Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe how much koolaid drinking is going on in this place or how many people say stupid shit about how they don't rate him etc. Hes one of the best props in the comp. The stats back it up.

Once we lose him and replace him with your standard plodder is when the real hell is going to break loose. Fuck sake, the kennel has been hating on Tolman for years and its entirely likely we're going to end up with someone worse than him.

Spin it however makes you sleep better at night, but the reality is that losing klemmer is a huge blow.
I don’t care how talented a player is. If his heart’s not in it, not interested. A player who only thinks of his pocket will always find an excuse to play shit any morning he wakes up thinking he’s getting screwed. I’m not saying he shouldn’t look after his family, but I reckon JT would have been offered a lot more to leave Cowboys during his career if he opened the door to say Roosters or Broncos. Some players just play with the heart and value loyalty more than others. They’re the ones who become great rugby league players and will go down as the best ever, along with looking after their families

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the very least I wouldn't mind Daniel Saifiti, he is the better of the two and has an aggressive side to him. Would make for a cheap and handy replacement for Klemmer.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a man, he is a boy with no honour and his word is worthless. That's how this soy boy world is now. I have honour and morals and I'm the weird one. The fuck is an extra 100k after taxes? The kid is leaving because we got rid of his boyfriend and is dumb enough to have a piece of shit manager brainwash him.

Fkn lol Comparing football to real word jobs. Good luck breaking a contract in the real world.

A job is more than just money.
Things change in rugby rugby league. Everyone seems to want him to have all this loyalty but in the same breath trash him because he's probably annoyed that the club moved on his best mate a few months into his contract.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also can someone help me understand how the Knights are going to fit everyone under the cap?

Klemmer = $1.1 million
Pearce = $1 million
Ponga = 700k
Watson = 600k
Guerra = 500k
Glasby = 550k
Burher = 450k
Moga = 450k
SKD = 450k

Ponga will definitely ask for an upgrade within the next year and will easily get $1 million/per year, so unless the remaining 21 players in their squad are on $150k per year I don't see how they are under the cap. And I also haven't included how much they would've offered Ramien who was considered one of the top young outside backs when signed.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No man... no........ this is not about us having Klemmer's money to spend... this is about the club not being dictated to by players or by lesser clubs... I don't care if it puts us out for a season or two because if we let this happen now, then it just means we are willing to let it happen again and again
I can see how people might consider it a weak move to release a player. Gives it a feeling of being dictated to, more so by the player and acting manager. There is a risk that it could damage the Bulldogs brand / reputation.
The flip side to that is we keep the player to appear in charge and authoritative, however we continue to struggle on the field for 2 more years. The player and manager will continue to make noise over time and the Bulldogs brand is continually damaged.
I don't feel that we are being dictated to by Newcastle at all. We're in a position legally to enforce the contract if we so choose. It's Newcastle, the player and his manager that are hoping we do that for a variety of reasons.
I say rip the band aid off, let Klemmer go and set up his family for life with the ridiculous money being offered to him.
Let Newcastle put their salary cap into a position of peril while we fix ours.
We improve our squad in the positions needed and don't have to wait till 2021 to hopefully see some on field success.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also can someone help me understand how the Knights are going to fit everyone under the cap?

Klemmer = $1.1 million
Pearce = $1 million
Ponga = 700k
Watson = 600k
Guerra = 500k
Glasby = 550k
Burher = 450k
Moga = 450k
SKD = 450k

Ponga will definitely ask for an upgrade within the next year and will easily get $1 million/per year, so unless the remaining 21 players in their squad are on $150k per year I don't see how they are under the cap. And I also haven't included how much they would've offered Ramien who was considered one of the top young outside backs when signed.
It will bite them on the ass for sure a prop isn’t worth that kind of money and just wait until Klemmer is in a rep camp and hears how much someone else is getting and asks for a upgrade mid contract.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It will bite them on the ass for sure a prop isn’t worth that kind of money and just wait until Klemmer is in a rep camp and hears how much someone else is getting and asks for a upgrade mid contract.
He is being led by a greedy manager who couldn’t care about a players future.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what Ponga will think when he hears a front rower is on 400k more than him.

Apparently, the Knights are also deep into discussions with Jennings and he is on 800k as well so there has to be some dodgy business happening because Eels wouldn't pay more then 250k of that and Klemmer plus Jennings is around 1.7 million if they manage to get Parra to pay some of the contract.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Ponga will think when he hears a front rower is on 400k more than him.

Apparently, the Knights are also deep into discussions with Jennings and he is on 800k as well so there has to be some dodgy business happening because Eels wouldn't pay more then 250k of that and Klemmer plus Jennings is around 1.7 million if they manage to get Parra to pay some of the contract.
Ponga might be ok with it I’m not sure but you can guarantee one thing when his contract runs out he will be wanting more then Klemmer.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's wrong of me to comment on patients but at times it's clear that they aren't offended by the aroma they're emitting

maybe its the aroma of the beautiful food they have eaten which once digested gets expired through their sweat glands

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga might be ok with it I’m not sure but you can guarantee one thing when his contract runs out he will be wanting more then Klemmer.
Ponga still has another 3 years to go on his contract I think and he just finished 2nd in the Dally M voting and I've heard that his father is a greedy **** who loves the $$$ so im sure he will want an upgrade real soon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ponga still has another 3 years to go on his contract I think and he just finished 2nd in the Dally M voting and I've heard that his father is a greedy **** who loves the $$$ so im sure he will want an upgrade real soon.
The only reason he went to the Knights was because they gave him the biggest offer.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe its the aroma of the beautiful food they have eaten which once digested gets expired through their sweat glands
Can't argue about the food, it does come in my top 5 cuisines..but I don't get it the main spices are more subtle than garlic yet it lingers

Status
Not open for further replies.