The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow they didnt enforce the follow on. Anyone guess why? Odd decision, it only increases our chances coz we could get rain and/or just block the ball for our second innings, for a draw.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
India might not bat as well second innings with the pitch dying, but they only need 0 to make it impossible for us to win batting last anyway, so even if we get them all out for 50, it wont save us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fk it im turning it off. As i said even if we have our best bowling ever now, it wont save us. So not worth watching. We are no chance at all.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow they didnt enforce the follow on. Anyone guess why? Odd decision, it only increases our chances coz we could get rain and/or just block the ball for our second innings, for a draw.
Kohli is just giving his bowlers the afternoon off, still fairly warm down there. Come back fresh sometime tomorrow and they will do it again.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kohli is just giving his bowlers the afternoon off, still fairly warm down there. Come back fresh sometime tomorrow and they will do it again.
We will be flat out getting 100 second innings batting last with the pitch getting worse and worse. Indias whole batting innings now is just batting practice

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now THIS is a shithouse performance. We did pretty well in the second test, but this batting line up will always be susceptible to a shocking collapse.

The sooner Smith and Warner are back, the better. We also need to stop messing around and get Burns into the team. He’s been great in shield cricket for the past two seasons. Also, Mitch Marsh needs to be well and truly forgotten. He’s not even close to being a test match cricketer. Worst all rounder we’ve ever had, imo.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who saw this coming, couldn't hardly buy a wicket the first two days, than 14(so far) fall today.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cummins destroying India’s top order. They are having even less fun batting on this third day pitch than we did. What a great toss to win. If we win the toss and bat first in the fourth year, we are still a pretty good chance of levelling the series, imo..... inept batting and all.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who saw this coming, couldn't hardly buy a wicket the first two days, than 14(so far) fall today.
Yeah, judging from today’s play it was a great toss to win. The most baffling thing is by all reports, Paine and co were considering bowling first if they won the toss. Talk about misreading a pitch.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, judging from today’s play it was a great toss to win. The most baffling thing is by all reports, Paine and co were considering bowling first if they won the toss. Talk about misreading a pitch.
lol yeah, i don't get this pitch, they are 5 down now. Unfortunately that first innings lead is just too big :(

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was shocked that India didn't enforce the follow on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cricket Australia is completely fucked. Selling the broadcast rights to seven and fox and not putting ODIs on free to air was a complete balls up.

Tim Paine is not good enough to captain let alone keep for aus, but CA fucked up with their ‘let’s be nice to everyone’ attitude and now they can’t sack him ffs.

For some reason we keep picking the fucking marsh’s because of their family name.

Majority of our batsmen can’t get the T20 out of their technique. No patience, poor defence.

Langer is a garbage coach, no accountability. Why the fuck is David saker our bowling coach? He was shithouse in domestic cricket and never got a look in for tests. Alan Donald was much better for our pacemen. Graeme Hick needs to be sacked, he’s our batting coach and our batsmen are garbage.

Bancroft, Warner and smith all walk back into this side immediately.

Can’t believe we’re going to lose a series at home to the fucking Indians

upload_2018-12-28_17-55-43.png

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was shocked that India didn't enforce the follow on.
A little bizarre I agree but kohli just wanted our bowlers to do more work in the field and really stick it in a bit harder.
Didn't work out how he planned but unless the heavens open, we are just delaying the inevitable

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now THIS is a shithouse performance. We did pretty well in the second test, but this batting line up will always be susceptible to a shocking collapse.

The sooner Smith and Warner are back, the better. We also need to stop messing around and get Burns into the team. He’s been great in shield cricket for the past two seasons. Also, Mitch Marsh needs to be well and truly forgotten. He’s not even close to being a test match cricketer. Worst all rounder we’ve ever had, imo.
Yeh I thought about it more and think a player like Smith can carry a team, and he takes pressure off the other batsmen to be the scorer, so it helps the team, even though hes only 1 batsman. I suppose if u took Kohli out of India it would have a similar effect

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's looking like the wicket is going down fast now. Looks like the game may have been won by the toss of a coin. It was key to bat first on this wicket. Not letting some of our batsmen off the hook though, a few have been ordinary for a number of matches

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is just not cricket. Besides our bowling line up the rest of this team is packed full of duds who cry in press conferences over sand paper.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's looking like the wicket is going down fast now. Looks like the game may have been won by the toss of a coin. It was key to bat first on this wicket. Not letting some of our batsmen off the hook though, a few have been ordinary for a number of matches
I am never going to mention the pitch in any post for any test anymore, every-time i have so far the opposite happens with it lol. Lunch time day 2, i was convinced we would be chasing 500 odd and we would get maybe 400 or something and the game would end in a boring draw.