Official Round 8 - Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah, he doesn't. That's one of our issues. Each time Manly scored on the right wing, Lewis was nowhere to be seen. I think he goes hunting for tackles and leaves his other players high and dry.
Don’t know what game you were watching, he’s inside Holland on both tries, and on the second one actually slides across and ends up tackling the try scorer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's as simple as us lacking direction. Meaney isn't talking to direct defence from the back, and Cogger/Lewis can't organise either.

But in saying that we are a young side. With a handful of games together with the same lineup.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace Okunbor and Holland with Katoa and Harper. Surely they can’t be any worse.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t know what game you were watching, he’s inside Holland on both tries, and on the second one actually slides across and ends up tackling the try scorer.
On the first try he ran inside Holland, on the second try he was outside Holland. Holland was bunched up with the other players near the posts.

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the majority of the blame is on Okunber but why are we so compressed?
I've noticed this ever since Okunber has debuted and always watched with anxiety. Doesn't look hard to get around especially on the first few tackles

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the majority of the blame is on Okunber but why are we so compressed?
I've noticed this ever since Okunber has debuted and always watched with anxiety. Doesn't look hard to get around especially on the first few tackles
Yup, too compressed on left all the time
Every time he touches the ball I shudder waiting for a knock on
Good thing is you can fix handling skills and misreads in defence
Bad news how long will that take

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do we barely use meaney in a back line play ? When hoppa was back there they ran the casual sweeper play. since then I don’t see much of meaney in attack, credit to the young bloke but he needs to adjust his game especially with his support play. He needs to be there for the offloads around the tired ruck. We are so one dimensional and predictable I could tell what they’re going to do from yonks away.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost a game that was easily winnable. The refereeing was again attrocious. When our forwards got us rolling Perenara halted them with piggyback penalty after piggyback penalty. The penalties slowed down for a while until we got within 6 points, then they were gifted two kicks in front.

My worst gripe is the forward passes that weren't picked up. In the first 7 minutes of the second half I saw 4. And the penalty where Smith or hoppa jostled while chasing the kick was on the back of a forward pass to the kicker. Almost every penalty we got was on the first tackle from deep in our half. Almost every penalty manly got was late in the tackle count when it was hugely beneficial. Sadly we haven't gotten a beneficial refereeing decision all season unless we're already out of the game.

Having said all that, we had plenty of chances. Our finishing options are just poor at times. Cogger is looking good, but Lewis was poor tonight. I do like his spirit, but he made some poor decisions. I think he's feeling some pressure and it's showing in his performance. Holland threw a few terrible passes and seems frustrated too. JMK is going well and I'd be happy with him playing 80. For all the good things Okunbor does, he has some shocking errors in him. Our defence out wide needs plenty of work. All considered if we were able to get repeat sets we might trouble more sides. But right now the inexperience of our spine is killing us. It's turning into a long season as a fan.
The refs have had it in for us since Bad Friday... they've clearly held a grudge based on the way our players treated Sutton during the game and specifically against the Dogs fans for the projectiles that ensued after the game that resulted in the golden boy Sutton slipping and dislocating his shoulder....

It's no surprise why we cop it every single game based on the Suttons position in the reffing circles...

Will take a fresh generation of refs to see any change in the way our games are officiated.

So sick of seeing the only penalties awarded to us being useless, early in tackle count, in the corner deep in our own half, in the final seconds of the match when the game is out of reach... all just even ups to avoid post match suspicion of a lop sided penalty count.

Every game the exact same story.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The refs have had it in for us since Bad Friday... they've clearly held a grudge based on the way our players treated Sutton during the game and specifically against the Dogs fans for the projectiles that ensued after the game that resulted in the golden boy Sutton slipping and dislocating his shoulder....

It's no surprise why we cop it every single game based on the Suttons position in the reffing circles...

Will take a fresh generation of refs to see any change in the way our games are officiated.

So sick of seeing the only penalties awarded to us being useless, early in tackle count, in the corner deep in our own half, in the final seconds of the match when the game is out of reach... all just even ups to avoid post match suspicion of a lop sided penalty count.

Every game the exact same story.
Yeah and it's only a matter of time before fans and players snap and they cop it again. I am sick of these shit decisions our players and our dumb coach need to let them know we ain't going to take there shit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Clear direction around the park by the halves seems missing..especially when Foran’s not there..they are certainly willing..they just don’t have the skill set yet.. As for defence..sheesh..so compressed you could drive a truck down the sideline and it’d be untouched.. I think a side like this needs precise coaching..everything thing laid out for em..Pay needs to do some homework..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clear direction around the park by the halves seems missing..especially when Foran’s not there..they are certainly willing..they just don’t have the skill set yet.. As for defence..sheesh..so compressed you could drive a truck down the sideline and it’d be untouched.. I think a side like this needs precise coaching..everything thing laid out for em..Pay needs to do some homework..
Yet our board signed him for next year. He should have been sacked at the end of this year IMO.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet our board signed him for next year. He should have been sacked at the end of this year IMO.
Who’s going to come in and take over this rabble? We had more experienced coaches then Pay reject the job because of our salary position. We just have to be patient and ride out the rebuild. Seriously we are just lacking the finishing touches in attack and some poor reads in defence. If CHN scores instead of knocking on over the line and Okunbor doesn’t run in on defence we probably win last night. It’s those 1% plays that’s fucking us.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its career suicide or purely for a pay cheque if anyone wanted to coach this team in the next year or two.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who’s going to come in and take over this rabble? We had more experienced coaches then Pay reject the job because of our salary position. We just have to be patient and ride out the rebuild. Seriously we are just lacking the finishing touches in attack and some poor reads in defence. If CHN scores instead of knocking on over the line and Okunbor doesn’t run in on defence we probably win last night. It’s those 1% plays that’s fucking us.
Someone who knows how to coach and is not an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.