Broncos forward jailed for 2 years

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
TL;DR

Myles Taueli (Broncos top 30 player) charged with coward punch from xmas. Copped 2 year jail sentence. Broncos tore up his contract as soon as he was charged.

We heard literally nothing about this lol. Screenshot_20190217-154359_Twitter.jpeg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in Brisbane and I never heard of this guy or this incident.

@Kaz, who is this dirtbag?

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The daily Telegraph were still running mad Monday stories while this was happening

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I posted something about this a while back not long after it appeared in the paper. . Not the first time he was in trouble either or sacked by an NRL club. Made for some interesting reading.....Two links here, one from his time at the sharks when he got previous jail time for multiple drink drive and the first one in relation to the assault.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/myles-taueli-assault.473862/

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/e56e2466c0e47af00c36ee2729acee59

Ex-Sharks rookie Myles Taueli busted DUI twice in two months
SACKED Cronulla Sharks rookie Myles Taueli has notched up his second mid-range drink-driving offence in as many months.

The 20-year-old was due to face Gosford Local Court today after police pulled over the suspended P-plater about 1am on May 23 on Kurrawyba Av at Terrigal.

Taueli was subjected to a roadside test and later blew 0.128.

He was charged with mid-range drink-driving (second offence) and driving while suspended.

The latest alleged indiscretion caps off a terrible year for the once promising star who was given a six-month intensive corrections order — a court’s equivalent to fulltime custody — last month after pleading guilty to mid-range drink-driving in Sutherland Local Court.

Taueli was picked up by police after he lost control in the wet and ploughed his ute into a tree on President Ave in Sydney’s south about 11.30pm on March 20.

He later returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.102.

Taueli was fined $1500, his licence was suspended and he was given a minimum mandatory interlock order for nine months.

But he had his habitual offender declaration quashed by the court.

aueli was listed to appear at Gosford today but the court heard he was issued an attendance notice marked July 15 but it was later crossed out and 26 was scrawled next to it.

Magistrate Bruce Williams acknowledged there had been a clerical error and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“He probably thinks he has to turn up on the 26th,” he told the prosecutor before adjourning the matter to that date.

A Sharks spokesman said Taueli was released from the club after he was sentenced for his initial drink-driving offence.

Selected in the NSW Origin pathways camp last summer, Tauelie played for the Sharks’ feeder team the Newtown Jets in reserve grade but failed to make his NRL debut before being released.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Broncos did their Greenberg required 'due diligence' like the Dogs apparently have to do for every signing. Clearly not with this guy's form.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two years for swinging a hit, must of been unprovoked.

A

Alexander the Great

Brisbane = white
Dogs = Islam

White =good
Islam =bad
Orange man = bad

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It never stops ! These guys don’t know how bloody lucky they are or what a privilege it is to be playing this sport.. take for granted it seems.!! Absolute joke.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on, let me write him a reference letter.......

Oh man it never ceases to amaze me how stupid these guys can be.
So much talent and opportunity wasted. He was already in Origin Pathways and he has pissed it all away after being given a second chance.
Now will probably be another Ben Barba driving trucks when he could have been making millions.

I have to think that the Brisbane media is much smarter about their team.
They know they need to publish something about it but they also know that if they blast it all over the front pages, it will hurt their one team city..

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guy should be freed and given a letter of recommendation from jewburg.

Meanwhile Napa should get the electric chair given the shame he has brought to the game.

Oh that was sarcasm by the way....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how many good up and coming players we never see, because they are just too stupid and kill their careers before they start

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matt Lodge is the Broncos forward who should have been jailed for two years.

But instead he'll get selected to rep teams despite the fact that he's shit and a scumbag thug who got off light for a horrible crime.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

But instead he'll get selected to rep teams despite the fact that he's shit and a scumbag thug who got off light for a horrible crime.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder what Greenturd would have done if our donkey friend was a Bulldogs player?