Suck it up

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Everyone’s in meltdown we are wooden spooners, Pay is shit team is shit the club sucks blah blah blah blah.............
Just suck it up and move on, we had probably the worst game in NRL history,
Never seen so many dropped balls and team looked like actual kids playing, in saying that Hopa is the oldest at 26.

All I’m saying is that we will bounce back we still have Foran and Napa to come back and I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat the rabbits.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sooooo supporters are shit too? Lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that’s all we can do lol, weather we express our disappointment or not we have to sit back an take it, bide our time .. But it’s a horrible wait none the less!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is that people set their expectations far too high for this team.. with Napa and Foran we have a chance of creating some upsets, without them you need to accept inconsistent performances from a bunch of kids..

The club has stated on a number of occasions that our cap is dire for the next 2 years, but yet people continue to be unrealistic with their expectations ..

The experts expect us to get the spoon..

Im not sure why people are so surprised ..

Yesterday was a perfect example of young kids getting ahead of themselves and reading their own headlines .. its great that some of those kids come crashing back down to earth..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The problem is that people set their expectations far too high for this team.. with Napa and Foran we have a chance of creating some upsets, without them you need to accept inconsistent performances from a bunch of kids..

The club has stated on a number of occasions that our cap is dire for the next 2 years, but yet people continue to be unrealistic with their expectations ..

Im not sure why people are so surprised ..

Yesterday was a perfect example of young kids getting ahead of themselves and reading their own headlines .. its great that some of those kids come crashing back down to earth..
Well said.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yep, you will get this with team of rookies.

Diamonds one week, putrid shit the next.

Game against the Storm was no fluke, we literally gifted 4 try to Dragons last night. We are down two main and key players to our team due to injuries.

We may not win on Friday but i am sure we will give rabbits the run for their money.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
The problem is, we're having too many off days.
It makes it easier when you're realistic and accept this team is not top 8 material.
We can only hope it's a slight improvement from last year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
yep, you will get this with team of rookies.

Diamonds one week, putrid shit the next.

Game against the Storm was no fluke, we literally gifted 4 try to Dragons last night. We are down two main and key players to our team due to injuries.

We may not win on Friday but i am sure we will give rabbits the run for their money.
I agree .

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im not sure my people are so surprised ..

How funny was it during pre season when some were claiming we'll make top 4.... if we can dig in and finish off like last year would be good. This team is probably the worst on paper but with some pride and determination I think we could manage 12th again.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always the problem with young teams is the mental side of it. They will not be able to get up for 25 weeks. Won’t happen. No team can be up for 25 weeks. The difference is when teams are “off” they still manage to scrap a win when playing shit.

The challenge for Pay is to get some form of consistency. At the moment when we’re on we’re quite good (Melbourne and Tigers). When we’re off we’re very very bad (Warriors and Dragons). The challenge for Pay is to find that consistent level and reduce the gap between good and shit.

Us supporters need to be patient. Games like the Warriors and Dragons will be happening frequently over this year and next. It’s going to be shit. But going through the lean years will make it that much sweeter when we become a powerhouse again in 2-5 years time.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How funny was it during pre season when some were claiming we'll make top 4.... if we can dig in and finish off like last year would be good. This team is probably the worst on paper but with some pride and determination I think we could manage 12th again.

based on last years performance (last 5 games) and the addition of Nappa and Foran coming back from injury (both injured now), this roster can easily make the 8 if all are fit and firing.

we saw the proof of that in the game against the storm in Melbourne.

This team is not the worst, 2008 team was the worst when Fred Briggs and Jarred Hickey were the leaders of our pack.

This is a far better team than 2008 and i still believe we will make the 8.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
based on last years performance (last 5 games) and the addition of Nappa and Foran coming back from injury (both injured now), this roster can easily make the 8 if all are fit and firing.

we saw the proof of that in the game against the storm in Melbourne.

This team is not the worst, 2008 team was the worst when Fred Briggs and Jarred Hickey were the leaders of our pack.

This is a far better team than 2008 and i still believe we will make the 8.
You can compare this side to previous bulldog teams but you really need to compare it to current opposition teams.
Which current NRL team has a shitter roster than the bulldogs?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can compare this side to previous bulldog teams but you really need to compare it to current opposition teams.

we had very ordinary roster back in 2012 too, half of the 2012 team was playing the NSW cup in 2011.

yes we have the least experienced roster on paper in the comp, but they are still capable of beating top teams on our day, just liike we almost did Melbourne in their own back yard.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
16th was my prediction before the season started
I have tipped against us every game so far this season .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The difference in attitude between last round and Sunday proves its a psychological mind set thing so its fixable, this team CAN play good and we have time to save the season while its early.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had very ordinary roster back in 2012 too, half of the 2012 team was playing the NSW cup in 2011.

yes we have the least experienced roster on paper in the comp, but they are still capable of beating top teams on our day, just liike we almost did Melbourne in their own back yard.
No doubt we can jag some wins and compete hard. But its common sense that when 2 teams go against each other and both are on and firing, the team with the better players are going to win.
Look what happened when warriors, parra and dragons come out firing....
Our roster is one which relies on other teams not playing so well on the day because in reality we will leak at least 3-4 tries on the edges against most well drilled teams and you can't win many games doing that

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Compare our side to St Merge, look at the quality of players and experience. IMHO, a 20 point loss was what should've happened. We didn't turn up and they did, hence it was 36 points. Of course I hoped St Merge would fuck up and through the match away and we would turn up again like against the Strom...but that was hope.

Next week, if Souffs don't put at least 30 on us over and above what we manage to score, they'll have had a shocker.