Official 2019 Annual General Meeting

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today I received the agenda for the AGM and a few interesting things came up and its it looks proxy votes will be getting replaced by postal votes. Jamie Feeney, Tony Grimaldi, Corey Hughes and Colin Walker have been nominated for life membership. Just a reminder there is no board elections this year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Today I received the agenda for the AGM and a few interesting things came up and its it looks proxy votes will be getting replaced by postal votes. Jamie Feeney, Tony Grimaldi, Corey Hughes and Colin Walker have been nominated for life membership. Just a reminder there is no board elections this year.
How did the agenda arrive spoonman?

Btw - not sure I agree with Corey Hughes being granted life membership.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did the agenda arrive spoonman?

Btw - not sure I agree with Corey Hughes being granted life membership.
Arrived in the mail today it was mailed out on the 18th so I’d say you should get it soon.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mason got life membership last year so Corey should get it without issue.
Yes I got mine in the mail today as well. Had a phone call today as well as an email a week ago confirming address as I moved addresses. Glad they checked with me. They are on the ball this mob that’s for sure.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt get an email. Does that mean they are better off without me?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't say I agree with Mason getting one either. Should be reserved for the special few that really deserve it.
I don’t have a problem with Corey getting it to be honest he played a lot of club games and won a premiership. I think he might qualify automatically due to the amount of games played anyway. I didn’t want Mason getting it either but he got the votes.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with Corey getting it to be honest he played a lot of club games and won a premiership. I think he might qualify automatically due to the amount of games played anyway. I didn’t want Mason getting it either but he got the votes.
I don't know enough to say whether he automatically qualifies and I get he was hurt by alot of stuff that happened but I really didn't appreciate what he said about the club in the year he was at the Sharks. He would have been better to say nothing.

I also don't like how these guys try to re-attached themselves to the club after they've done the rounds and find the grass isn't greener elsewhere. Goes to show how decent the club is for allowing some of them to be involved again.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also received my paperwork today
Tony would be up there in contention,good honest player who always put in
We will see what the boys club think !

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know enough to say whether he automatically qualifies and I get he was hurt by alot of stuff that happened but I really didn't appreciate what he said about the club in the year he was at the Sharks. He would have been better to say nothing.

I also don't like how these guys try to re-attached themselves to the club after they've done the rounds and find the grass isn't greener elsewhere. Goes to show how decent the club is for allowing some of them to be involved again.
What was he on about? I can't remember.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What was he on about? I can't remember.
The main one which pisses me off is at the end of his last game at the sharks he had an interview with fox. They ask so what's the highlight of your career. His answer definitely the last year I just played with the Sharks.

He had grievances which relate to the family, Coffs Harbour and the Hughes giving back life memberships too which is understandable but he did win a premiership with the club.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

What did he say

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I nominated Jamie Feeney. He came to the Dogs as a 18yo and played in the Premiership winning side of 1998. He played for the Dogs for 8 years and racked up 112 games in first grade. He played every game in the record breaking 2002 team. After leaving the Dogs he had a few years at Melbourne and is now the Manager of the Elite Women’s Pathway Programme, NRL Ambassador and Assistant Coach of the Jillaroos. The criteria for nomination is very strict, which he qualified, and I believe that he is a very worthy recipient of Life Membership.