Pay's Pets

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After today's embarrassing display the feel good vibe of the preseason is well and truly gone...

Pay has built the squad he wants and it scared me all along that the club let him have so much of a say in the construction of the roster when no one knows if Pay is the long term coach or not..

Either way, Des was rightly roasted for persisting with certain players despite their lack of form and talent and Pay has proven to do the same with:

Lichaa
Marshall-King
Montoya
Elliott

The first three aren't first grade standard at all and it's pathetic that we haven't addressed the hooker situation.

Pay will be on thin ice if they have a few more performances like this. What do the people that wanted to re-sign him before the season think now?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We have a easy draw to start the year. Wait till we play the good teams. May they have mercy upon us.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a easy draw to start the year. Wait till we play the good teams. May they have mercy upon us.

you are saying warriors is not a top 4 team?

they have the two best wingers/finishers in the comp.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he hasn't had much free cap space to work with, and there is still some of Des's dead wood.... fuckn frustrating times

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with all the above comments,pay has ALOT to prove and get right over the coming weeks. We all know what needs done.!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Pay saw this coming at all so it’s going to be very interesting if he can turn it around next week. If there’s anything even close to a repeat of today it could go downhill quickly.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think Pay saw this coming at all so it’s going to be very interesting if he can turn it around next week. If there’s anything even close to a repeat of today it could go downhill quickly.

we were the top team in the last 5 games of the season last year with an inferior squad.

so it is not like the cattle is not there to be not competitive like today.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
we were the top team in the last 5 games of the season last year with an inferior squad.

so it is not like the cattle is not there to be not competitive like today.
Last year means absolutely nothing now and it’s a stretch to say we were the top team when all they did was string a few wins together.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he makes wholesale changes then that will help us keep the faith.

But if he persists with some of the usual suspects, then he might not last the season as his pets will cost him his job.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year means absolutely nothing now and it’s a stretch to say we were the top team when all they did was string a few wins together.

winning 4 out of the last 5 games in the back end of the season and that too with a far worst squad than now, means nothing?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

No chance they are top 4. Roosters, Souths, Sharks, Newcastle, dragons, cowboys, Melbourne broncos all above them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
winning 4 out of the last 5 games in the back end of the season and that too with a far worst squad than now, means nothing?
It’s a whole new team and winning 4/5 when you’re out of finals contention 6 months ago means nothing when you come out and shit the bed in the first game of the year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta start somewhere, things can be looked at one by one and addressed, things were way out of whack and there was no rythem, new squad might take a couple of weeks to click.
I would put Hoppa back at fullback and bring back Meaney when the side is completing sets and maintaining field position.
Can Harawira Naera play centre?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors WERE impressive, but we were not.
IF they control the ball like that all year they will be top 4 but that's a big IF
Yep, I think we have a very easy draw.. If we don't win next week we're in trouble.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Warriors WERE impressive, but we were not.
IF they control the ball like that all year they will be top 4 but that's a big IF
Yep, I think we have a very easy draw.. If we don't win next week we're in trouble.
Warriors just beat a shit team.
We play parra next week, and they will look like premiers against us to.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although I agree about Lichaa and JMK we walked into a Warriors outfit that would have been impossible to beat after the recent happenings in Christchurch. The Warriors were a team on a mission. Let's see what happens next week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta start somewhere, things can be looked at one by one and addressed, things were way out of whack and there was no rythem, new squad might take a couple of weeks to click.
I would put Hoppa back at fullback and bring back Meaney when the side is completing sets and maintaining field position.
Can Harawira Naera play centre?
CHN has filled in numerous times at centre for Penrith and been dangerous.

Elliott needs to go to the bench or reserves and Martin and Smith should get a look in.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he hasn't had much free cap space to work with, and there is still some of Des's dead wood.... fuckn frustrating times
I honestly don’t think he’d know what to do with it if he did. He rolls the dice on fringe first graders unwanted by their previous clubs. Look at all of his signings:

C.Smith - decent
JMK - wtf
Crichton - wtf
Napa - good
CHN - good
Sue - undecided
John Olive - I don’t know what to say
Clay priest - wtf
Meaney - wtf
Cogger - wtf

Not a good strike rate here my friend...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Warriors were actually tipped as a premiere favorites.. Sounds about right after watching the game. Unfortunately we look close to the wooden spooners, just running around with no idea on how to counter play