Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure breaking the Smith/Holland combo is a good idea.

Don't know what Pay sees in Montoya that will make him a good centre.
They’ll be swapping positions which I think is a great idea as smith will be an awesome centre

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only hope for Pay is he doesn't turn out to be one of the "I'm picking a player because he trains really hard, even if he's shit during the game" coach!

It's great to have confidence in your players, but as we've all experienced with our previous coach - The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only hope for Pay is he doesn't turn out to be one of the "I'm picking a player because he trains really hard, even if he's shit during the game" coach!

It's great to have confidence in your players, but as we've all experienced with our previous coach - The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
He already is that type of coach that is why he loves JMK so much.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

yeah tend to agree there. His always saying his trained well when he talks about a player.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, is Teddy Blair still playing?

Someone call the RSPCA because someone is clearly missing a cat...

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Cup team there is a mistake as they havent named a lock!

1. Toa Mata'afa
2. Tuipulotu Katoa
3. Morgan Harper
4. John Olive
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Jesse Marschke
7. Jack Cogger
8. Francis Tualau
9. Ben Marschke
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Bronson Garlick
12. Rhyse Martin

14. Jack Nelson
15. Samuel Radovu
16. Austin Dias
17. Jesse Martin

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/03/12/canterbury-cup-nsw-team-lists--round-one/
Interesting that meaney not named like cogger.
Also noticed josh bergamin is now at wenty as is brad keighran.
Hopefully Nu Brown returns soon and swaps with JMK

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can you drop a bloke with a goal kicking record of 94.7% ? It’s not like he was there only for his kicking either, one of our best last year. If we lose any games because of goal kicking while Martin is out of the side there will be serious questions to answer.
Consider the guy gone... If CHN cant even make the starting team, Martin has no chance. He will probably get snapped up before June 30.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Montoya jesus pleaese prove me wrong

That’s Pays biggest issue now he loves the well mannered hard trainer with no skill. Montoya, JMK must be his favourites. I think Elliot goes ok but for mine wouldn’t be in the 17. Bloke hits the ball up 12 times a game and can’t crack 100m. Same deal with Elliot well mannered hard trainer and from the country

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem with Montoya we have no depth
Young Harper a year off nrl

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
No matter which way you look at it that backline on paper is poor.. The problem is there's no one of real first grade quality to step up to put pressure on those players.

I look at our forward pack and back row and it's very strong but we lack strike out wide an I think that will be the story all year.

Here's hoping we can shock and really have a crack at the 8 go the dogs!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gees.... whinge city because Pay didn't pick everyones supercoach team.

Montoya went well in the trials.

Disappointed with that line up... wtf was the point of buying Meaney if we cant even give the kid a shot in round 1, didnt Pay openly say that our club is a place were young lads looking for a chance will be given a go, all lies. Montoya at centre yuck... Hope we win but not impressed, especially with Martin not even in the extended list.
See my link just posted above. Pay explains why. Not quite ready (same with Cogger).

Come along way in short space of time.

How can you drop a bloke with a goal kicking record of 94.7% ? It’s not like he was there only for his kicking either, one of our best last year. If we lose any games because of goal kicking while Martin is out of the side there will be serious questions to answer.
Only thing I can think is he isn't training well.

Pay mentions really tough but current back row are internationals (Jacko, RFM, CHN)... and that Rhyse should get a run during the year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Same shit coach

Same shit selections

Same shit team.

Yet will still be supporting them and hoping they prove me wrong which they wont.. but...

Status
Not open for further replies.