Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what people expected this year we the spoon favourites for a reason we have the weakest roster. Full of has beens, reserve graders & youth that's not really ready yet.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How bad is Lewis today... embarrassing..
Been very bad but he’s had no platform laid by the forwards what so ever.
Agree gentleman. We have missed 37 tackles today and in addition made an additional 31 with a total of 15 ineffective.43% possession but a really good 86% completion rate. Five penalties in the game which we also lost 3-2...

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
It will be a long season. We have some players that are not first grade and modern age standard. Our pack is small. We will win a few. Pay hasn’t got much left. Removing holland and Montoya is paramount.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The board will probably start to move to replace Pay after today. Diabolical performance to start the year. The brand has suffered enough. We need a seasoned coach who knows how to win. But Georgialis cam do a job in the interim. Id say Pay after rd 6.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go home Bulldogs, you're drunk. Wow what an absolute embarrassing performance. First game of the season and no one looked like they had any fucking intentions of stepping up and ripping in. My young son plays harder and with more commitment then our whole team combined. Fucking hugely disappointed is an understatement.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What did they do all off season? Everything looked clunky, fitness and strength looks to be at embarrassing levels and there was so motivation in the first game of the year. There was a few plays there with no effort and that’s just not good enough.
Definitely a few didn't put in today.
Especially in defence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Disgusting. Every player sucked arse.

Now I know why we are wooden spoon favourites.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we keep hoppa at the back, we need him more with the ball. He is relatively slow. I’ll put him in the centres for his D.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we win a game this year lol.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs aim to prove NRL critics wrong in season-opening clash with Warriors, Yesterdays headline as usual all fucking talk!!!

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the pre season hype and bullshit build up. I feel embarrassed I’ve been so cocky. That wasn’t even a reserve grade display today. No Cohesion in attack or defence.

I’m terribly concerned and glad I’m
Not Dean Pay because I don’t see an easy way out of this.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree with you. I would put Jacko at lock with Martin and RFM/CHN 2nd Rowers. Hopefully its a one off shit game .
Correction
Jacko at lock
Martin and CHN on the edges
And RFM the fuck out.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rfm 52 tackles I can see why he was gassed
But fuck
Said that to hubby that he did a lot of defence and Hoppa made 271 metres the best of the whole lot from both sides. We had two forwards Jacko and Ray play the full 80. Should we bite the bullet and play CHN in the centres so we can get rid of Montoya and keep Hoppa at fullback? Or do we promote Harper now???

Last edited:

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everybody just calm the fuck down.
We've been outclassed by a better team. Warriors seemed to have a lot more time on the ground in defence, as much as I hate wrestling in the game, we can get better there.
Obviously we could have done with another trial game and it shows today.
The lads were gassed by 60-65 minutes.
A few rounds and match fitness will kick in and we'll be more competitive.
Napa, Lichha, RFM and Hoppa all played well today.
Not sold on Elliott at lock and Montoya at centre but need to give them a few more rounds before I'll pass judgement.
No doubt, Warriors definitely had a good game, very intense from the kick off and they didn’t let up.
I’m honestly over Montoya, I just can’t hack him anymore. He needs to go, bring Morgan Harper in or move Hoppa to centre.
Elliot had all of last season at lock, what more does one need to see? The kids got heart but Martin offers way more in the 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.