Plenty Of Positives

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's great to see the team bounce back today after a horrid start to the season. The effort and pride the team played with most of last season disappeared the first few weeks but it was back today.

Meaney looked lively and offers speed from the back which will open things up. Okunbur ran the ball well and could have done better with Fonua's try but he had a great debut and looked comfortable.

Napa was great and had his most complete game so far. Great signs there... CHN was our best player the first half..

JMK did really well for his stint... Foran was great today even though he looks like he'll break any second. Haha. Lewis did some good things and bad things..

Martin solidified things and proved he belongs to start.. Even the rotations of the props was better..

This is what happens when changes are made and players are played in position. Pay will have a lot less of us doubting him if he makes good decisions like those today...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only negative from today was Holland. Masters is a great player but Holland did nothing in attack and was given a bath all day in defence. He certainly didn't back up his words before the game..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won! It is positive, only up from here boys.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh todays combination of players seems to be a lot better than rounds 1 & 2. I see pay rewarding the players by replacing nobody this week, but they will get a massive test next week vs Storm

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Wouldn’t progress with Holland long term. Deffs would be investing in a young Dogs centre or purchasing a quality centre

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We beat a team that’s undefeated.
Next game is also a team that’s undefeated will see what happens.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Only negatives:
- CHN injury?!
- Holland's defence... though he was against solid attackers but still..
- Lichaa

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side looked much stronger and more balanced with size and speed, Okunbar and Meaney exellant debuts.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only negative from today was Holland. Masters is a great player but Holland did nothing in attack and was given a bath all day in defence. He certainly didn't back up his words before the game..
For me Lewis had an absolutely terrible game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The major “positive” is that dean gay should never listen to himself ever again and just be a puppet coach listen to people much more intectully suitable for the head coach role.
Probably killed him putting rhyse Martin back in the team.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt say so. The wind at the ground was absolutely woeful. Defensively he was good. Set up sum nice plays.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had three offloads and four tackle breaks. Still an altogether unsatisfactory performance.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I thought he was good. Took the line on a few times to keep em guessing. Drop-kicked 70+ metres that pulled us out of early pressure. He may have shanked a kick or two, but the only other thing I remember is the ref getting in his way when he otherwise would have created a line break.