Only way we can compete this weekend

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters had not been in good form for the past 5-6 weeks.
Granted it was the origin period, players missing, out of form etc etc.
After they belted the Knights (who are a much better team than us), one of the Roosters players said, "when we flick the swicth, this is what we can do".
This sort of commentary opens the door for complacency. You are basically admitting that when we are in trouble, we can turn it on whenever we want, therefore there is no need to be "up" in intensity.
The Roosters result on the weekend makes them only believe that even more.

The roosters belted us a few weeks ago WITHOUT many of there strike players. They will remember that. They also know they have those strike players back.

It is not easy at all being "up" all the time and players look for breaks or downtime throughout the season.
I have no doubt many of these players will be thinking they have to just turn up to win this weekend.

They know we got belted on the weekend. This is our only hope of getting close, the roosters have severe complacency and we turn up ready to scrap.

If i am wrong and the roosters turn up, then we will get clocked.

But the roosters result on the weekend isnt a good thing for them imo, it just makes it much easier for them to get complacement.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Ryan Hall running at Meaney thanks to Pay... then I'd say that's game right there

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we locate that switch before Sunday please?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs don’t come to play and defend well we can easily have 60 put on us,time to bring back Lewis ,Jayden and give Harper his debut.
Cogger doesn’t have the kicking game and neither does Lewis but at least he can tackle.
80 missed tackles in this one otherwise

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's always a fighters chance but unfortunately we will get absolutely belted this week I have no doubt. I think I will intentionally miss watching this game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can name any Bulldogs line up you want but keeping the Chooks to under 40 will be a minor miracle.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
given we are good for 6-12 pts a game, holding the chooks to 12 is just not going to happen

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are all missing the point.

I am talking about the Roosters MOTIVATION and MINDSET.

As i said, it is not easy being "up", especially this time of the year. Many of the Roosters players have had a big origin campaign. Players look for down time during the season. They are only human.

A classic example is when the Storm pipped us earlier this year. This Storm team that is 6 points better than any other team in the league.

No doubt the Storm saw us and during the week thought that they just had to turn up and look what happened. We were very unlucky to lose that game.

If the Roosters lost on the weekend or they won and struggled, the chances of them being complacement this weekend would be very low.

But when everyone tells you how good you are, then you flick the switch and blow a good team away, it further adds to the false security that you just have to turn up.

This is our only hope. This is how and why big upsets occur in sport. It is all between the ears.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will compete for about 10 minutes.. when the score is 80 nil.

And then Pay will focus on that "10 minute period as our benchmark of how we expect to play".

Then talk about the completion rate being the reason behind the demolition

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The roosters are a good side and they can play to the circumstances.

The circumstances are they don't need to do much to beat us.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think you are all missing the point.

I am talking about the Roosters MOTIVATION and MINDSET.

As i said, it is not easy being "up", especially this time of the year. Many of the Roosters players have had a big origin campaign. Players look for down time during the season. They are only human.

A classic example is when the Storm pipped us earlier this year. This Storm team that is 6 points better than any other team in the league.

No doubt the Storm saw us and during the week thought that they just had to turn up and look what happened. We were very unlucky to lose that game.

If the Roosters lost on the weekend or they won and struggled, the chances of them being complacement this weekend would be very low.

But when everyone tells you how good you are, then you flick the switch and blow a good team away, it further adds to the false security that you just have to turn up.

This is our only hope. This is how and why big upsets occur in sport. It is all between the ears.
I didn't miss it, just saying they could probably beat us with their reserve team or half a team playing.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta keep that lateral shift to the wings up, if we defend out wide we are half way there.
Its winnable.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters are a good side and they can play to the circumstances.

The circumstances are they don't need to do much to beat us.
How did they lose to Cows team who had halves of Clifford and Asiata and Drinkwater at FB?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm expecting a loss by 30 plus. The Roosters won't be complacent after racking up the losses the last few months and with the finals around the corner. Even if they were, they could beat us easily while playing in 2nd gear.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is marking Latrell? Hope it's Okunbor and Meaney (to replace Montoya at centre).