Opinion What's up with Jackson??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis is playing the same.. its the makeup around him which is shit house and not making things easier for him.. disturbingly shit coaching.
I definitely agree that Lewis has been disappointing and had a poor start to the season but at least he's constantly trying and getting involved.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Like the title says, what gives?? Last year I was surprised he missed out on the first SOO, but give his form over the full season and the first two games of this year, plus the emergence of so many good backrowers, Jackson is now way down on the SOO pecking order. Even in my blue eyed opinion! His form is waaaaay down. Missing tackles that lead directly to trys, not running great lines, and having very little impact at all.

RFM was dropped to reserves. That's a long way from a starting position. Was he all that worse then Jackson?

I know it's not a great look to drop your captain, but he has been terrible these first two games. He had a missed tackle in both games that lead directly to trys. He really needs to lift his game!!!

Over to you. What do you think?
When you're standing in a defensive line and you don't know if the blokes either side of you are going to guard your inside and outside, then your ability to make an effective tackle is really reduced.

On top of that the pressure of being captain of a side that has fallen to pieces.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Like the title says, what gives?? Last year I was surprised he missed out on the first SOO, but give his form over the full season and the first two games of this year, plus the emergence of so many good backrowers, Jackson is now way down on the SOO pecking order. Even in my blue eyed opinion! His form is waaaaay down. Missing tackles that lead directly to trys, not running great lines, and having very little impact at all.

RFM was dropped to reserves. That's a long way from a starting position. Was he all that worse then Jackson?

I know it's not a great look to drop your captain, but he has been terrible these first two games. He had a missed tackle in both games that lead directly to trys. He really needs to lift his game!!!

He's never really run great lines...and he always runs at players not gaps...I truly believe he thinks he's bigger in size than he is...he looks even smaller now we've lost some size in our pack

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson got his contract bumped up to $750,000 a season and his form has been dragged down by mediocrity of our playing group.
If you are an A grade tennis player playing C grade midweek soon you are just a good C grader.
Too comfortable and low standards is Jackson's problem.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He started the same way last year, looked really off the pace but by the end of the year he was playing great, even on the edge. I do believe his best position is lock though definitely.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m tipping us to upset the tigers to be honest , got a feeling we might just pull off a miracle, how many times have you seen the team get all the press from
Fox sports saying McGuire
This and mbye and Marshall and Farah reviving praise and nothing but negative
Headline for us .. it’s our week . Please
Win lads

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m tipping us to upset the tigers to be honest , got a feeling we might just pull off a miracle, how many times have you seen the team get all the press from
Fox sports saying McGuire
This and mbye and Marshall and Farah reviving praise and nothing but negative
Headline for us .. it’s our week . Please
Win lads
I had that feeling last week against the Eels haha

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacko will come good soon enough he is a quality individual. For what it's worth I think he would really strengthen us in the middle at 13.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked really slick in the trial... He'll be back at his best in a couple of games

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget that Jacko had surgery on the shoulder in the off-season.
Oh and Lewis has recently welcomed a little one too

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I definitely agree that Lewis has been disappointing and had a poor start to the season but at least he's constantly trying and getting involved.
I will never diss a half that is constantly looking to create whilst the men around him are merely waiting for him to create. The players around any half need to give the half options in order for them to implement an attack. Once again shit coaching.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackos form matches the team at the moment, he can’t do much with what he is working with.. but he will come good as the season ticks on!! Always does, and he will return to his best sooner rather then later. Gotta love him..!!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop Foran for what? He did his job last game behind a beaten pack
People still don't realise that Foran's tackles on the weekend were way better than most other players in our team. he also managed to score a tricky try, which is something that montoya couldn't even do. Foran has looked the most experienced so far. Why would you drop him right

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My opinion...
1 The extra captains responsibilities in an ordinary team !
2 he is not suited to second-row anymore, move him to lock !
3 Having to do the extra defense is taking it toll !

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The amount of dickheads on the kennel who drill all past and present Canterbury captains is astonishing.

When you have these sort of dickheads spouting out shit on social media for the every media outlet who are on the lurk, its no wonder we are a targeted laughing stock

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
this is bad coaching playing these players out of position.
Pay is full of bad decisions.

Remember his first recruit was re signing Lichaa.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s face it, he’s the best player at the club and he is sick of carrying the load with the club going through so much BS.

He lost his Aus jumper and Origin jumper. Seems like he doesn’t give a fuk and is cashing the cheque’s with his next contract coming in England.

Can’t blame him either.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poor **** is playing on opposite side of field to what hes played the last 20 years. Has to learn to defend with opposite shoulders all over again. Same with every player that is playing out of position. To me it looks on jackos face that he does not agree with pays gameplan and could ya blame him.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit like Foran. Nowhere near the player he was. He just doesn’t threaten the line anymore. Honestly can’t see him playing rep footy again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The amount of dickheads on the kennel who drill all past and present Canterbury captains is astonishing.

When you have these sort of dickheads spouting out shit on social media for the every media outlet who are on the lurk, its no wonder we are a targeted laughing stock
Yes us posters should be more circumspect in our posts. TK is a very negative place atm ...not surprisingly but...

We bag everyone (probably justifiably) and then when the gossip hound press pick up a story off us, we flame them....we gave them the ammo!.

Constructive ideas, even criticism is warranted on a fan page but the abuse on here is over the top at times.

We want the players to show respect to the club and perform but we need to realise the negative damage to the club we can, and do, on here as well.

We are all concerned about the club and the new officials haven't made that much progress except for getting rid of players to help the salary cap.

Also I'd like to say, whilst I can't blame BMoz for airing his thoughts...they were legitimate. But lets not forget the players, including Brett, got way overs from the club and he only played 60%? of games for us and was looked after. It appears most of the players let go were on massive money that couldn't be either justified by their patchy performances, or fit within the sc. Simple maths would tell them they collectively created the problem. No good saying we didn't know if we were next to get shopped, when you know damn well you and your mates were asking too much and the club couldn't sustain the huge amounts of money.

Not blaming the players. It's human nature to get as much as your greedy manager can get for you. But when faced with reality, it's best for Brett and others to understand that they played a big part in our salary cap debacle. Ultimate responsibility with Dib/Des/Castle for letting good governance unravel though.

The good times will return for the Bulldogs but every single decision must be strategic and long term for the rebuild.