Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love my 29 year old wingers, excellent for a rebuild.. If Oates isn't possible to get tho no other options I guess, good times..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hell yeah.. sign him up..

Surely the garlic chicken kebabs will get the deal over the line..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love my 29 year old wingers, excellent for a rebuild.. If Oates isn't possible to get tho no other options I guess, good times..
I didn't think he was that old until you mentioned it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course he did. Do you think it’s possible to beat a team like Qld if the halves don’t contribute? He also wasn’t too far off the dally m in 2012. You’re talking straight up shit, mate.

Mate other clubs are still laughing at us carrying on like he is a club legend.
The fans embaressed us on the hill when the was on there shoulders.

The bloke is a tigers reserve grader.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here, the guy in everyone’s lips.

Everyone on this forum is in agreeance that centre is a weak point for this team atm.

I personally feel Hoppa is a decent choice for centre to partner Holland, but if we are serious about being a contender in 2020, or even this year we absolutely need a strike weapon in the centre three quarter position. Hoppa will be ok, just ok, but all our team is simply ‘ok’ and every team, let alone a successful one, needs a few strike weapons to offset their ok players. Most teams carry a few weapons, a few ok ones and 1 or 2 rookies or duds. Whereas we have 80% ok players and 30% rookie/duds. Our ceiling is for potential is low.

It is too much pressure to ask Holland to do it all by himself in the backline.

My question is who can we target in this key strike position? I can’t find a list of off contract players for next year so I’ll go with another angle.

Let’s look at teams that have depth in the centres and look to get a piece of that action.

Teams with a surplus of backs will both let a good experienced player leave knowing they have junior talent coming up, or likewise let a young gun go knowing they have a solid centre pairing already and not to restrict them.

I personally prefer some experience as we are full of rookies.

Off the top of my head;

Parra- they have an ageing roster and I feel we could nab Jennings, if we want him!? Discuss.

Souths- last year they had two first grade teams worth of backs, but I have a feeling other teams swooped in and they aren’t as solid this year.

St George- before last night they had Lomax, dufty and Aitken battling out for two spots. Widdop is injures so that may have settled that unfortunately, if not and Widdop is back soon, we must throw the book at Lomax, big and strong and rising, he is exactly what we need! Wouldn’t mind aitken either for his attack.

Penrith - they always have a few strike weapons on the periphery.

Anyone else have some ideas?
Nasheed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Too much pressure to ask Holland to do it by himself ? I hope by that comment you aren't suggesting Holland is a good rugby league player

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lomax/Manu/Stagss would be good. However someone like Whare would be excellent, good defender with great hands, not selfish and would provide Smith with plenty of opportunity.
3. Whare
4. Cotric
Would be a very reliable pairing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lomax/Manu/Stagss would be good. However someone like Whare would be excellent, good defender with great hands, not selfish and would provide Smith with plenty of opportunity.
3. Whare
4. Cotric
Would be a very reliable pairing
You speak the truth but I feel we need a genuine marquee there (I think Lax qualifies because you can see he has that natural size and skill like diet SBW and is on the up). Failing that, someone who is an attack weapon. I’m hesitant on Whare because he’s decent and would slot in but not a significant upgrade and is starting to get old.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi, K E here in case you missed the user name just slightly above this post. The guy in everyone's mouth.

Pointing out the obvious that not only do we need decent centres, we need decent wingers as Smith is our only decent back. K E does not understand why we bought a poor man's Matt Utai as our only off season back. K E is very confused.

K E again in case you missed the user name, me pointing out in the first sentence and because I'm writing my post like a letter.

Kind regards, K E again.

This post was proudly brought to you by K E and McLean's. K E, the guy with the beard. McLean's, are your McLean's showing?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi, K E here in case you missed the user name just slightly above this post. The guy in everyone's mouth.

Pointing out the obvious that not only do we need decent centres, we need decent wingers as Smith is our only decent back. K E does not understand why we bought a poor man's Matt Utai as our only off season back. K E is very confused.

K E again in case you missed the user name, me pointing out in the first sentence and because I'm writing my post like a letter.

Kind regards, K E again.

This post was proudly brought to you by K E and McLean's. K E, the guy with the beard. McLean's, are your McLean's showing?
Stop going overboard. My post wasn’t to tell people we need a centre, but to discuss who that centre should be.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop going overboard. My post wasn’t to tell people we need a centre, but to discuss who that centre should be.
29 March 2019

K E industries
Stating the obvious thread
The kennel, internet
World wide

Nasheed (I think? Didn't quite get it)
Stating the obvious thread
The kennel, internet
World wide

RE: Purchase of centre and pointing out your user name at the start and end of virtually every post.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Nasheed (I think?), it has been brought to our attention that we are in Dire need of backs, and not just a centre. We are deeply concerned about the lack of trys the above mentioned Bulldogs team may score and/or set up. We at K E Industries are of the belief that it needs to be addressed as soon as possible as are several hundreds if not thousands of other observers of Bulldogs games can agree on.

It is also been brought to our attention that you constantly feel the need to point out your user name several times in a post. Could you kindly explain why you feel the need to do so.

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter/post and look forward to your swift reply.

Yours faithfully,
K E of K E Industries

________K E___________

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So let’s look at a realistic team of 2020.
1 Meaney
2 reimis
3 LOMAX
4 Holland
6 Lewis
7 DYLAN BROWN
8 Tolman
9 JAMES ROBY
10 Napa big papi
11 Elliott
12 CnH
13 josh Jackson
-
14 Rhyse Martin
15 ENGLISH FORWARD
16 mariner
17 whoever

All of a sudden this looks like a quality team with just a few tweaks in recruitment.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is we lost games in the middle. Any backs and halves would look bad playing behind a pack that got dominated. If our forwards can give them space, i believe hoppa and holland can do a good job.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh shit my bad, I forgot that leading line break involvements make you the best center in the game and the previous season still counts for now
Yes your bad. As of two games ago he was the best attacking centre in the game. Kicks goals too and can fill in at hooker. What else do you want more from him? To jizz gold flakes on your popcorn during halftime?