Dog gone? Why Dean Pay has six rounds to save his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
that wont happen if you make the team do an hour and 40 min opposed session the day before the game ..
Funny tho that the juniors they opposed won and weren't knocked up like fg!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can just see when you hear Pay speak, that he’s a simple man. Nothing wrong with that in life, but you need some kind of Aura when your a coach, or at least come across like you are extremely knowledgeable on the game , like Trent Robinson

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I guess we agree to disagree about how much he cares for the club. He played for plenty of clubs before us, another after and had coaching involvement at the Sharks and Raiders. He often referred to the Sharks as "us" when commentating, not something he's done with our club which isn't a problem to me at all. We're just a club in the long list he's been involved in.

How would I sum up the performances, probably something I'd expect from Parra, Tigers or Gold Coast not something I asscoiate with our proud club (which I have followed since the early 80's).
So what if he has had a long line of clubs? It’s a job, if your job sacked you, would you not get another job? And he won a premiership with the sharks it’s obviously going to mean a lot to him. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about our club. Steve price left to the warriors does that mean he doesn’t care about us also?
It’s the way the game is these days. If we were playing decent and he was being harsh fair enough. But as long as we getting pumped everyone is going to be talking.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ennis should put his money where his mouth is and coach this side himself seeing he seems to have all the answers.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I legit don't understand the losers on here sulking about Ennis saying we are hopeless. Do you think he is lying and we are doing well ? Or is it you just don't like Ennis being a big bully making fun of our little wittle bulldogs
Yes, he is not lying but there is a nasty undertone to the way he speaks about the club.....bitterness about the fact he did not get his two years with us comes through pretty loud and clear.

I reckon that come Round 6 we will still be winless with the potential to have a for and against that will not be pretty...... Steve Georgallis may very well be our caretaker coach second half of the year.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not defending Pay but it's very easy to be an armchair critic like Ennis and others in the media.

I look forward to the day Ennis coaches a side so he can see how hard it would be - but it's far easier to just sit back and tell everyone else what they do wrong so I don't think it will happen..
Well I can pretty much see an influence in the Raiders club by Ennis...they have become superb nigglers and have an underlying "dirty" streak about them..more so than usual....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I can pretty much see an influence in the Raiders club by Ennis...they have become superb nigglers and have an underlying "dirty" streak about them..more so than usual....
I guess all is forgiven for what happened with their fans and the viking clap, haha.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Three of the four dropped are named in the extended 21 man squad .............what does that say ? The fact that they are considered before others in the Reggies speaks volumes for our depth........

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not about the coach, Farah and Marshall as the real "coaches" there. Plus they have the oldest average age of any team in the NRL.

Go Dogs
That’s BS Maguire doesn’t take shit from his players just ask Farah who dropped him to reserve grade at Souths

Madge

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Ennis did an apprenticeship I reckon he'd be a decent coach. Seems to be a smart footy brain.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It goes to show how far we've fallen that we're out recruited by or make worse signings than pretty much every other club.

This club used to be the shrewdest in the business and had a production line of consistent, fit, tough and competitive players.

Nowadays it's mostly a stomping ground for hasbeens, flops and stop-gap solutions...

Most of which don't deserve to wear the Jersey and certainly don't play with any pride.

It's the first year of the re-build. We were never going to recruit a lot of stars. We will have to hope we get something to smile about until the new board has a level playing field. The juniors had seen long term neglect before the new board took over. They won't become world class overnight.

If at the end of the 4 year tenure the side hasn't seen major improvement at all levels then head office will be Success let to being voted out. Every aspect of our club is needing to demonstrate that they're competent. It could be a few years before we're able to match teams that have been well run for 6+ years. In the interim we as fans will have to just hope everything clicks sooner than later.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
You can just see when you hear Pay speak, that he’s a simple man. Nothing wrong with that in life, but you need some kind of Aura when your a coach, or at least come across like you are extremely knowledgeable on the game , like Trent Robinson
Also helps having NO Salary cap like Robinson.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anybody got anything on Justin Holbrook??

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign Cam Smith when he retires, he's gonna be a great coach when he retires.... no matter what tactics he uses..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
At first i agreed with the only 1 trial idea, mainly to prevent injury close to the season start. But it looks like in our situation, 15 trials may have been better, to work out the best combinations from who we have.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the point is which coach could do anything with this squad?

Just look at how bad our centres are, jeez for holland to be first picked is ridiculous he is a massive problem in defense and has t got much in attack either.
Exactly, overall our squad is at best very average, not sure what Ennis is expecting. If Pay wasto go I'd love to hear Ennis' response if he was tapped on the shoulder.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis should put his money where his mouth is and coach this side himself seeing he seems to have all the answers.
Does he have the answers, though?

*watches a shit team*

Ennis: they're shit.

People: OMG! HE'S A GENIUS! YES, RIGHT THERE! HARDER, DADDY! HARDEEEEEER!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the point is which coach could do anything with this squad?

Just look at how bad our centres are, jeez for holland to be first picked is ridiculous he is a massive problem in defense and has t got much in attack either.
Who let 2 representative backs go without signing a solid replacement? The replacement he signed backs wise are Crichton and Meaney who have now both been utilised in ISP. Poor acquisitions at this stage and one of the many causes for the results we have suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.