Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How can you possibly be so black and white like that?? How is it the boards fault when you dont know anything about the situation other then what the papers are saying? i thought you were smarter then that mate.
Fair play, have a dig after the fact, but right now is just a bit rediculous.
If you want to be pissed at anyone, be pissed at klemmer
Well, it's looking legit. Usually I'm the first to call media bullshit. But this stinks too much.

Klemmer can get fucked either if he stays or goes. He could of stopped all this with a one sentence statement.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
suposedly he has been given permission to talk to rival clubs which would mean that newcastle arent doing anything wrong by making contact, whether thats true or not who knows but i just read about it on Sporting News.

"Newcastle chief executive Phil Gardner revealed the club had been in contact with his management and were actively pursuing his signature.

''At this stage, he is not a free agent but he has been given permission to talk to everybody,'' Gardner said.

''We would love to have Mr Klemmer here at our club and we will be doing our absolute best to get him to come to the club.''
If true, it's the boards first major fuck up and I'm sure the first of many. We let our best player go? Yeah, well done dickheads!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol sorry bro, forgot.

But I agree, now that it seems legit the **** is gone.
The tension is fucking killing me. I need to know from the club what is going on before I lose my shit and take it out on some random Knights fan . Still holding a slight hope our club will fix this mess.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What the club needs to weigh up is, would letting Klemmer go have a positive effect on the rebuild?
Financially- How much cap space is freed up?
How will this decision impact on our sponsors?
How will this decision impact the fan base and their financial input over 1, 2, 5 years?
1st Grade Squad - How does does Klemmer leaving / staying strengthen / weaken our squad?
If Klemmer leaves how can we improve our squad?
What impact does Klemmer leaving / staying have on enticing future signings?
Credibility- How does this decision impact the Bulldogs brand? If we force him stay despite 'personal problems' will it negatively impact the brand?
If we let him go will it weaken our brand?

There's no doubt more to it then just answering those questions, however, in simple terms, the most important thing at present for the Bulldogs board is getting the rebuild right and ensuring future success, so how does Klemmer leaving / staying impact on that?

I say let him go if it can accelerate the rebuild by 12 months or more. This is dependant on Klemmers salary cap and what positions we can strengthen and by how much if he goes. We certaintly shouldn't be releasing our only Origin and Kangaroos player if it's not justified.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The tension is fucking killing me and I need to know from the club what is going on before I lose my shit. Still holding a slight hope our club will fix this mess.
From past bending overs, I have no hope at all.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true, it's the boards first major fuck up and I'm sure the first of many. We let our best player go? Yeah, well done dickheads!
theres two trains of thought, 1 could be that management has said go have a look what your worth and then come back and tell us what other clubs think so they can get an idea of how much they would need to pay in order to keep him here or 2 they could be ripping off the bandaid and telling him if he wants to go then we dont want him here

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
theres two trains of thought, 1 could be that management has said go have a look what your worth and then come back and tell us what other clubs think so they can get an idea of how much they would need to pay in order to keep him here or 2 they could be ripping off the bandaid and telling him if he wants to go then we dont want him here
Yeah, I'm just angry. Shooting from the hip.

Would love to know the truth with all this bullshit.

If this is all part of a plan, I'll be the first to apologise to the board. Just forgot what a competent, strong board is...

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the club needs to weigh up is, would letting Klemmer go have a positive effect on the rebuild?
Financially- How much cap space is freed up?
How will this decision impact on our sponsors?
How will this decision impact the fan base and their financial input over 1, 2, 5 years?
1st Grade Squad - How does does Klemmer leaving / staying strengthen / weaken our squad?
If Klemmer leaves how can we improve our squad?
What impact does Klemmer leaving / staying have on enticing future signings?
Credibility- How does this decision impact the Bulldogs brand? If we force him stay despite 'personal problems' will it negatively impact the brand?
If we let him go will it weaken our brand?

There's no doubt more to it then just answering those questions, however, in simple terms, the most important thing at present for the Bulldogs board is getting the rebuild right and ensuring future success, so how does Klemmer leaving / staying impact on that?

I say let him go if it can accelerate the rebuild by 12 months or more. This is dependant on Klemmers salary cap and what positions we can strengthen and by how much if he goes. We certaintly shouldn't be releasing our only Origin and Kangaroos player if it's not justified.
The trouble with all of this is that its reported that he isnt on that much to begin with so cutting him loose now just means we lose an international forward and will most likely not have enough money to replace him all because he underestimated his worth and the club signed off on a bargain deal for a player of his talent. If a player was to sign a contract that a club paid massive overs for them then nobody complains and if the club tries to get rid of them when they arent playing well then the player digs their heels in and demands their money and rightly so. But this situation is exactly the same, the club has signed klemmer to a great bargain price deal which is great for them and now he doesnt like it and wants to leave, so the club is well within their rights to make him see out his contract. I dont really think letting him go will speed things up in regards to our salary cap and the chase of better players but if it does happen i just hope the club doesnt chase a prop

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok. Firstly, I don't know everything because if I did I wouldn't have looked up in google what the word "conflate" means in your post. And I'm not good at spelling either.

Secondly, Why shouldn't I conflate Anderson's success as player and coach with his current position as a director? Any reason why we can't? It's a footy club board that he's on mate, he's not on the board of one of the top 5 listed companies on the stock exchange. It's just a footy club board, and I can't think of anyone better to be on our board than Chris. His success as player & coach, his knowledge of what our club is about, his overall experience & involvement with the club and what brought it success for many years further justifies his position.

To answer your last three questions. I can't tell you because I don't know. Maybe you know more than me and can tell us all.

But let's not stray away from what was originally said. Someone posted why players don't want to come to our club(from other clubs), and you said because of Chris Anderson. That I believe is bullshit. The negative headlines about our club in the media turns off more players from coming to our club than anything else.

Then you said Chris Anderson is no genius in identifying new talent, which again is a rubbish quote that has no substance and then I gave you an example of what he thought of Lewis and Smith and what Mcdonanell thought about them. You don't have to believe that story, but that information is bang on point.

I'm not someone who takes sides, whether it's old board or new board, In all honesty I was very skeptical in the new boards campaign in the beginning. I just want what's best for the club.
There are many fans who are well known and have a voice inside the club who have agendas and side with certain power brokers inside the club because they are getting something in return(mostly perks, such as free lunches, free air fares, job for family members, tickets etc etc). This is what I don't like. I'm an honest person and I value a person who has integrity. And I believe this board has this in abundance. The directors of the footy club board don't do what they do for money. They get paid a lousy $8k a year for their expenses involving their position. I can tell you first hand that our footy club directors pay a lot of cash from their own pockets not to mention the time this gig takes up. These people have other commitments and families. We should be grateful for what they have done. I'm not going to mention any names but in the past there have been people in power at our club who have used their positons for personal gains. Some of the stuff I heard made me want to vomit.
I was skeptical of the new board in the beginning to. But you know what won me over, Lynne and Chris sitting on the hill watching our cup boys in the finals! That's real and shows that they both truely care about the club, no matter what happens at least we know they have the clubs best interest at heart

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
From past bending overs, I have no hope at all.
I hear you, we don't wield the power we once did. This is a test for us, and if Klemmer is released from his contract early it will be difficult to call ourselves a Powerhouse club anymore. More like a Shithouse one.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I say where is the NRL and why are they not commentating or investigating ?

if any of the stories are true , he had 1) TPA non-arms length so whoever was involved and player need to have sanctions
2) If he is having medical and Newcastle are chasing him then sanctions against Newcastle for approaching a player with 2 years remaining on contract
3) also the dogs have money via leagues club I would be suing Moses, Newcastle for inducement of Klemmer to break contract 4) if Klemmer is involved in this crap , dogs should banish him to ISP for rest of his 2 years .. let's see if he will be able to demand from any club 1m a year after 2 year stint in isp
Would love to see the money hungry grub rubbed out of the game for 1-2 years given he is using us as a pawn for the cash...

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If this is all part of a plan, I'll be the first to apologise to the board. Just forgot what a competent, strong board is...
i think all of us are pretty gutted, never thought klem would leave along with all the other players i always imagined would stay bulldogs and its sad to think that theres no end in sight. Would really love to see him stay but if he goes so be it nobody will ever be as big as our club itself, it just means guys like Renouf and Burr will get their chance to prove themselves which i think they deserve anyway. Just hope the club doesnt chase another prop from another club and instead gives the young guys banging down the door a go. I would be twice as pissed off if they did that. The silver lining would be that we could use his money to look at a decent half or outside back

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to leave let him leave. The question is what are the board going to get out of the knights for us to be willing to release him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just thinking out loud here but this is what I think the situation might be........

Klemmer's contract is heavily backloaded which would explain his small pay packet this year so that means we have no room to give him extra cash on the cap with out it taking a huge chunk out of the cap.

Moses has gotten in Klemmer's ear and he's taken it hook,line and sinker saying he' has been low balled even though he negotiated it himself.

The board has decided he's not worth that amount of cap space and gave him permission to talk to other clubs. The Knights take the whole amount of Klemmers back ended contract and we get left with a big amount left to play with in our cap.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here but this is what I think the situation might be........

Klemmer's contract is heavily backloaded which would explain his small pay packet this year so that means we have no room to give him extra cash on the cap with out it taking a huge chunk out of the cap.

Moses has gotten in Klemmer's ear and he's taken it hook,line and sinker saying he' has been low balled even though he negotiated it himself.

The board has decided he's not worth that amount of cap space and gave him permission to talk to other clubs. The Knights take the whole amount of Klemmers back ended contract and we get left with a big amount left to play with in our cap.
If not Mbye, his husband, balsa, must of brainwashed him.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board do need to clarify whether they have allowed him to speak to other clubs though, if not then they could be having a legal field day. Can you imagine Politis if someone was trying to sign Tedesco when he has 2 years to go on his contract? Wouldnt happen

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have fully supported the Board and CEO for all they have done since being in charge. I also find it very disappointing that this massive issue has not been addressed in some way. Hopefully it is addressed tonight.

I have always been a big fan of Klemmer and would be upset to see him go, but if the rumours are true and he is getting big money for the next 2 seasons, well then this may be a blessing in disguise. Also his attitude to this has also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Easy for people to say "stuff him let him rot in reserve"... but I can promise you from experience, that biting off you nose to spite your face achieves NOTHING.....

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most likely yes but if it meant losing 2 average players like Holland and Fualolo (just example) to keep an international prop who hasnt even come into his prime yet and could be around for the next 10 years, what would the choice be? I know its theoretical and we may not be in a position to get rid of two players and promote two young guys on minimum wage while topping up klemmer but i just think we could be losing a club legend. All of this would be a lot easier to handle if the NRL made the clubs salary caps available to view and to see where the money is all going

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No leadership shown by the CEO or board
Thought lessons may have been learnt from Mad Monday

Our club have turned into pussies, bowing down to NRL and happily strengthening every opposition team roster whilst gaining shit

Status
Not open for further replies.