Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's exactly like the situation with Des and Lichaa (Cook) and Dorothy (Tank/Finucane)...the dumb coach supported the wrong player...and that was demonstrably proven by performance. It happens unfortunately that a stubborn coach puts their ego before the team.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool story bro...heard it before in every other thread you posted it in. Just to clarify, what you say could be true as it could also be true that Pay believes that Bulldogs are best served by having Elliot play 80 mistake riddled minutes, that the first grade team is too strong to give Renouf a spot on the bench and Ogden deserved to be dropped based on performance.
The "code of conduct" which apparently Adam Elliott makes decisions on (being in the leadership group) if you believe the fairy tales.

The same Adam Elliott who poured alcohol down his genitals at a mad Monday function with the coach cheering on. Lucky we have these great examples making decisions on the playing group and who should be dropped.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Find another way to punish players for not meeting certain criteria. This isn’t school. Yes they are NRL players who will never be squeaky clean or perfect but we only play 24 games in a regular season attempting to make finals. If we’re not putting our best team on the paddock each week, then we aren’t taking the season as seriously as we should be
Every team has a players' code of conduct that is signed off individually by every player which is enforced by the players themselves and the players leadership group. It contains behavioural as well as off field conduct, training contributions, showing respect for the club at all times, team conditions etc and has disciplinary repercussions for failing to meet the agreed code of conduct benchmarks. Fail them and the pier group actions follow the disciplinary actions as per the code. It only works if the coaching staff also sign off and abide by the code themselves which includes respecting the disciplinary actions invoke by the players.

An example, a player continually is late for training, turns up without his gear, doesn't abide by the team nutritionists diet, as a result drastically exceeds his weigh target, ditches recovery sessions, fails to meet his agreed fitness level and dodges the additional training sessions that his position demands. The players code of conduct specifies that he is not available for NRL games until he meets or at the very least attempts to me those criteria. The coaching staff are simply not going to ignore that and pick him for the next game, that's not how it works.

Go Dogs

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliots a fuxkwit on and off the field just ask the staff at the leagues club

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get real. Dean Pay is not being biased. He is being honest. The guys he dropped needed to be dropped.
However, he doesnt have a great talent pool to work with. Will be better before you know it.
When did Elliot or Jackson get dropped?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As fans we just look at what happens on the field, but the coaching staff when selecting a team look at a lot of other factors. For example, is it possible that one of players you have named is over his agreed target weight and has failed to achieve his fitness target? Another possibly being punished for not abiding by the players code of conduct. The other coming back from a tricky injury and almost certainly has recovery targets to hit before he can be subject to the riggers of NRL level.

We only see what's on the field, we don't see what happens at training, in the recovery room and what the players themselves have agreed to as their codes of conduct.

Go Dogs
A team should always be picked based on the performances ON FIELD. Hey if a player has a few bad games based on the fact his overweight, mentally weak or unfit in the fitness department then by all means SACK THE *****!

Its like doing your HSC, Just because you didn't study doesn't mean your not going to ace the test... Some people (players) are just more gifted than others and don't necessarily need to work as hard at their game as others.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2015 NSW Under 20's, would probably still beat the 2019 bulldogs.

1. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)

2. Brian Kelly (Gold Coast)

3. John Olive (South Sydney)

4. Robert Jennings (Penrith)

5. Brent Naden (Penrith)

6. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters)

7. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra)

8. Alex Twal (Parramatta)

9. Grant Garvey (Sydney Roosters)

10. Liam Knight (Manly)

11. Joe Stimson (Melbourne)

12. Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta)

13. Luke Yates (Newcastle)

14. Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers)

15. Oliver Clark (Penrith)

16. Addison Demetriou (Manly)

17. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra)

18. Matt Woods (Wests Tigers)
Did Pay pick that team?? Fark me no wonder half those kids didn't go on to bigger and better things.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A team should always be picked based on the performances ON FIELD. Hey if a player has a few bad games based on the fact his overweight, mentally weak or unfit in the fitness department then by all means SACK THE *****!
Its like doing your HSC, Just because you didn't study doesn't mean your not going to ace the test... Some people (players) are just more gifted than others and don't necessarily need to work as hard at their game as others.
You can't just sack someone who is on contract, they still get paid, still get included in the salary cap etc, so it achieves nothing. The exemption is the NRL No Fault Stand Down, but that's not in play here.
The code of conduct is agreed to and signed off by all players, in fact the ones that I have been involved in are actually set by the players themselves at the start of each pre season. They agree to their personal and team targets, which includes a lot of stuff that the players themselves feel is important for THE TEAM as a whole. Not just them personally. Obviously they draw on the expertise of the coaching staff, but in the end it's the players that decide and then they often implement discipline appropriately.

It's not like doing your HSC, because that's YOUR HSC not the TEAMS HSC. If you fail the HSC it's only YOU that is affected, if you consistently fail to meet the code of conduct then the whole TEAM is affected.

Codes of conduct builds teams, bring the individuals closer together, solidifies the team, unites them in a common and personal goals, every day, every training session. All NRL teams have them these days.

We aren't talking petty shit here, it's usually serious stuff, repetitively. Not being 1 kg over your weight target, more like 10 kgs, not just once but week after week due to ignoring the nutritionists directives. It's not being a bit a slower (than your personal target) over the 4 kilometre run, it's more like not being able make the 4 kilometres at all. It's not missing 1 after training session with your goal kicking mentor, it's cancelling them totally. If you think that's harsh, I know Bellamy dropped a player last year for 2 games for not reviewing the videos of the games, he's a hard arse, but gets respect for it from the players.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't just sack someone who is on contract, they still get paid, still get included in the salary cap etc, so it achieves nothing. The exemption is the NRL No Fault Stand Down, but that's not in play here.
The code of conduct is agreed to and signed off by all players, in fact the ones that I have been involved in are actually set by the players themselves at the start of each pre season. They agree to their personal and team targets, which includes a lot of stuff that the players themselves feel is important for THE TEAM as a whole. Not just them personally. Obviously they draw on the expertise of the coaching staff, but in the end it's the players that decide and then they often implement discipline appropriately.

It's not like doing your HSC, because that's YOUR HSC not the TEAMS HSC. If you fail the HSC it's only YOU that is affected, if you consistently fail to meet the code of conduct then the whole TEAM is affected.

Codes of conduct builds teams, bring the individuals closer together, solidifies the team, unites them in a common and personal goals, every day, every training session. All NRL teams have them these days.

We aren't talking petty shit here, it's usually serious stuff, repetitively. Not being 1 kg over your weight target, more like 10 kgs, not just once but week after week due to ignoring the nutritionists directives. It's not being a bit a slower (than your personal target) over the 4 kilometre run, it's more like not being able make the 4 kilometres at all. It's not missing 1 after training session with your goal kicking mentor, it's cancelling them totally. If you think that's harsh, I know Bellamy dropped a player last year for 2 games for not reviewing the videos of the games, he's a hard arse, but gets respect for it from the players.

Go Dogs
Do you have a cousin called Nasheed?

I'll say one more thing... How about if the majority of the team doesn't like the certain demographic that revolves around the "leadership" group and the so called codes of conduct you keep ramping on about? What kind of team are we building and how long is it going to take to build??

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How then can you justify the constant selection of under performing players like Elliot when Ogden, CHN, Renouf have been in reggies?
Maybe bad judgement but not bias. Pay might not be a great coach but who would risk their job by picking players they like more? He's got a shit roster to work with so it's not as if he's got loads of options. He's made a few weird decisions like dropping CHN and keeping Lichaa for so long but most of the blokes that have been dropped have deserved it, especially Lewis.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliots a fuxkwit on and off the field just ask the staff at the leagues club
Get fucked and felch yourself fooch. He's rightfully getting shit for his form but get fucked with this character shit.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get real. Dean Pay is not being biased. He is being honest. The guys he dropped needed to be dropped.
However, he doesnt have a great talent pool to work with. Will be better before you know it.
No he is just a moron.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The "code of conduct" which apparently Adam Elliott makes decisions on (being in the leadership group) if you believe the fairy tales.

The same Adam Elliott who poured alcohol down his genitals at a mad Monday function with the coach cheering on. Lucky we have these great examples making decisions on the playing group and who should be dropped.
Bro thanks for giving me that Image before I need to go to bed. Now I am going to have trouble sleeping.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll say one more thing...
I count 2, actually 3, questions.

How about if the majority of the team doesn't like the certain demographic that revolves around the "leadership" group and the so called codes of conduct you keep ramping on about?
The team elects the leadership group, so if they “don’t like” them then they can vote different players to be the leaders.

What kind of team are we building
One with a culture that is firstly accountable to themselves and accountable to their teammates. A team culture that endures, that doesn’t walk out the door when a player leaves. That’s how the good teams build longevity, stay at or close to the top for year after year, they have a culture, a code, that every playing abides by. That’s how teams like Melbourne bring in a player that almost no one has ever heard of and they click into place like a lego piece, they were brought into the culture the first day they arrived.

how long is it going to take to build??
It never actually stops, it’s never “finished”, as players leave and new players arrive they are involved in the culture and abide by the Bulldogs players code.

Go Dogs

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but there's only so far being a good trainer without being a good player on the field can get you.
I greatly admire Elliot's work ethic, his personality and generosity with the community work he does, hes a great ambassador for our club, but sadly lacks on the field in the top grade.
When we are getting pumped every week, we can't just keep accepting 'good guys' with poor performances.
Being a Nice guy doesn't pay the bills

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I completely agree, but my opinion (and it's only my opinion nothing more) is that Elliot isn't being picked just because he's a good trainer, good guy, from the country, one of the leadership group etc. It's because the alternatives have other issues that rule them out of even being considered as a replacement for him.

Go Dogs
What about pay he isn't reaching any of his targets why not drop him

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Fact is the board is already under question for appointing Dean Pay as Head Coach, if the oust him too early it will put them under even more scrutiny. They are best of continuing to tow the line of 'we have a young squad'. Which they are more than entitled to, because we do. But I still very much believe that the order of our problems are:

1. Coach and coaching staff
2. Age and quality of players

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find another way to punish players for not meeting certain criteria. This isn’t school. Yes they are NRL players who will never be squeaky clean or perfect but we only play 24 games in a regular season attempting to make finals. If we’re not putting our best team on the paddock each week, then we aren’t taking the season as seriously as we should be
Haha I agree. We’re almost at the stage where we shouldn’t care if they are train robbers on weekends just win us some effing games! [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.