Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard 3 days ago, Dogs want Ramien and wont let Klemmer leave without him. So hopefully Hill has some balls and holds strong. WE have all the cards, they are the desperate ones. So be like fine, put him on the market and dont give him to Newcastle. Simple.
Ramien not comming

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Things change in rugby rugby league. Everyone seems to want him to have all this loyalty but in the same breath trash him because he's probably annoyed that the club moved on his best mate a few months into his contract.
No such thing as loyalty in any sport.

I will trash him because he is a boy, he hasn't got any honour or self respect and he doesn't want to be here. So fuck him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can see how people might consider it a weak move to release a player. Gives it a feeling of being dictated to, more so by the player and acting manager. There is a risk that it could damage the Bulldogs brand / reputation.
The flip side to that is we keep the player to appear in charge and authoritative, however we continue to struggle on the field for 2 more years. The player and manager will continue to make noise over time and the Bulldogs brand is continually damaged.
I don't feel that we are being dictated to by Newcastle at all. We're in a position legally to enforce the contract if we so choose. It's Newcastle, the player and his manager that are hoping we do that for a variety of reasons.
I say rip the band aid off, let Klemmer go and set up his family for life with the ridiculous money being offered to him.
Let Newcastle put their salary cap into a position of peril while we fix ours.
We improve our squad in the positions needed and don't have to wait till 2021 to hopefully see some on field success.
Mate don't waste your time explaining it. Some people just don't get it. They want to continue seeing us make meters and continue to be clueless in the opponents red zone when we get there.
We need to spend some cap on other positions, otherwise we'll still have Montoya and co. outwide frustrating us to death.

John_94

Waterboy
Reaction score
Put it this way which do you think klemmer would rsther running off the likes of pearce,watson,ponga or running off cogger,meaney,lewis i know who i would rather and it isnt cogger

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put it this way which do you think klemmer would rsther running off the likes of pearce,watson,ponga or running off cogger,meaney,lewis i know who i would rather and it isnt cogger
Klemmer doesn't run off anyone. He just takes hit ups, then truns his back, makes a few more meters and then plays the ball slowly.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted him to stay badly and I wanted us to move heaven and earth ... until... Pearce came out and said Klemmer told him he couldn’t wait to get there.

Fuck off Klemmer - fuck right off with those other pieces of infested shit Mason, $DillWilliams, Hannant and women basher Barba.

Note to club - DO NOT BEND OVER AND FUCK THIS CLUB AND ITS FANS LIKE OTHER BOARDS HAVE DONE!! He is ours for 2 more years - knights want him, GIVE US RAIMIEN OR PONGA OR GET FUCKED! Enough of us being EVERYONE’S bitches. Klemmer doesn’t like it, rot in reserves ya prick for 2 years. You’re DONE here

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also can someone help me understand how the Knights are going to fit everyone under the cap?

Klemmer = $1.1 million
Pearce = $1 million
Ponga = 700k
Watson = 600k
Guerra = 500k
Glasby = 550k
Burher = 450k
Moga = 450k
SKD = 450k

Ponga will definitely ask for an upgrade within the next year and will easily get $1 million/per year, so unless the remaining 21 players in their squad are on $150k per year I don't see how they are under the cap. And I also haven't included how much they would've offered Ramien who was considered one of the top young outside backs when signed.
Knights have front loaded contracts the last couple of years, they can afford to spend big right now.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knights are desperate for klem make no mistake they are trying to play hardball about ramien but if i was dogs ceo a great tactical ploy would be to allow klem to talk to the roosters as well and say to the knights we want jesse your move now muppets?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga still has another 3 years to go on his contract I think and he just finished 2nd in the Dally M voting and I've heard that his father is a greedy **** who loves the $$$ so im sure he will want an upgrade real soon.
He's welcome to an upgrade at belmore!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Knights are desperate for klem make no mistake they are trying to play hardball about ramien but if i was dogs ceo a great tactical ploy would be to allow klem to talk to the roosters as well and say to the knights we want jesse your move now muppets?
There's no chance Ramien is joining us, dunno how people think this is at all possible lol. The club should just hold onto Klemmer for all of pre season and tell him to train by himself until a desirable player becomes available...you could even hold him until june 30 if you really want to push things.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what some ppl are saying, i.e. no point in keeping a player that doesnt want to be here. I also understand that we have some money available for next season from the release of klemmer.

Just dont understand why some ppl here dont think compensation is an important component in this. Pre-season has just started and we have to look for a replacement now. Most off contract players have re-signed or signed elsewhere by now. This is before we factor in the impact on the playing group. And what msg are we sending to the players and other clubs if we let a plyr move to another club without getting compensation?

Unless its the clubs fault for not meeting their obligation, i dont think its fair to let him go without getting any compensation. We got compensation from sbw exit and he he didnt leave to go to another club

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know that TPJ isn't a traditional prop but at his size and with his explosiveness I wouldn't mind us throwing some coin at him to replace Klemmer.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with what some ppl are saying, i.e. no point in keeping a player that doesnt want to be here. I also understand that we have some money available for next season from the release of klemmer.

Just dont understand why some ppl here dont think compensation is an important component in this. Pre-season has just started and we have to look for a replacement now. Most off contract players have re-signed or signed elsewhere by now. This is before we factor in the impact on the playing group. And what msg are we sending to the players and other clubs if we let a plyr move to another club without getting compensation?

Unless its the clubs fault for not meeting their obligation, i dont think its fair to let him go without getting any compensation. We got compensation from sbw exit and he he didnt leave to go to another club
We got compensation for SBW because he legally broke the contract by not turning up to training or games and signing a contract with another team.

Klemmer hasn't done that yet and I don't think he will its all in negotiations all he has done is asked for a release.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no chance Ramien is joining us, dunno how people think this is at all possible lol. The club should just hold onto Klemmer for all of pre season and tell him to train by himself until a desirable player becomes available...you could even hold him until june 30 if you really want to push things.
Thats rubbish there was no chance of klem not being a dog 6 months ago or cronk leaving the storm the list goes on money talks and knights want klem more than they need a centre its a different world now dont be so naive

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats rubbish there was no chance of klem not being a dog 6 months ago or cronk leaving the storm the list goes on money talks and knights want klem more than they need a centre its a different world now dont be so naive
Lol @ thinking there was no chance of Klemmer leaving us 6 months ago. Klemmer leaving has been on the table for a long time, this latest push by him isn't at all suprising. Your examples are alos terrible. Klemmer WANTS to leave, as did Cronk. Ramien has no desire to leave and is rumored to have even turned us down before signing with the Knights.

So many dogs fans act so entitled, facts are we've been a fucking mess and have shopped players around galore. If we get any sort of direct player trade out of Klemmer then i'll be astonished.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from Ramien there is no one we would want anyway I have no idea why so many have a hard on for a player swap!
Ponga or Pearce are two names that come to mind, there's also the Saifit twins who'd be handy acquisitions.. I mean im sure theres plenty more then the ONE guy you seem to have a hard on about

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ponga or Pearce are two names that come to mind, there's also the Saifit twins who'd be handy acquisitions.. I mean im sure theres plenty more then the ONE guy you seem to have a hard on about
Ponga and Pearce won't go and Safaiti twins are garbage why do you think the Knights want Klemmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.