Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we can accept that with Klemmer leaving we needed another prop to replace him ... apart from NF of course ...

However, there's a lot of mixed feelings as to whether he's the right prop to bring in. Honest question. What other options were there out there? He's a SOO and premiership winning prop. Could we have bettered that on the market?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve read a lot of Marleys posts, he knows what he’s talking about, you can tell he’s not stupid. While I agree with what Marley says, in saying that, I’m happy to back Napa now that he’s wearing the blue and white.
No doubt, he is a very passionate supporter like all of us but everyone is entitled to have an opinion. He scouts out anyone who has a contrary view to him and pounces.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Political recruit as well.

Wish we had a board that thought more longer term than 3 years.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Money aside he is a good signing. He has the aggression that we need. The other part is he comes from a good winning culture at the roosters. I hate that club but they do demand success ( than go out an buy it). We are 2 yrs away from playing with the big boys but in the mean time we will build a foundation.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa doesn't fit anything. The blokes reckless and pulls off some spectacular hits because of it, that's it. You talk about mobile forwards yet Napa clearly isn't one. Average ball carrier, no footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability, etc.

I genuinely couldn't care less that he's a so called big hitter or his aggressive, that's hardly a high priority in my eyes given our current situation. Defence is also attitude, technique and fitness these days and a lot of that is coached and developed within the culture at the club.

SJ has just come out and said he is leaving the Warriors, this bloke should be our priority target. If us pissing away money on a prop that we hardly needed prevents us from putting forward a strong offer for him then the club is just taking the fucking piss.
I agree with this mate. The way the cap is, there will always be top line players moving. If our club had some foresight we could stay pat and wait until a player we really need becomes available.

An example could be say Brandon Smith. If Cam Smiths signs for 2 years, Brandon could request out as he wants to play first grade. Same with Blayke Brailey or Kyle Flanagan. Broncos could be destabilised with the coaching change and a guy like Kotoni Staggs might say He wants to play centre and we could offer him something.
We aren’t in win now mode so may as well spent the 2018 season developing players. I don’t know if you are allowed to front load contracts but any money we could load on top of Foran so he’s cheaper on future years would be great too.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hated him because wore a roosters jersey and played like a thug but in a bulldogs jersey and playing like a thug.. Making me feel a little bit excited
Remember Keith Hargi in the 1970s? (Last name spelling?) now he was a thug.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to the guy. Look forward to seeing some oomph back in the tackling and a pack that hunts the opposition forwards.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Lichaa's cuzzins on the kennel send him a memo to harden the fuck up this year by showing some aggression and niggle in his game

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Showing ambition would be to not sign another bloody forward and go after a real signing that will make a real difference to our side. If that player couldn't come for another season then so be it, the club needed to strong and back their results rather than make a like for like signing that was barely required to keep people happy.

I don't expect much from Pay, don't rate him at all tbh...but this should've been the chance here to test him. If he could get our young guys up then he could've showed he was up to it and earned his next contract. Our young pups fire and our attitude is right and we have a a strong base to work with and we then only require a few targeted signings that could drastically improve our side.

Didn’t Pay do this last season when we got rid of all the duds? Give the guy some time he showed that with no big names he could get our squad competing every week. Was only the Gold Coast game at Belmore that I was disgusted with the effort shown. With the shit sandwich he was dealt that’s impressive for the season.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money aside he is a good signing. He has the aggression that we need. The other part is he comes from a good winning culture at the roosters. I hate that club but they do demand success ( than go out an buy it). We are 2 yrs away from playing with the big boys but in the mean time we will build a foundation.
That’s the whole point of a signing. It always has to be about the value.

Look at des and his spastic use of valuing props like Aiden tolman way above what he’s actually worth.