Official Round 8 - Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Desdemort will revert back to Desball with 3/4 of his spine out.

Expect an arm wrestle with Manly completing their sets.
Remember when he played T Rex at 5/8th? This will be one of those games where they play conservative and try to capitalise on our mistakes.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it was there forward pack that did all the damage.. Tapau, Waddell and Fainu destroyed the raiders
That Fainu is a freak and had spiders on him
Throw in tapau, Jake turbo and now fonua Blake
Plus the emergence of corey Waddell and Thompson in fine form
They should be favourites not us

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would give Foran and Napa another week, pretty confident with DCE and turbo out, Doggies to grind it out.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if Nu Brown is part of the smoke and Mirrors too as JMK can play the 80.

1.Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. William Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
19. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Harawira-Neara
13. Rhyse Martin

15. Danny Fualalo
16. Adam Elliott
22. Renouf To'omaga
23. Dylan Napa
I would prefer this team over brown on the bench.
I think we can cover hooker if jmk needs a little break.
Manlys forwards are really big and strong so carrying 4 forwards on the bench makes more sense.
I hope this is the team that runs out on Saturday, it would be out strongest possible lineup

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are saying Cogger at #14 when Foran comes back? The guy can only play in the halves, he cannot cover any other position in the backline without being exposed massively in defence and attack... people saying play him at hooker lol he's the last person I'd want in the middle tackling the big boys.
Totally agree.
If anything we should have another forward on the bench against this manly pack

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ll need 4 forwards on the bench against Manly. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Lichaa and Brown miss out. Bench for this week should be Fualolo, Elliott, To’omaga, Napa.

If JMK gets tired towards to end, just throw Tolman at dummy half for the last 5-10 mins.
Agree
I think we need 4 forwards on the bench this week.
Jmk is lasting longer and longer on the field each week so he should be good to go 80 minutes by now.
We have plenty of cover for dh if jmk needs a little breather

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon you're pretty much spot on Spoonman. I hope thats the team
Foran had surgery and was diagnosed with a 3 month injury recovery period. No chance his recover will be cut by 10 weeks and be online with Napa who had a far lesser version that didn’t require surgery. Just no chance in the world. Will be a medical Miracle if so.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree
I think we need 4 forwards on the bench this week.
Jmk is lasting longer and longer on the field each week so he should be good to go 80 minutes by now.
We have plenty of cover for dh if jmk needs a little breather
If Napa doesn’t Play Toomaga will. Bench will be:

14. Nu Brown
15. Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Ogden or If Napa doesn’t play Toomaga

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes play him. If his ready his ready. If the surgeon gives the all clear and his ankle recovers well after training then why wait. We need him back on deck fuck waiting another week if his ready theres no reason not to play him. We need our best 17 out there to string some wins together and push for the top 8. Our spine needs to start working on there combos. Hopefully Foran plays this week and doesn't miss another game for the rest of the season.

Its time to think big. No more feeling sorry for ourselves. Play both napa and foran this week. Build some combos and get our spine clicking into gear. Lets sneak into the 8 and give the finals series a real shake. Only way to do that is having foran fit and firing.
Doubt he'll be ready this week anyway

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Napa doesn’t Play Toomaga will. Bench will be:

14. Nu Brown
15. Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Ogden or If Napa doesn’t play Toomaga
I just think imo if napa plays then we should have toomaga on the bench instead of brown, if napa doesn't play then I guess brown would have to be on the bench

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN to have another massive game, cogger to keep improving and combining with our prince.. Remis to get some space unleash that speed.. and Meaney to keep up a great performance.. in fact all the boys to compete for the full 80 and make us proud again, giving us our first back to back wins of 2019!!

Go Doggies :innocent:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we really want foz returning this week playing on that shitty ground. Give him one more week at least.
Well the next round after this could be just as bad as it is the stupid Magic Round where all 8 games are going to be played at Suncorp. That ground gets torn up after one game, it is going to be full of divots after several games. We play 4th, I'd hate to be the Sunday games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.