Pay axes 3 stars...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that's the million dollar question, Why don't we have players, We have a rich well run Leagues club, we are supposed to be competing in the best run nrl competition in the world and we are fielding a second grade team, Well we all know the answer - ( Salary Cap ) Are we that Stupid, That With all the money our club generates we can't hire some clever accountants & lawyers to find a way out of this mess why do we seem to be the only Idiot, honest club in the league' when teams like the Roosters are openly flaunting the system & Laughing at us.
the problem is, the Roosters arent scrutinised like we are ...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To bring him back this quick and originally in place of Ogden. That's too suspect.
i agree, also Toomaga should be in front of Sue in the pecking order..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Master stroke by pay,okunbor will compress when he should slide and montoya will slide when he should compress problem solved lol.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya and Okunbor on the same edge??..............I wonder where ponga will direct the newcastle attack lol
Ponga only ever attacks the one side of the field and thats the oppositions right side. Thankfully for us thats hoppas and smiths side. Ponga is actually very predictable.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ponga only ever attacks the one side of the field and thats the oppositions right side. Thankfully for us thats hoppas and smiths side. Ponga is actually very predictable.
We will see I guess

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Master stroke by pay,okunbor will compress when he should slide and montoya will slide when he should compress problem solved lol.
Your right Pay is a genius lol. He knows better than everyone else.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay out with early pay out. Bring back Desball.
i dont know if you are trying to be funny with your desball comment, but its just not funny

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is not true.
You and others have said this, but it's wrong.

Josh & Brett offerred the club a package deal beyond 2018.
And guess what the club's reason for not taking them up on it was.
1. Salary cap....no room.
2. 2 years asked by the brothers.

IT WAS THE CLUB'S DECISION!!!!
The club wanted to sign Josh and not Brett. So Josh decided to sign elsewhere which he’s allowed to do. So it’s not wrong that he chose to sign else where.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To bring him back this quick and originally in place of Ogden. That's too suspect.
I agree that Ogden should not make way for him, but changes were needed, so I will judge him after he flops on the weekend. Or not.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im totally fine with Foran for Lewis
im ok with Martin getting dropped if hes not committed (coming late to training)..
Im even ok with Montoya for Holland (Montoya has been really strong in every CCC cup game ive watched)..
Im not ok with Ogden getting dropped (even if he is now reinstated)
and im not ok with Sue getting preference over Toomaga (and initially Ogden)..

My Concern with Pay is, with every good decision he makes, he makes a bad one.. And his good decision seemed to be delayed, almost like its a result of pressure that he has finally made the right call..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not ok with Ogden getting dropped (even if he is now reinstated)
and im not ok with Sue getting preference over Toomaga (and initially Ogden)..
That's the key bit and with what we already had in the forwards I just couldn't understand the sue signing in the first place

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the key bit and with what we already had in the forwards I just couldn't understand the sue signing in the first place
exactly, why not spend that money on an outside back, that we are desperately in need of..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not arguing but what outside backs were available, id like to know aswell. For around the $150 - $200k mark.
not sure to be quite honest .. but regardless of what oustide backs were available, our forward stocks were good .. i would have been happy for them to try and get a promising centre from CCC/QLD cup even ..

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not arguing but what outside backs were available, id like to know aswell. For around the $150 - $200k mark.
Just guessing cos i dont know the situation. The moz boys claimed they are on low pay. May be one of them could have been.persuaded to stay?
Raiders have done well with nicoll klokstad. He couldnt get a regular gig at warriors so probably wouldnt have asked much.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just guessing cos i dont know the situation. The moz boys claimed they are on low pay. May be one of them could have been.persuaded to stay?
Raiders have done well with nicoll klokstad. He couldnt get a regular gig at warriors so probably wouldnt have asked much.
Wouldve loved to get Klokstad, reminds me alot of Tedesco.
We didnt have the money to keep the Morris boys for the years they wanted to stay on at. If we lost Klemmer earlier in the year I reckon we could have had more chance of locking them up or signing someone of better value.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Low pay" (whatever that is) for 2 years, we offered "decent pay" for 1 year. I don't believe for 1 second that either of them are playing for less over 2 seasons than we offered for 1 season. That would be just plain stupid.