It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Like most Bulldogs fans, I have had enough. We have had to endure many years of under performing, mediocre, amateurish and unprofessionalism on and off the field that has taken our great club to its lowest standards since its introduction in 1935.

We use to be a club all other clubs aspired to be. Operated with professionalism and pride that would always see the Bulldogs Empire strive in leaps and bounds effortlessly and seemingly a step ahead of its rivals. I can easily remember having full faith in who was running the club in the background.

On the field it was no different. We played with honor and pride for our emblem knowing that it's win at all costs. We never backed down from any team and even while we were losing you always knew that no matter what situation we were in, we were still in it and that the fighting spirit of any player that put on the Bulldogs jersey would always be there, losing was not an option or in our DNA.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

We now have our club in dire straights never seen in all its history. An attitude off the field and within the four walls of the offices of those that seem to accept the current failures are purely a process to live with before success. The lack of transparency to its members and fans now see's a disconnect with the club and it's followers. I, like most no longer share the faith i once had. The people now running this club and team have destroyed that.

No longer do I see the spirit, honor and pride on the field for the emblem and jersey that teams use to fear. Instead, we are a team all others can't wait to play knowing they won't be outplayed or intimidated and that all they need to do is just do their job as not much will be thrown at them. And within the Bulldogs club this has become acceptable by all people involved on and off the field where our levels of professionalism has dropped to become the most unprofessional club in the NRL.

IT'S TIME FOR FANS TO ACT.

Are you going to sit there and watch our club fall deeper and deeper into a hole and be a laughing stock of the NRL? Are you going to let our great rivals such as Parramatta, Manly and St George laugh at how poor our club and team is? Are you going to wait for the current regime running the club, our coach, staff and players to pull us out of this mess? I say NO! I say we need to make a stand and end this rot starting this week.

HOW??

So there is an expectation that being a long weekend and playing St George the fans will just turn up. This is the arrogance of the club that expects it just to happen.
We have to show that on all levels with the club we are not happy and our voices need to be heard with our feet. I'm saying to refrain from attending Monday's game and show solidarity within the fans that we have had enough. I am a member and I will be keeping my seats empty to say I've had enough of paying my money to a club that does not show me the same spirit and support I have shown through these tough years. Enough is enough.
Hi Novdoggie

Thanks for the effort you put into your post.

Yes, after more than 40 years following the Dogs it seems like we are at an all time low.

I feel disconnected from the club and the team and am now pretty much indifferent to what happens on game day. I would still prefer us to win, but when we lose it doesn't feel bad like it used to because I am now conditioned to the team losing.

Re not attending the game Dogs v Dragons on Monday, I hold 4 platinum season tickets but my seats have been empty all year. I couldn't be fucked going to games anymore and Monday will be no different.

I don't live that far from the stadium but couldnt be bothered going to a game.

Kind of sad as in years gone by I would never miss a home game and also travelled all over Sydney and beyond to watch us play eg plenty of trips to places like Brisbane, Canberra etc to see the Dogs. These days you couldn't fuckin pay me enough to go to these places. A complete waste of my time.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi Novdoggie

Thanks for the effort you put into your post.

Yes, after more than 40 years following the Dogs it seems like we are at an all time low.

I feel disconnected from the club and the team and am now pretty much indifferent to what happens on game day. I would still prefer us to win, but when we lose it doesn't feel bad like it used to because I am now conditioned to the team losing.

Re not attending the game Dogs v Dragons on Monday, I hold 4 platinum season tickets but my seats have been empty all year. I couldn't be fucked going to games anymore and Monday will be no different.

I don't live that far from the stadium but couldnt be bothered going to a game.

Kind of sad as in years gone by I would never miss a home game and also travelled all over Sydney and beyond to watch us play eg plenty of trips to places like Brisbane, Canberra etc to see the Dogs. These days you couldn't fuckin pay me enough to go to these places. A complete waste of my time.
Rookie dog I am in total agreement with you...
I have been a supporter since the seventies and a multiple member since the stand was built at Belmore.
My group got so big we had to be allocated to three different locations.
Now... a family member is a sponsor and have a box to all home games where I get invited to frequently but refuse to go.
For years I kept renewing the memberships solely as a support for MY TEAM occasionally attending games until the state of the game got the worst out of me. I stopped renewing three years ago.
Last year I got a call from the club asking...why not ?
The answer is another story !!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most Bulldogs fans, I have had enough. We have had to endure many years of under performing, mediocre, amateurish and unprofessionalism on and off the field that has taken our great club to its lowest standards since its introduction in 1935.

We use to be a club all other clubs aspired to be. Operated with professionalism and pride that would always see the Bulldogs Empire strive in leaps and bounds effortlessly and seemingly a step ahead of its rivals. I can easily remember having full faith in who was running the club in the background.

On the field it was no different. We played with honor and pride for our emblem knowing that it's win at all costs. We never backed down from any team and even while we were losing you always knew that no matter what situation we were in, we were still in it and that the fighting spirit of any player that put on the Bulldogs jersey would always be there, losing was not an option or in our DNA.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

We now have our club in dire straights never seen in all its history. An attitude off the field and within the four walls of the offices of those that seem to accept the current failures are purely a process to live with before success. The lack of transparency to its members and fans now see's a disconnect with the club and it's followers. I, like most no longer share the faith i once had. The people now running this club and team have destroyed that.

No longer do I see the spirit, honor and pride on the field for the emblem and jersey that teams use to fear. Instead, we are a team all others can't wait to play knowing they won't be outplayed or intimidated and that all they need to do is just do their job as not much will be thrown at them. And within the Bulldogs club this has become acceptable by all people involved on and off the field where our levels of professionalism has dropped to become the most unprofessional club in the NRL.

IT'S TIME FOR FANS TO ACT.

Are you going to sit there and watch our club fall deeper and deeper into a hole and be a laughing stock of the NRL? Are you going to let our great rivals such as Parramatta, Manly and St George laugh at how poor our club and team is? Are you going to wait for the current regime running the club, our coach, staff and players to pull us out of this mess? I say NO! I say we need to make a stand and end this rot starting this week.

HOW??

So there is an expectation that being a long weekend and playing St George the fans will just turn up. This is the arrogance of the club that expects it just to happen.
We have to show that on all levels with the club we are not happy and our voices need to be heard with our feet. I'm saying to refrain from attending Monday's game and show solidarity within the fans that we have had enough. I am a member and I will be keeping my seats empty to say I've had enough of paying my money to a club that does not show me the same spirit and support I have shown through these tough years. Enough is enough.
I said enough last year,if pay stays I will not be renewing my season tickets ,so I spend the extra money at the leagues club.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you truly expect that because we don't turn up that somehow, magically, salary cap space will appear? That 10 players will be influenced by us not turning up that they will leave and then 10 gun players will suddenly become available and come running to us begging to play? That because we don't turn up the Board will resign and from nowhere will come 5 saviours, riding in on their white horses?

Me, I'll be there supporting the players, the ones who bust their gut trying every day at training and every game to do their best.

Go Dogs
What I am trying to accomplish is that when you read these stats, the players you say "bust their gut" need to be shown by the fans who invest their money into the club that we deserve better than what you consider is "their best". The stats don't lie.

The basic stats don't tell us anything we don't know but they are alarming all the same when looked at...

The Bulldogs are scoring the fewest points per game this season (12.9)

Canterbury has struggled defensively this season conceding the most metres (1550 per game), the second most offloads (11.3 per game) and the third most points (22.9 per game).

Canterbury’s home form has been poor, losing four of its five as the home team including losses in the past two...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What would be the point getting outraged and calling for this and that person to be axed short term? Bellamy or Bennett couldnt coach the current squad to the top 8 without a lot more time. And we need players in a few positions that dont have lots of players come available often, to start replacing players fast (regardless of what we have to spend in the cap)

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a ridiculous post. So you only want to support a winning club? True supports stand by the club no matter what. The club has been through this and worse in the past and I am confident in saying will again.
But I support the bulldogs no matter what. Players come and go some more memorable than others for different reasons but the club will always be there so how about you stop winging suck it up and support your club otherwise go find a team that always wins. I would suggest at present that is either Celtic in Scotland or Mercedes in the formula 1
As I mentioned in my post, I am a paying member for 15 consecutive years so I'd say I am a fan that has supported the club no matter what the situation has been. I doubt this the case for most on here who think they are loyal fans who barely go out to games. I'd also say I'm entitled to my angst towards the club which is giving me no return for my money over the years so this is one way of showing how I feel.

If you want to sit back and accept the work of Dean Pay and how he is performing as head coach, continue supporting him by turning up to games (if you really do go) because unless you show your disapproval with your feet, your voice won't be heard.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fukk off, tell me what to do.

Ffs with these idiotic threads. Its only footy, we're not trying to over throw a government.
Hahaha exactly! What about all those poor people in Venezuela. My uncle lives there and him and his family are under the pump.

I’m just happy Liverpool won the Champions League. That’s what you call a real club

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Rookie dog I am in total agreement with you...
I have been a supporter since the seventies and a multiple member since the stand was built at Belmore.
My group got so big we had to be allocated to three different locations.
Now... a family member is a sponsor and have a box to all home games where I get invited to frequently but refuse to go.
For years I kept renewing the memberships solely as a support for MY TEAM occasionally attending games until the state of the game got the worst out of me. I stopped renewing three years ago.
Last year I got a call from the club asking...why not ?
The answer is another story !!!
Thanks D.

Like you, I had tickets in the Grandstand at Belmore. I first got them in the early 90s

I have had my current seats at ANZ since we moved there. Row 20 on halfway behind the Dogs players box. Fabulous seats.

If I don't renew them I will never get them back but my strong feeling is that I am going to abandon them.

Regarding my not going to games anymore - I don't feel that I am a bad supporter, I just couldn't take any more of the effort to go out, the Dogs play crap and lose and I just feel miserable about it and wish I had not been there. There is no pleasure in it at all - it is in fact the opposite

Years gone by we were usually a chance to win a game or at least be competitive but now losing is the normal situation.

Over several years (excluding this year) I went out to about 10 or so games and because of our atrocious win / loss record, I did not see us win one single game.

It must be abut three years since I have seen us win a game live. I actually can't even remember what game that would be.

I feel like as fans we give a lot out (I am not just talking about dollars, but effort and energy an emotion etc).

My wife once said to me "you love the Bulldogs, but they don't love you back".

It really annoyed me at the time and I said "that's crap" but I now see that she was correct.

The Bulldogs aren't giving anything back to us fans these days

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks D.

Like you, I had tickets in the Grandstand at Belmore. I first got them in the early 90s

I have had my current seats at ANZ since we moved there. Row 20 on halfway behind the Dogs players box. Fabulous seats.

If I don't renew them I will never get them back but my strong feeling is that I am going to abandon them.

Regarding my not going to games anymore - I don't feel that I am a bad supporter, I just couldn't take any more of the effort to go out, the Dogs play crap and lose and I just feel miserable about it and wish I had not been there. There is no pleasure in it at all - it is in fact the opposite

Years gone by we were usually a chance to win a game or at least be competitive but now losing is the normal situation.

Over several years (excluding this year) I went out to about 10 or so games and because of our atrocious win / loss record, I did not see us win one single game.

It must be abut three years since I have seen us win a game live. I actually can't even remember what game that would be.

I feel like as fans we give a lot out (I am not just talking about dollars, but effort and energy an emotion etc).

My wife once said to me "you love the Bulldogs, but they don't love you back".

It really annoyed me at the time and I said "that's crap" but I now see that she was correct.

The Bulldogs aren't giving anything back to us fans these days
That's how most of us feel and we are long time supporters. How is the club gonna attract new fans? There just isn't the interest or passion to get youngsters to follow the club. There's no special players or iconic coach or entertaining footy. It makes you wonder about the on going future supporter base.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it won't, we get paid by ANZ Stadium no matter how many turn up.

Go Dogs
You don't get it. Having 60,000+ empty seats on live television and a stand alone game in Sydney will emphasise the discontent the fans have with the club. I'll almost guarantee it will be printed in the media how poor the crowd was and turn to the real reasons why it occurred and put pressure on the club to take action. Whether that be sack Pay or not time will tell but it will be an embarrassment if a game like this which use to attract 50,000 have a majority of Dragons supporters. Then the club might listen to the fans.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't get it. Having 60,000+ empty seats on live television and a stand alone game in Sydney will emphasise the discontent the fans have with the club. I'll almost guarantee it will be printed in the media how poor the crowd was and turn to the real reasons why it occurred and put pressure on the club to take action. Whether that be sack Pay or not time will tell but it will be an embarrassment if a game like this which use to attract 50,000 have a majority of Dragons supporters. Then the club might listen to the fans.
Not a chance, they will simply make sure that the cameras only show areas where there are people. They will concentrate on the Dragons supporters, big flags, banners signs. No empty areas will be shown, same as happens at every game, the broadcasters don't want to show any evidence of low interest in games. Their agenda is to pump up the game, so they will avoid anything that diminishes it.

In regards to "listening to the fans", not being there makes it rather hard for them to get hear you. A better opportunity to be heard would have been by attending the Football Club Members briefing last week, did you go along and make you concerns heard?

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Go along to the Meet and Greet after the game on Monday and report back here on all the goss lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All Members are invited to stay around after the Bulldogs round 13 match against the Dragons to meet the players at Club 18 for our members exclusive post-match.
Hear from our players and Head Coach Dean Pay and grab an autograph and a selfie!
Details of the event are :
DATE: Monday June 10
TIME: 7-00 – 8-00 pm
VENUE: Club 18, ANZ Stadium (Western Grandstand)

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a chance, they will simply make sure that the cameras only show areas where there are people. They will concentrate on the Dragons supporters, big flags, banners signs. No empty areas will be shown, same as happens at every game, the broadcasters don't want to show any evidence of low interest in games. Their agenda is to pump up the game, so they will avoid anything that diminishes it.

In regards to "listening to the fans", not being there makes it rather hard for them to get hear you. A better opportunity to be heard would have been by attending the Football Club Members briefing last week, did you go along and make you concerns heard?

Go Dogs
lol...Obviously you've never been to a Members Meeting. Fyr, these are orchestrated by the club and will only answer questions they want asked and prepared to answer. I have attempted to raise certain concerns over the years but they bypass it and shut you down when they know it gets away from their agenda. I stop going to these a couple years ago because I was confronted at the end of one meeting that they will not allow me entry because of the questions I ask. They are a waste of time and a joke.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go along to the Meet and Greet after the game on Monday and report back here on all the goss lol.
Let me tell you now what they will say.
Stick with us the players and coaching staff are trying their best.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
lol...Obviously you've never been to a Members Meeting. Fyr, these are orchestrated by the club and will only answer questions they want asked and prepared to answer. I have attempted to raise certain concerns over the years but they bypass it and shut you down when they know it gets away from their agenda. I stop going to these a couple years ago because I was confronted at the end of one meeting that they will not allow me entry because of the questions I ask. They are a waste of time and a joke.
I didn't see one question not answered, that's before, during and after. As has been the case with this Board since their very first meeting, the previous Board, well that's been our mutual experience.

Go Dogs