REBUILD?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this phrase has been tossed around our club the last 2 years. The coach keeps pointing the finger at that reason and lack of experience to our losses and refuses to take any responsibility for anything.

So our great club rewards mediocracy with extensions by the looks of it. Licha is a prime example and now pay. Besides this board dumping staff members and getting rid of some of most experienced players to so called get our cap back on track. What else have they done?

Performances have been nothing but pathetic and the game plans every week are getting worse. A rebuild is supposed to show improvement even at the slightest and yet we seem to be getting worse and going backwards this year.

I want to ask all these Anderson supporters. After the massive clean out of our high profile players, the board came out and said we have some free space in the cap now and it’s not as bad as it was. Then weeks later we get told we can’t buy anyone till 2021. So your telling me if we kept all these players that we got rid of we couldn’t rebuild for what? 10 years? Please!

Something stinks and we ain’t getting told the whole truth. This rebuild phase so far has been nothing but a Failure. If this club wants to be serious about its fans and results, we should not re-sign anyone off contract within the next year excluding a few promising talents for depth or potential 1st grade material. Sign a decent and proven coach. Then build with a hand full of decent new players aka Hooker and centres. Then my friends we can call it a rebuild.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole fucking situation stinks, your absolutely 100% correct. No more to say really, except our club needs to sort it’s shit out REALLY fast..!!!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did they say this?
I read it when we released mbye somewhere and also on a fox show, Hughes came out and said there’s some relief and we have money in the cap.

Also when they interviewed pay on another fox show he came out and Said we have money in the cap spare this year but we ain’t spending it. How the hell does that make any sense to anyone?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole fucking situation stinks, your absolutely 100% correct. No more to say really, except our club needs to sort it’s shit out REALLY fast..!!!
Scary thing is I don’t think they can or know how to. I’ve got 0% confidence in this new board from what I’ve seen so far, hope things turn around fast

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really don't have Jack shit the team will basically the same side as this year. We really won't have money freed up until 2021. 2020 is the end of all the shitting contracts.

Canterbury Bulldogs

Player Contracted seasons
Fa'amanu Brown 2019
Jack Cogger 2019 2020
Christian Crichton 2019 2020 2021
Adam Elliott 2019 2020
Raymond Faitala-Mariner 2019 2020
Kieran Foran 2019 2020
Danny Fualalo 2019
Corey Harawira-Naera 2019 2020 2021 2022
Kerrod Holland 2019 2020
Will Hopoate 2019 2020
Josh Jackson 2019 2020
Lachlan Lewis 2019 2020
Michael Lichaa 2019
Jeremy Marshall-King 2019 2020
Rhyse Martin 2019
Nick Meaney 2019 2020 2021
Marcelo Montoya 2019 2020
Dylan Napa 2019 2020 2021
Ofahiki Ogden 2019 2020 2021
Jayden Okunbor 2019 2020 2021
John Olive 2019
Zac Saddler 2019
Chris Smith 2019 2020
Reimis Smith 2019 2020
Sauaso Sue 2019 2020
Aiden Tolman 2019 2020
Renouf To'omaga 2019 2020
Francis Tualau 2019
Brandon Wakeham 2019 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read it when we released mbye somewhere and also on a fox show, Hughes came out and said there’s some relief and we have money in the cap.

Also when they interviewed pay on another fox show he came out and Said we have money in the cap spare this year but we ain’t spending it. How the hell does that make any sense to anyone?
I have never heard Pay we have spare cap space but aren't spending it.

Even after releasing Mbye and Woods our cap was still screwed that was to get us under the cap it and the money we had left would have been used to make the purchases at the end of last season.

The majority of players are already on contract till 2020 so there's not much we can do.

Its a shit situation and people can complain all they like but the playing roster isn't changing much unless we can off load players but then we are paying part of the contracts again.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we've all accepted the cap situation.

My issue is with the tactics we're using and the players we're picking. There's some very clear and obvious signs that the coach doesn't know what he's doing out there.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never heard Pay we have spare cap space but aren't spending it.

Even after releasing Mbye and Woods our cap was still screwed that was to get us under the cap it and the money we had left would have been used to make the purchases at the end of last season.

The majority of players are already on contract till 2020 so there's not much we can do.

Its a shit situation and people can complain all they like but the playing roster isn't changing much unless we can off load players but then we are paying part of the contracts again.
It was the interview on Fox when they asked him the situation etc. I wish I can find it but he said we have a bit of free cap space and they are looking for a marquee signing next year. He said we have some this year but havnt spent it. I brought it up in a different thread the night it was on tv.

But yea I see what your saying about our players staying till 2020. I just think RE signing pay so early on was a stupid mistake and not giving dymock a crack was even worse. Pays tactics during the games and his selections are by far the worst I’ve seen as a dogs supporter

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was the interview on Fox when they asked him the situation etc. I wish I can find it but he said we have a bit of free cap space and they are looking for a marquee signing next year. He said we have some this year but havnt spent it. I brought it up in a different thread the night it was on tv.

But yea I see what your saying about our players staying till 2020. I just think RE signing pay so early on was a stupid mistake and not giving dymock a crack was even worse. Pays tactics during the games and his selections are by far the worst I’ve seen as a dogs supporter
Is that the interview he was talking about making a marquee signing and then said someone like Ponga? If it was he was referring to 2021 as the year we could make a play for that.

Yeah I agree about Pay in one sense its a good thing that there isn't many of our players off contract or cap space for Pay to spend this year as I'm not confident in him buying the players we need.

Edit- is that the interview you are talking about?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/24ccafee901b0f6eee6f309a47182d61

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been a very long time but i think its time i find another RX3 and start rebuilding again

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its been a very long time but i think its time i find another RX3 and start rebuilding again
Haha, just finished my rx3 project and flicked it an bought a VERY nice evo 9 to go with my s15 spec r, gotta love the toys mate :grinning:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we gave our 9, 7, 6 and 1 to the Storm......they’d be coming last right now, that’s just a fact

I’m not happy with everything Dean has done but seriously this side are not contenders, fact

I think the Andersons can fix the joint but they need time, all of us on here including me are impatient, we want results now but realistically look at the side, some of these guys may go on to be great players, some definitely need to be moved on.

I hope we start winning next year ffs

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, just finished my rx3 project and flicked it an bought a VERY nice evo 9 to go with my s15 spec r, gotta love the toys mate :grinning:
I have an rx2 that i built mostly... and ive just started building a 1300 wagon

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have an rx2 that i built mostly... and ive just started building an 1300 wagon
The wagon sounds Mint bud. Back when I had a nice baby 808 wagon with full mirror tints, with an rx3 nose cone, 12a Bridgy, big ports . Was a beautiful sound ... !!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
have u seen the price of them lately :astonished:..

I sold a genuine rx3 coupe 13bt for 26k just before the boom :sleepy:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
have u seen the price of them lately :astonished:..

I sold a genuine rx3 coupe 13bt for 26k just before the boom :sleepy:
Sold my rx3 for $45k 4 year project.

Hijacked thread much lol..!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sold my rx3 for $45k

Hijacked thread much lol..!!
thats still cheap ... ...

LOL Hijacked 4 sure ... cant help it ... im a massive rota nut (as the name suggest) ..

just another shit thread anyway