News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll just be here waiting for RA to get reamed.
Any which way it's a long way off that happening. He still needs to go through the appeals process before he can sue. I'd say minimum we're looking at 6 months before we have a result. More likely it'll be a year or two.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While this is ongoing can Israel play any other sport ? Bulldogs should sign him. What do we have to lose ?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't think any other Australian sporting team will sign him up sadly. For that team, it won't be good for sponsorship. If I owned a rich club though and couldn't car less about sponsorship I'd throw everything at him - everything that is, except for Raelene Castle. Poor bloke wouldn't be able to walk after that.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything Aunty Raelene touches turns to shit.
She should go back to what she does best, which is putting the meat patty on the Big Mac burgers at Macca’s.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
While this is ongoing can Israel play any other sport ? Bulldogs should sign him. What do we have to lose ?
Pretty sure he can play other sports but the NRL already said that they won't register any contract for him 'cause they don't want to deal with the same shit RA is going through.

From memory I think their words were something like, "we won't accept any player who is against inclusiveness"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think any other Australian sporting team will sign him up sadly. For that team, it won't be good for sponsorship. If I owned a rich club though and couldn't car less about sponsorship I'd throw everything at him - everything that is, except for Raelene Castle. Poor bloke wouldn't be able to walk after that.
I often think the same thing but I understand where the sponsors come from. If you back a player that isn't popular then you have a decent chance that people will boycott your business.

It's just smart business to stay out of the politics of sport.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure he can play other sports but the NRL already said that they won't register any contract for him 'cause they don't want to deal with the same shit RA is going through.

From memory I think their words were something like, "we won't accept any player who is against inclusiveness"
Next minute "Roosters/Broncos sign Israel Folau on a $2 million a year contract".

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Raelene has done nothing wrong in this situation

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hell no. Pun intended.

I don’t want that feeble minded walking PR nightmare anywhere near this club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Even French rugby clubs don’t want to touch him. The pea brained idiot has really backed himself into a corner. Maybe he can go play tiddlywinks for Westboro Baptist Church, or something.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Raelene has done nothing wrong in this situation
Except being the idiot who brought the whole thing up to begin with. If she kept her mouth shut this wouldn't be a thing!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Except being the idiot who brought the whole thing up to begin with. If she kept her mouth shut this wouldn't be a thing!
She didn't start it. She was responding to fans threatening to boycott the game and sponsors threatening to withdraw.

Wahesh

Reaction score
She didn't start it. She was responding to fans threatening to boycott the game and sponsors threatening to withdraw.
She handled it the worst way possible. She could have reprimanded him, have him stood down from the Wallabies, even suspended. The fact that it's dragged on this much has made it worse for RA. Look at how much money it's cost them.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I really don't like the argument people are using about gay kids feeling bad about themselves because Israel Folau is offending them by saying 'mean things' about gay people.

If you run this argument to it's end, it means that any time that anyone feels offended or sad because someone said something they didn't like - they have the right to shut that person up and also have them sacked.

It's ridiculous.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I really don't like the argument people are using about gay kids feeling bad about themselves because Israel Folau is offending them by saying 'mean things' about gay people.

If you run this argument to it's end, it means that any time that anyone feels offended or sad because someone said something they didn't like - they have the right to shut that person up and also have them sacked.

It's ridiculous.
What's worse is that these idiots who get their precious feelings hurt is that they don't know that Israel LOVES THEM and he wants them to repent so they don't go to hell. It's like someone saying "do this and this will happen" and because they didn't like hearing that, they're complaining.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It's ridiculous.
I completely agree on that aspect. I strongly support free speech and couldn't really care if people get offended to be honest.

That said, there are repercussions. Folau offended people which will result in Rugby Australia losing money through a loss of fans and sponsors. That's why I support Rugby Australia sacking him. What he did wasn't evil or anything, it was just stupid and harmful to the business.

I would expect the same to happen to me if I was a representative of my company and I pissed a lot of people off and ended up costing the company money.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's worse is that these idiots who get their precious feelings hurt is that they don't know that Israel LOVES THEM and he wants them to repent so they don't go to hell. It's like someone saying "do this and this will happen" and because they didn't like hearing that, they're complaining.
Honestly I've been telling people to sacrifice a goat to Odin for years and they get offended. I'm just doing it because I want them to live on in Valhalla but instead of a "thank you" I get "You're crazy" and "Why are you standing outside my window staring at me?"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I completely agree on that aspect. I strongly support free speech and couldn't really care if people get offended to be honest.

That said, there are repercussions. Folau offended people which will result in Rugby Australia losing money through a loss of fans and sponsors. That's why I support Rugby Australia sacking him. What he did wasn't evil or anything, it was just stupid and harmful to the business.

I would expect the same to happen to me if I was a representative of my company and I pissed a lot of people off and ended up costing the company money.
With the exception of Qantas (who in my opinion is run by a hard left activist), I don't think RA stood to lose any money from Folau's twitter post.

I really doubt parents or fans would stop their kids playing or would have stopped going to games just because of some cyber comments.

I think Rugby Australia's bigger problem is the awful state of rugby competition in Australia and why 99% of Australian's dont give two shits about their national rugby team anymore.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
72 hour window for appeal has now passed.

I should add to avoid confusion , he does, of course have the ability to take matters to Courr..

Status
Not open for further replies.