Mice issue or not?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
F**king field mice...

I know everywhere online says "oooh if you have found one there are many more around", but (touch wood), this doesn't seem to be the case around here.

Found one about 6-12 months ago (single one that had shit everywhere). After we disposed of it we kept a close lookout and found no signs of droppings or mice anywhere else. It was in the house over a month we believe and shit up a storm. After it was caught there was no other signs for over 6 months (indicating a single mouse).

That was about 12 months ago.

About a week ago found some gnawed chocolate on a table and thought "hmm that's strange". Had also heard slighty scurrying in the roof on the odd occassion, only maybe once every 2-3 nights and fairly infrequent. I figured "cockroach or cricket". Anyway another one appeared today in the recycling bin in our kitchen. Was clear last night, but today this little mouse was stuck in there. I suspect it may have been coming in and out of the house, climbed up the curtain, and fallen in, as it couldn't get out.

Anyway off to the death chamber (metal bin with ratsack in it okkystrapped lid to prevent dog getting in) it went.

Surely it can't be a major infestation or we'd have seen heaps of droppings, spotted a mouse, or heard things in the roof.. am I right?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can deal with anything expect Mice and Rats. Game over for me, I'll actually leave the house and everything. lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just mix flour with cement and leave a nice drink of coca cola for the little critters!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just mix flour with cement and leave a nice drink of coca cola for the little critters!
I'm trying not to attract them :D. Field mice apparently are often one offs, chased into homes for whatever reason - or opportunistic.

I can deal with anything expect Mice and Rats. Game over for me, I'll actually leave the house and everything. lol
hahah yeah they irk me for some reason (the idea of knowing they've been into things in the house), and now I've got the site giving me ads for removal LOL.

Found only a few droppings, but in our bedside drawers, so clearly ones been poking around.

Last time the single mouse set up home behind my home theatre gear (amp/HTPC/speakers), and shit/pissed up a storm. Also pissed and shit on my laptop but luckily no damage done.

This time the traces of it are far less, though does amaze me that they can get into (and out of), such things as drawers. I think it's been using the roof to get around undetected for a few days (no doubt looking for food). Wifey left a museli bar on the table which it had a nibble of, as well as the chocolate rabbit.

We have our dog inside most of the time but she mustn't scare them enough.

It's only a tiny one (like last time), maybe the size of a thumb.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
get one of these sticky pads glue board you can get from ebay. All the other traps and posions are absolutely useless.

they are banned in Australia cos they are considered "inhumane" so you wont get it from the local shop unless it is the $2 chinese shop.

upload_2019-5-24_17-56-34.png

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I've eliminated 4 of the fuckers with traps over the past few days.

Had to get really sensitive traps as they were so small they were taking the bait without setting them off.

I was astounded at their cheekiness. Hope that's it.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate them too. Having a rat running through your walls when your trying to sleep is pure torture.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact they have access to everything, can climb walls, are fast as fuck while at the same time being too big to squash just get me going big time Haha.

One time I had a mouse in my room when i was living in London. I ended up locking it in and I slept out in the kitchen... probably unknowingly with even more mice haha

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying not to attract them :D. Field mice apparently are often one offs, chased into homes for whatever reason - or opportunistic.

hahah yeah they irk me for some reason (the idea of knowing they've been into things in the house), and now I've got the site giving me ads for removal LOL.

Found only a few droppings, but in our bedside drawers, so clearly ones been poking around.

Last time the single mouse set up home behind my home theatre gear (amp/HTPC/speakers), and shit/pissed up a storm. Also pissed and shit on my laptop but luckily no damage done.

This time the traces of it are far less, though does amaze me that they can get into (and out of), such things as drawers. I think it's been using the roof to get around undetected for a few days (no doubt looking for food). Wifey left a museli bar on the table which it had a nibble of, as well as the chocolate rabbit.

We have our dog inside most of the time but she mustn't scare them enough.

It's only a tiny one (like last time), maybe the size of a thumb.
The method I explained I believe makes them dehydrated from the cement, they then crave a drink which will make their stomach stick like glue.

I've heard if mice indulge in soft drink it can be fatal for them?
I heard about this from a friend who told me about a friend that had a rat infestation!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just get a possum and it will sort them out.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw as much as we hate these critters if it weren't for human meddling they wouldn't thrive as the 2nd most populous mammals!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get a cat. But a real cat. Not my lazy cat.

Our next door neighbour has a mouse problem so he lays poison in the ceiling and under the house. Every so often my cat brings me a mouse and says, "look what I caught". When I pick it up it's stone cold dead for a long time and usually wet.

For the record, when you poison mice you'll often find them floating in water. The poison prevents them from absorbing water so they become massively dehydrated and end up drowning when trying to drink enough water to hydrate.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get a cat. But a real cat. Not my lazy cat.

Our next door neighbour has a mouse problem so he lays poison in the ceiling and under the house. Every so often my cat brings me a mouse and says, "look what I caught". When I pick it up it's stone cold dead for a long time and usually wet.

For the record, when you poison mice you'll often find them floating in water. The poison prevents them from absorbing water so they become massively dehydrated and end up drowning when trying to drink enough water to hydrate.
My girlfriend had a cat that killed a mouse and bird. She disowned the cat and from then on referred to it as a murderer lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have never seen a rat in real life.

True story.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just hate the idea the bastard could have literally crawled over me in my sleep, given it has clearly taken a tour of the master bedroom and main toilet, and yet somehow managed to remain completely hidden.

I actually wonder if it got up the aircon piping into the roof and arrived that way. Either that or its snuck in the dog door/open door or under a door somehow. Doubt it could fit in weepholes.

Seems strange we only seem to find one (hopefully) though.

Apparently they have super shit eyesight though (hence sticking to walls). Kinda makes me wonder how the hell they are finding their way in (unless it's just at a time the door is left open).

get one of these sticky pads glue board you can get from ebay. All the other traps and posions are absolutely useless.

they are banned in Australia cos they are considered "inhumane" so you wont get it from the local shop unless it is the $2 chinese shop.

View attachment 10067
Nah The Big Cheese rat baits work a treat. That's how the last one met it's demise.

Metal pail + capful of water + rat bait. I'm very accommodating.. free accommodation, free food and drink!

It got stuck in a bucket, this one the recycling bin (which up till late last night was empty - so only got in their this morning).

Just get a possum and it will sort them out.
Me to wife this morning "maybe we should just get a python and set it free in the backyard.... except I also dislike snakes.

My understanding is that the one I'm using is a rather toxic anti colagulant (sp?).

Mouse gets hungry, mouse eats bait. Mouse gets thirsty, mouse drinks and activates bait.

Shortly after every single mousey organ bleeds itself into it's mousey body cavity causing mass trauma and death.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 10067
Looks like an Indian pizza