Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hypothetical question for all you fans.

Do you boo him if he leaves, and it comes out in the wash that it was nothing more than a money chase?

He has bleed for the club and showed passion for us. I have heard someone mention that this is up there with Sonny Bill - and from an intentions point of view, that is correct. However, he did not jump on the plane in the middle of the night and not tell a soul at the club. So I do not agree with that statement.

But I can already feel a level of resentment or hatred for him if he does indeed do the dirty and trot off.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most likely yes but if it meant losing 2 average players like Holland and Fualolo (just example) to keep an international prop who hasnt even come into his prime yet and could be around for the next 10 years, what would the choice be? I know its theoretical and we may not be in a position to get rid of two players and promote two young guys on minimum wage while topping up klemmer but i just think we could be losing a club legend. All of this would be a lot easier to handle if the NRL made the clubs salary caps available to view and to see where the money is all going
It's impossible to tell without knowing numbers what I said was just a hypothetical and we just have to wait to see what happens.

A club legend doesn't hold the club to ransom either. No one held a gun to him to sign that contract.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I just hope when Klemmer goes the money that we have in the salary cap gets put to use properly. We shouldn’t just go out and buy a quick fix player. Wait a year and use the money on a hooker, halves, Centre and if Meaney is a dud then get a FB. For years we have played players out of position.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I’m as pissed as everyone else and just hope there’s a silver lining. Would you be happy if we could use his coin to sign a half decent prop (fuck all on the market) and Manu (if the poofs take Taupau) for 2019, then signed a good 9 for 2020 to replace our current hoax?

This is assuming we already have a bit to play with.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Isaac Moses is desperately trying to force the clubs hand on this one to close a deal out before the squad returns next week to training for a month before the christmas break.

Knights move closer to securing Klemmer

Newcastle have moved a step closer to signing marquee forward David Klemmer after the Kangaroos prop was formally given permission by the Bulldogs to talk to rival clubs.

The Knights put Klemmer through a medical in Sydney on Tuesday morning which he passed with flying colours and are now preparing to bring the giant prop and his young family to Newcastle to meet with club officials and show them around the city.

Knights CEO Phil Gardner confirmed the Knights’ interest in Klemmer but denied they are on the verge of signing him.

“At this stage, he is not a free agent but he has been given permission to talk to everybody,” Gardner said.

“We would love to have Mr Klemmer here at our club and we will be doing our absolute best to get him to come to the club.

But his agent now has the capacity to talk to anybody. I don’t want to get too excited because the moment he is a free agent, he is a free agent.

“Clearly, we would love to have him and we will be putting our absolute best offer to him within what we can afford.

Asked about the chances of the Bulldogs releasing Klemmer, Gardner said:

“I’m not aware of their position but if I was in their shoes, I wouldn’t want a player who did not want to be there, particularly a marquee player like Klemmer is.

“So maybe they have come to the conclusion that if he doesn’t want to be there, they don’t want him because they can spend the money better somewhere else.”

Gardner denied the Knights have already offered Klemmer $4.6 million over four years.

“He is a marquee player so his number will reflect that status,”he said.

“But that [$4.6 million] wouldn’t be what we are offering. Certainly, I don’t know where that number has come from. That number has not come from us.”

From smh
Wow ... I don't think any journo has a clue on this one.

Everyone reporting something different and contradictory.

Not only 24 hrs ago Klemmer was away on holidays for 6 weeks, and now suddenly he's at home tending to deals.

Anyone notice that David Klemmer's instagram page is actually controlled by his wife? She posts everything referring to him in third person.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Do you boo him if he leaves, and it comes out in the wash that it was nothing more than a money chase?

He has bleed for the club and showed passion for us. I have heard someone mention that this is up there with Sonny Bill - and from an intentions point of view, that is correct. However, he did not jump on the plane in the middle of the night and not tell a soul at the club. So I do not agree with that statement.

But I can already feel a level of resentment or hatred for him if he does indeed do the dirty and trot off.
Scum in my eyes, if he leaves.

Teams re-building and future is looking bright.

Maybe, maybe I could forgive him if it was roosters, storm, brisbane, i.e. a genuine premiership contender. But not for a team that's in the same position as us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that David Klemmer's instagram page is actually controlled by his wife? She posts everything referring to him in third person.
It says a lot about any man that has a joint social media account with his misses

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he wants to leave let him leave. The question is what are the board going to get out of the knights for us to be willing to release him?
There's fuck all at the Knights worth buying... hence why they have coin to spend.

Watson, Pearce or Ponga is about it.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's impossible to tell without knowing numbers what I said was just a hypothetical and we just have to wait to see what happens.

A club legend doesn't hold the club to ransom either. No one held a gun to him to sign that contract.
the silence from him has already left a bad taste in my mouth if he stays anyway. if he really loved the club he wouldve made that known by now

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get out of the 1900s mentality, its a business these days. You can't have the leading prop in Australia earning pennies and expect him to be happy about it, regardless of how he got himself to the situation. You either pay him a fair market value or prepare to say sayonara.
Shut the fuck up Isaac

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have fully supported the Board and CEO for all they have done since being in charge. I also find it very disappointing that this massive issue has not been addressed in some way. Hopefully it is addressed tonight.

I have always be a big fan of Klemmer and would be upset to see him go, but if the rumours are true and he is getting big money for the next 2 seasons, well then this may be a blessing in disguise. Also his attitude to this has also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Easy for people to say "stuff him let him rot in reserve"... but I can promise you from experience, that biting off you nose to spite your face achieves NOTHING.....
It must surely be unfolding as it is, either:-

1. Newcastle given tacit permission by Bulldogs to negotiate.

2. All bs and mediia and everyone (unfortunately including our club and Klem) loves the turmoil and conjecture. Even prepared to allow bad mouthing of Eastwood and throw him under the bus by keeping quiet like rank amateurs.

No other explanations as far as I can see?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When your at the top of the game, and you have the club over a barrel with shit future prospects are you at all surprised? If everything is so dandy why is he asking for a release?

There is absolutely nothing going for the doggies at the moment.
So you jump ship when the clubs facing adversity?

For more money

When we have none to give

Good ****

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

I would boo my lungs out. if I was running the Club he wouldn't step foot through the doors ever again, and if I was Mayor I would ban him from Belmore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can only assume the clubs silence on this is because the Members Forum is on tonight and so no need for a presser.

the silence from him has already left a bad taste in my mouth if he stays anyway. if he really loved the club he wouldve made that known by now
Klemmer's wife controls and posts on his social media, not Klem himself.

Plus they are away on holidays according to Rothfield. But Rothfields changing like the wind at the moment.

One minute on holidays for 6 weeks, next minute in Newcastle getting a medical and shown around, next minute he's getting a LOCAL medical and the Knights have come to him.

The reality is that Rothfields stories are changing because Isaac Moses is feeding him BS. In exchange for publishing this shit, Moses gives Rothfield insider info.

One thing I know is that the players are back at training next week. That is 100% confirmed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

SBW snuck out the back door

Klemmer went through the side door

Both will forever be tarnished from their club

At least SBW helped us win a championship...our last one at that

Klemmer has contributed fk all apart from greedy individual stats

Fk him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Sonny helped us win a championship

Klem fk all

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isaac Moses is desperately trying to force the clubs hand on this one to close a deal out before the squad returns next week to training for a month before the christmas break.

Wow ... I don't think any journo has a clue on this one.

Everyone reporting something different and contradictory.

Not only 24 hrs ago Klemmer was away on holidays for 6 weeks, and now suddenly he's at home tending to deals.

Moses needs to be dumped in the boot of a EB Falconn, taken to Belanglo and ass fucked by 10 African pirates

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it true that the club gave Klemmer permission to explore options outside?
As I said previously the club must of known this was comming.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trouble with all of this is that its reported that he isnt on that much to begin with so cutting him loose now just means we lose an international forward and will most likely not have enough money to replace him all because he underestimated his worth and the club signed off on a bargain deal for a player of his talent. If a player was to sign a contract that a club paid massive overs for them then nobody complains and if the club tries to get rid of them when they arent playing well then the player digs their heels in and demands their money and rightly so. But this situation is exactly the same, the club has signed klemmer to a great bargain price deal which is great for them and now he doesnt like it and wants to leave, so the club is well within their rights to make him see out his contract. I dont really think letting him go will speed things up in regards to our salary cap and the chase of better players but if it does happen i just hope the club doesnt chase a prop
nope he is on a Mill a year for next two years. all of that would be available. 1 mill will get you a decent prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.