Only way we can compete this weekend

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can just see Pay at home in tears saying to his wife 'Will you hurry up with my resume, we are playing the rorters this weekend and I'm definitely getting the arse on Monday, have you started looking for a house on the Gold Coast?
And Pays wife will answer 'Dont worry Dean your secret plan will get our team a miraculous win over the rorters, what was your plan again Dean, Tolman on the 4th tackle and on the 5th put up a bomb and not contest it.
Were gonna get smashed, I've predicted a major loss before and we've actually won but don't bet on it this time.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will get belted. Roosters are ready to roll now. But our press conference will be dean pay telling us how good our effort is and we get fucked by the referees

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
they had their "flat" game against the cows they will blow us off the park

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you are all missing the point.

I am talking about the Roosters MOTIVATION and MINDSET.

As i said, it is not easy being "up", especially this time of the year. Many of the Roosters players have had a big origin campaign. Players look for down time during the season. They are only human.

A classic example is when the Storm pipped us earlier this year. This Storm team that is 6 points better than any other team in the league.

No doubt the Storm saw us and during the week thought that they just had to turn up and look what happened. We were very unlucky to lose that game.

If the Roosters lost on the weekend or they won and struggled, the chances of them being complacement this weekend would be very low.

But when everyone tells you how good you are, then you flick the switch and blow a good team away, it further adds to the false security that you just have to turn up.

This is our only hope. This is how and why big upsets occur in sport. It is all between the ears.
I have always preferred the idea of playing a team after a win rather then a loss.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we expect to compete when we're going into the game like this?
The last 3 weeks team sheet vs team sheet were bad, but this is the worst one yet.
If we can stop the Roosters putting 40 on us and score a couple of tries we've done a good job tbh.

1. DWZ < Tedesco
2. Okunbor (?) < Tupou
3. Holland (?) < Latrell
4. Hopoate < Manu (?)
5. Reimis < Morris (?)
6. Foran (?) < Keary
7. Cogger (?) < Cronk
8. Tolman (?) < JWH
9. Lichaa < Radley (?)
10. Napa < Taukeiaho
11. CHN < Cordner
12. Jackson > Aubusson (i'll pick Jacko just to give us something, nothing between the 2 really)
13. Elliott < Liu (?)

14. JMK < Butcher
15. Toomaga < Crichton
16. Fualalo (?) < Tupouniua
17. Smith > Faamausili (I know nothing about Faamausili, potentially wrong here - Roosters will probably add a utility to their bench anyways)

*lineups inaccurate because I'm doing this before Tuesday/game day.
But ..... But ..... But ... you forgot one critical match-up. Pay > Robinson BAHAHAHAHA

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will get belted. Roosters are ready to roll now. But our press conference will be dean pay telling us how good our effort is and we get fucked by the referees
Haha come on, he won't stand up to the refs like that, more like:
"You know.. uhh.. we are a young squad and we are building but the effort is definitely there.... uhhh.. some of our senior players like Elliot and Lichaa really stood up today but unfortunately we just couldnt get the 2 points" (After losing 62 - 6).

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a real danger game for the Roosters.
The Bulldogs have shown against sides like the Storm & Sharks that they can beat teams they were expected to lose heavily too.
This will be a lot closer than many think.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For no reason other than I hate the rorters...

"Headline"

Dogs cause boil over beating the Roosters by 8. All in brawl during game with JWH knocked out by Meany punch after Josh Jackson calls cattledog and bitch slaps Cooper Cronk.

Dean pay admits at after game press conference that he is angry the team didn't follow his game plan like they did the week before against the Broncos. But was happy Elliot didn't get accidently hit by anyone during brawl...Gives him player of the week.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate the power of positive thinking works for finding a car park space, something like that.
We need a roosters bus crash on the way to the stadium.
Wishing for a bus crash is horrible!
It might injure an animal...

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for the forwards to put their bodies on the line and show some pride, but it won't happen because nothing motivates this team, this game will show wether Pay is a good coach who deserves another season or we will get massacred and that will prove what the majority already know Pay can't coach for shit.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a real danger game for the Roosters.
The Bulldogs have shown against sides like the Storm & Sharks that they can beat teams they were expected to lose heavily too.
This will be a lot closer than many think.
Cmon, I know you always downplay your team and coach but be serious. The only way they lose is if they're complacent beyond belief. The only reason we were in the other games was because they were in second gear.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cmon, I know you always downplay your team and coach but be serious. The only way they lose is if they're complacent beyond belief. The only reason we were in the other games was because they were in second gear.
You’re right I don’t rate the coach but I don’t down play the talent. I just don’t think it will be the cricket score you all expect.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re right I don’t rate the coach but I don’t down play the talent. I just don’t think it will be the cricket score you all expect.
I think we expect the worst that way it's not as painful to deal with.

As for the coach I reckon there's plenty out there who would kill for a coach that delivers 2 premierships in a small window. He definitely has the talent at his disposal but put Pay there and see what happens, zero premierships.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way we compete in this game, is by the use of MAGIC!!!!!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This game should seal Pays exit
If there’s a positive then that’s it. It’s what I would call moving forward. I do have empathy for the bloke as he walked into a shit storm but then his team selections completely baffle me. I feel sorry for him and angry at him all within a couple seconds. Maybe I should look at meds...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a reminder of when we played the Roosters in 2012 we never got out of second gear and we still beat them with ease. How times have changed, regardless of what anyone says the fact our management never adequately replaced Barba is why we are absolutely pathetic

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the Roosters are resting the whole first grade side this week. Coach Trent Robinson believes the Reggie’s side should take this game comfortably so he isn’t concerned and has already added the 2 points to his home office white board with permanent marker.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do what we did against the storm
‘Throw the footy around and have some fun