Where does Lewis Belong ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The kids barely new to NRL and people already attacking him....

He isn't bad playing enough to be dropped and I think he will only get better and be a long term solution.

He's only going to get better in attack and his game management will improve with the more NRL he plays. Give him time he is a future star IMO
Yeah mate but you can't say he's barely new to nrl and want to baby him when he openly puts extra pressure on himself with more media than he deserves at this present time. That has built the hype, pressure and expectation. Guess that comes with being Wallys relative.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did Lockyer in his 1st test. How is that any comparisons to Lewis making 4 or 5 errors a game with shit passes or shit reserve grade plays. I'm saying is if this was the old days when we would have depth he would have had a 3 game stink in reserve.
He does more good than bad, I don’t think he’d get dropped based upon any of his games this year. Would’ve JT got dropped last year during his poor run of form? Would Mitchell Pearce get dropped based upon his form for the knights this year? No and No are the simple answers.

Lewis is by far one of the best young half’s around and will only get better. All the great half’s who commentate only ever praise him. If they see good in him their opinions hold a little more weight than yours.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He does more good than bad, I don’t think he’d get dropped based upon any of his games this year. Would’ve JT got dropped last year during his poor run of form? Would Mitchell Pearce get dropped based upon his form for the knights this year? No and No are the simple answers.

Lewis is by far one of the best young half’s around and will only get better. All the great half’s who commentate only ever praise him. If they see good in him their opinions hold a little more weight than yours.
It’s funny you mention JT because at the same stage of his career where Lewis is now he was always in and out of first grade....

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he had taken a few different options we would be singing his praises after the game. He will learn from it. Comparing him to gifted footy players that always seem to take the right option like a JT is unfair. Someone like Copper Cronk was not a natural he was developed. Lets give the kid the chance to grow into his role with the team, if he is not developing and we have better options in below grades sure we can talk about it. But his best position for the Dogs currently is in the Halves. Much can change in a few weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He did plenty of good things last year. Some of you have short memories, tbh.
I don't have a short memory at all considering I was one of the first posters to mention him on here well before he was sighted in first grade and the fap fest around him started lol.

He doesn't skip across defenders to create space, he doesn't step to beat defenders, etc. He plays off momentum and he can move the ball to space for others to create.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm just saying he has been underwhelming and has a shitload to work on before people start claiming he's going to be our next superstar. Meaney for example has been far more impressive than Lewis imo and I'm far more confident in trusting him with a long-term position in the spine than with Lewis ATM.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see anything atm with him. He looks pedestrian and just really a catch and pass guy. Oh..and the timely waited kicks which has no bloody bearing on the game.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that the club need a halves coach. Both halves would benefit a lot more by being coached by someone who played in the same position, rather than a forward.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't have a short memory at all considering I was one of the first posters to mention him on here well before he was sighted in first grade and the fap fest around him started lol.

He doesn't skip across defenders to create space, he doesn't step to beat defenders, etc. He plays off momentum and he can move the ball to space for others to create.

I'm not saying he's shit, I'm just saying he has been underwhelming and has a shitload to work on before people start claiming he's going to be our next superstar. Meaney for example has been far more impressive than Lewis imo and I'm far more confident in trusting him with a long-term position in the spine than with Lewis ATM.
I was calling for him early on too

Just for the record

Lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

All missing the point. My argument is he needs to work on a few things . In the past a kid gets a run in 1st grade than They may give him a break to work on a few things in a less intense environment. 1st grade normally (unless your a rebuilding club with no back up) isn't the place to build confidence or work on your game. He plays like s park footballer. Not saying is shit standard but he plays like every touch has to be a difference or a major play instead to learning to build pressure to work on straightening the attack and creating the over lap instead of forcing the play. It was in Reggies a bit. We had 2 better players at the time for him to learn and work on his game.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All missing the point. My argument is he needs to work on a few things . In the past a kid gets a run in 1st grade than They may give him a break to work on a few things in a less intense environment. 1st grade normally (unless your a rebuilding club with no back up) isn't the place to build confidence or work on your game. He plays like s park footballer. Not saying is shit standard but he plays like every touch has to be a difference or a major play instead to learning to build pressure to work on straightening the attack and creating the over lap instead of forcing the play. It was in Reggies a bit. We had 2 better players at the time for him to learn and work on his game.
Lewis just needs Foran back asap... poor kid has had a shit apprenticeship thus far which says a lot about him. He needs help in game management and Foran was always going to be his long awaited mentor. Lewis is NRL level all day everyday playing with the youngest spine in NRL history.. Whilst winning games.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I know is that the club need a halves coach. Both halves would benefit a lot more by being coached by someone who played in the same position, rather than a forward.
Shifty would be brilliant...

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Do you consider at all that the what 15 game veteran is trying to direct around the youngest spine in NRL and probably ARL history ??

Anyways his not Munster, we get that but I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is playing alongside him and Ponga in a future SOO series based in his footballing ability.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah mate but you can't say he's barely new to nrl and want to baby him when he openly puts extra pressure on himself with more media than he deserves at this present time. That has built the hype, pressure and expectation. Guess that comes with being Wallys relative.
16 NRL games. Veteran.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you consider at all that the what 15 game veteran is trying to direct around the youngest spine in NRL and probably ARL history ??

Anyways his not Munster, we get that but I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is playing alongside him and Ponga in a future SOO series based in his footballing ability.
Footballing ability? What footballing ability as a half does he apparently have? He has never been a great ball runner, ball player or game manager, so what is it exactly that stands out so much? So many of you are getting way ahead of yourselves thinking Lewis is going to magically add things to his game just because his temperament.

His age is completely irrelevant to me, I only care about his skillset and in this moment it is well below where it needs to be. Our forwards are ball playing better than him ATM, he has a loooooong way to go.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Footballing ability? What footballing ability as a half does he apparently have? He has never been a great ball runner, ball player or game manager, so what is it exactly that stands out so much? So many of you are getting way ahead of yourselves thinking Lewis is going to magically add things to his game just because his temperament.

His age is completely irrelevant to me, I only care about his skillset and in this moment it is well below where it needs to be. Our forwards are ball playing better than him ATM, he has a loooooong way to go.
At this moment?? his 16 games old hahahahah!

Ash taylor has the best skillset out of all the young halves.... Where is he without the heart of footballer bud?

And by the way yesterday he threw his first show and go and split the line.... Consider that an addition to his bag of tricks. In saying that he needs to work on his offload.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At this moment?? his 16 games old hahahahah!

Ash taylor has the best skillset out of all the young halves.... Where is he without the heart of footballer bud?

And by the way yesterday he threw his first show and go and split the line.... Consider that an addition to his bag of tricks.
And like I said games are irrelevant here, skillset is what interests me. Just because he is inexperienced it doesn't mean he's suddenly going to expand his skillset with more experience to a top tier half. Logically you get better with time, but he's starting from such a low point in comparison to other halves.

Did you see some of the ball playing Wakeham did today? I don't even see Lewis attempting things like that and barely sighted in the lower grades over the years. These are things I'm interested in. No interested in having another Reynolds and thinking his temperament and competitive nature will make up the gap in his deficiencies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And like I said games are irrelevant here, skillset is what interests me. Just because he is inexperienced it doesn't mean he's suddenly going to expand his skillset with more experience to a top tier half. Logically you get better with time, but he's starting from such a low point in comparison to other halves.

Did you see some of the ball playing Wakeham did today? I don't even see Lewis attempting things like that and barely sighted in the lower grades over the years. These are things I'm interested in. No interested in having another Reynolds and thinking his temperament and competitive nature will make up the gap in his deficiencies.
To be fair comparing Cup and NRL is apples and bananas

Warriors were the opposition too and Kata is the worst defensive centre o have ever seen

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Did you see some of the ball playing Wakeham did today? I don't even see Lewis attempting things like that and barely sighted in the lower grades over the years. These are things I'm interested in. No interested in having another Reynolds and thinking his temperament and competitive nature will make up the gap.
I do understand where your coming from but personally I'm happy with what he offers. See for me the attacking workload should be shared across the park just like all aspects of a footy game, don't have to rely on one player to create the magic.

One thing I cant deny is having the best defensive half in the game... Look at other teams in the comp, losing games because of their multiskilled electric halves who cant d.

As for Wakeman, he needs this yr and maybe next to see FG. He has always looked the goods on shift plays and doesn't mind getting involved but still very raw.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to be in the team.
We have cap issues and when the time comes we can add quality again, then Lewis, Smith, Okunbor, Meaney, Napa, Ogden, CHN, Martin and of course Jackson (and hoping Harper) will provide a great basis.
By then I believe he’ll make a great ball playing lock who can slot into centre or 5/8 during a game should injury arise.
For now, leave the kid alone to develop as a footballer. He will be worth it.