Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I never looked at it that way. Interesting.
Thats the main reason I snap up games on sale (and why literally within arms reach I still have a Windows 98SE/XP dual booting gaming PC).

I buy games when they are at a good price (and many I got free from sharing bundle deals with others). If games get removed off Steam you can still access them if you bought them in the past (or they have to credit you if the game is pulled completely - under Aus Consumer Law).

I used to buy a lot of boxed ones on the proviso "one day I might like to play that game". Once you have the game that's it, you own it forever.

I see it like a library. Once the book is there you can loan/read it at any time, but once the book is out of press it becomes much harder to locate (and more expensive to buy if you do track it down).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Thats the main reason I snap up games on sale (and why literally within arms reach I still have a Windows 98SE/XP dual booting gaming PC).

I buy games when they are at a good price (and many I got free from sharing bundle deals with others). If games get removed off Steam you can still access them if you bought them in the past (or they have to credit you if the game is pulled completely - under Aus Consumer Law).

I used to buy a lot of boxed ones on the proviso "one day I might like to play that game". Once you have the game that's it, you own it forever.

I see it like a library. Once the book is there you can loan/read it at any time, but once the book is out of press it becomes much harder to locate (and more expensive to buy if you do track it down).
I still got some old games I keep hidden away but not as many as you lol.

I just finished Vice City about a month ago, I haven't yet got round to installing San Andreas.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Why does Steam display games that aren't for sale, though?

Original GTA for example.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does Steam display games that aren't for sale, though?

Original GTA for example.
Sometimes games get pulled them come back later. I think due to licensing.
It could also be an issue with the recent change to AU$. Any games that publishers haven't listed as Australian sale will sometimes show up in the store but you can't buy them.

Reactions: K E

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So My Niece is hammering me about playing Assassins Creed, but i don't know where to start because there is so many games to choose from.

It goes Back to PS3 i think, so for someone that has never played that game before, which one do i start with?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So My Niece is hammering me about playing Assassins Creed, but i don't know where to start because there is so many games to choose from.

It goes Back to PS3 i think, so for someone that has never played that game before, which one do i start with?
AC
AC 2
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations
AC 3
AC Black flag
AC Rogue
AC Unity
AC Syndicate
AC Origins
AC Odyssey

Pretty sure these are the main ones in order, there's also a few others that were released on different systems but were more side games. Rouge was on of these though it got remastered for console release. You could probably play that later ones whenever you want if you really wanted as the lore got pretty loose and they went away from a few things the earlier releases stuck too story wise. I'd definitely start at the original.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you want them in order of best to worst, here's my personal preference:

AC Black Flag
AC 2
AC Brotherhood
AC Syndicate
AC
AC Revelations
AC 3
AC Unity

Haven't played enough of the rest of the games to give my opinion. AC 3 and Unity are pretty crap though.

Reactions: K E

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

You HAVE to start at Black Flag. Not your traditional AC game but DEFINITELY the best one. Then Brotherhood. Then II.

Stay away from III, Unity and Syndicate. All crap. Well, Syndicate isn't too bad. III is easily the worst/most boring one.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The original AC is good but gets old/boring/repetitive VERY quick. And the combat sucks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a good gaming chair? My posture is fucked and leaning forward doesn't help lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a good gaming chair? My posture is fucked and leaning forward doesn't help lol.
Welcome to my club. I just make do with an Officeworks pleather chair from years ago. The pleather has fallen apart and peeled so I just chucked a large car seat cover from a bucket seat over it :D

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Welcome to my club. I just make do with an Officeworks pleather chair from years ago. The pleather has fallen apart and peeled so I just chucked a large car seat cover from a bucket seat over it :D
Yh I got a shit cheap one and it's terrible

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had the same thing for a long time. Had an Ikea pleather chair that served me well. When it degraded I put an old Bulldogs seat cover on it. Eventually I have up and bought one from Costco.