Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people want to continually blame Des for everything, Klemmers situation is 100% real..

I just a read a sms I received after midnight as a reply from a current board member ..we would not be in this position re Klemmer if the current board addressed TPA issues..

The TPA issue in general is murky, but the club refused to deal & address this issue with Klemmer when his management brought it up months ago.. The club letting Woods go blew the situation up, as Klemmer offered to take a paycut to keep his best mate here..

Forget salary cap the main reason Woods was let go was because he was signed by the previous admin.. the current admin want to build success with their own recruits and doing it their way, & letting Woods go was seen as killing 2 birds as it also helped gain political points by blaming salary cap management..

Add to all of this those incharge of our club dont want anything to do with TPAs unlike most other clubs who have a system of people who deal with it at an 'armslengths away from the club' ..

There are many issues going on at moment, and with our best and most popular player and only current Australian rep wanting out, you can only imagine what effect it has on team morale..

I dont have much faith in much of what is going on at moment at our club.. other clubs are building towards premierships, we let talented players leave & now our very best wants out..

And we have a rookie coach & rookie admin to deal with it all..
If this is true they are not very clever in not wanting to use tpas its an advantage that every club needs

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no defending the indefensible,
Strong clubs don't loose their best player like this, ever.
This is an epic fail by the CEO and perhaps board.
This is going to hurt for a while.

Klemmer is gone... the club already has its chance to sort this out and bottled it!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? Anderson is no genius? Is that why he picked out Lewis and Reimis as future first graders way before round 1 of the season.
Warren Macdonnell told Anderson they had no future at the club. Anderson turns around and says he thinks Lewis is a natural footballer and one to keep. Anderson goes on to further add that he thinks Reimis Smith is a type of player that will excel playing in first grade with good players around him. Macdonall never rated them. But hey, let's just put shit on a two premiership winning coach and ex Australian Test Coach because his surname is Anderson and some on here don't like the Andersons.
Oh and to think that Bullfrog would of spent years in Anderson's ear mentoring him and the hours of footy talk that would of went on between the two considering he was his son in law. Let's not mention the fact Anderson had to rebuild the club from the big 80's era hangover we had after featuring in 5 GF's and winning 4. We were a basket case when Anderson took over in 1990 when we had about 8 players leave the club. In a few years Anderson took us to back to back minor premierships in 93 & 94 and won the premiership in 95 after featuring in back to back GF's in 94 & 95. He built a team of no bodies from scratch. But hey Anderson is no genius in identifying new talent right?

We need people like Anderson at the club right now.
We need Mark Hughes recruiting for us. We need these people at our club.
They have been tried and tested, they are bulldog people who were invloved in Canterbury's success over the last 40 years in some way, shape or form.
Just like Folkesy, they are Canterbury and they are part of the very fabric of our club whether you like it or not.
Please do note conflate Anderson's success as a player and coach which is unquestionably a proud history to his current position as a director.

Your first line is the job of the coach and the coaching staff.

As you know everything obviously, can you tell me what the current player group think about Anderson's involvement? About the current board's complete lack of interest in TPAs? What they think about Klemmer walking before pre-season.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people want to continually blame Des for everything, Klemmers situation is 100% real..

I just a read a sms I received after midnight as a reply from a current board member ..we would not be in this position re Klemmer if the current board addressed TPA issues..

The TPA issue in general is murky, but the club refused to deal & address this issue with Klemmer when his management brought it up months ago.. The club letting Woods go blew the situation up, as Klemmer offered to take a paycut to keep his best mate here..

Forget salary cap the main reason Woods was let go was because he was signed by the previous admin.. the current admin want to build success with their own recruits and doing it their way, & letting Woods go was seen as killing 2 birds as it also helped gain political points by blaming salary cap management..

Add to all of this those incharge of our club dont want anything to do with TPAs unlike most other clubs who have a system of people who deal with it at an 'armslengths away from the club' ..

There are many issues going on at moment, and with our best and most popular player and only current Australian rep wanting out, you can only imagine what effect it has on team morale..

I dont have much faith in much of what is going on at moment at our club.. other clubs are building towards premierships, we let talented players leave & now our very best wants out..

And we have a rookie coach & rookie admin to deal with it all..
There is no doubt in my mind the current board have milked the salary cap mess for all its worth as our best player who now wants out wasn’t even getting paid that much. Foran is the only one on big money and we have literally no stars. Your explanation actually makes sense and proves that greediness will set us back another 5 years. The current board are just as incompetent as the previous and should all be kicked out as we are well on our way to becoming the eels/tigers/knights of the comp

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck it let him go. He isnt worth that much money. Release him and replace him with someone cheap like Merrin or Tamou. Forget Tapau he wants too much money. That clear space in the cap needs to be invested in the backline. Plus we have Renouf and Orgden coming though.

Hopefully we get rid of Foran as well. That would mean we have a shit load of cap space. Tamou/Merrin replace Klemmer. Id replace Foran with Mitchell Moses. That would leave us with some money to purchase a gun centre maybe Dylan Walker. We also need a fullback. Which decent fullbacks are out there that arent tied up to other clubs? Maybe we make a play for DWZ from pentih offer him fullback money they have dylan edwards.
Eb not a word in your post i agree with you are suggesting we buy all has been players well past there best

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck it let him go. He isnt worth that much money. Release him and replace him with someone cheap like Merrin or Tamou. Forget Tapau he wants too much money. That clear space in the cap needs to be invested in the backline. Plus we have Renouf and Orgden coming though.

Hopefully we get rid of Foran as well. That would mean we have a shit load of cap space. Tamou/Merrin replace Klemmer. Id replace Foran with Mitchell Moses. That would leave us with some money to purchase a gun centre maybe Dylan Walker. We also need a fullback. Which decent fullbacks are out there that arent tied up to other clubs? Maybe we make a play for DWZ from pentih offer him fullback money they have dylan edwards.
You lost me at Merrin or Tamou

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no defending the indefensible,
Strong clubs don't loose their best player like this, ever.
This is an epic fail by the CEO and perhaps board.
This is going to hurt for a while.

Klemmer is gone... the club already has its chance to sort this out and bottled it!
How do you know Gabe, has Lyn or Dave talked to you personally?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind the current board have milked the salary cap mess for all its worth as our best player who now wants out wasn’t even getting paid that much. Foran is the only one on big money and we have literally no stars. Your explanation actually makes sense and proves that greediness will set us back another 5 years. The current board are just as incompetent as the previous and should all be kicked out as we are well on our way to becoming the eels/tigers/knights of the comp
Kick the current board out and replace them with who? Everyone has their agenda in this. We actually had a very low number of TPAs even when Dib was on the board and all of a sudden there’s this narrative that he’s the king of TPAs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because you think you have an ideal replacement for Klem does not mean they will definitely sign with us should David leave. Besides, pretty much none of the names being tossed up come close to having a similar impact

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm

two things
1) Klemm is a player that plays on heart and emotion. If he wants out, and if staying he plays without that emotion he will have very little impact.
2) If Newcastle want us to release him... well that is a problem. We wanted Cogger early and they said F off.

So what does that mean? Dunno but not happy times atm. Either way we be fucked.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kick the current board out and replace them with who? Everyone has their agenda in this. We actually had a very low number of TPAs even when Dib was on the board and all of a sudden there’s this narrative that he’s the king of TPAs.
Not sure mate, but this is most certainly an epic fail by the current board as it makes complete sense that Klemmer has brought up his grievances to them in the past and they did not take quick enough action. Yes, his manager is milking this through the media to apply pressure for a release so he can get his cut but this should’ve been sorted the very first time Klemmer approached them. I’m sure we can agree we could’ve given Crichton or Sue’s entire salary to Klem as an upgrade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure mate, but this is most certainly an epic fail by the current board as it makes complete sense that Klemmer has brought up his grievances to them in the past and they did not take quick enough action. Yes, his manager is milking this through the media to apply pressure for a release so he can get his cut but this should’ve been sorted the very first time Klemmer approached them. I’m sure we can agree we could’ve given Crichton or Sue’s entire salary to Klem as an upgrade.
It doesn't add up there has to be more to it because I can't understand why they wouldn't just upgrade Klemmer as well. I'd have preferred if we didn't buy CHN as we are well stoked in the back row and used that money.

I'm not sure we will ever hear the full story but I'm holding off blaming anyone just yet until all the info comes out.

Last edited:

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck foran off to manly. Bump klem up to 750k per year. Tell him to stfu and play
I don’t think klem would still wanna play even if he gets 750k, the knights offer is too good to say no. I reckon he’s head at Newcastle already.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically in a nutshell he wants more money. He signed a 4 year deal at 550K a season. He negotiated his own deal on his own with no manager. He fucked up and sold himself short, and now wants more money.

Mate, you fucked up, you can’t blame the club, you can’t blame management. You can only blame yourself. Don’t pull the personal reasons card out, some of us have real issues you know. Management have every right to say, no release, you have a contract. Don’t upgrade him. If he wants to walk after that. Fuck him. Direct him to Georgalis’ office and say he’s your coach next year. Deal with it mate. You signed the contract that you wanted. Not the clubs fault you fucked up.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Undeniably

But we need someone who is moulded in his image, for a new era of his style

A Bulldog. Someone who knew him.

Someone smart. Articulate.

Someone who is pissed off. And who has also seen enough.

There can be many names thrown around, and it might stay a fantasy but surely it is possible?

Baa? Maybe not
Steve Price even?
Any of the Hughes Brothers?
Tunksy?

Surely this era ends soon, on OUR terms?
Does the name Lynn Anderson ring a bell? Don't worry to much. We're in good hands.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please do note conflate Anderson's success as a player and coach which is unquestionably a proud history to his current position as a director.

Your first line is the job of the coach and the coaching staff.

As you know everything obviously, can you tell me what the current player group think about Anderson's involvement? About the current board's complete lack of interest in TPAs? What they think about Klemmer walking before pre-season.
Ok. Firstly, I don't know everything because if I did I wouldn't have looked up in google what the word "conflate" means in your post. And I'm not good at spelling either.

Secondly, Why shouldn't I conflate Anderson's success as player and coach with his current position as a director? Any reason why we can't? It's a footy club board that he's on mate, he's not on the board of one of the top 5 listed companies on the stock exchange. It's just a footy club board, and I can't think of anyone better to be on our board than Chris. His success as player & coach, his knowledge of what our club is about, his overall experience & involvement with the club and what brought it success for many years further justifies his position.

To answer your last three questions. I can't tell you because I don't know. Maybe you know more than me and can tell us all.

But let's not stray away from what was originally said. Someone posted why players don't want to come to our club(from other clubs), and you said because of Chris Anderson. That I believe is bullshit. The negative headlines about our club in the media turns off more players from coming to our club than anything else.

Then you said Chris Anderson is no genius in identifying new talent, which again is a rubbish quote that has no substance and then I gave you an example of what he thought of Lewis and Smith and what Mcdonanell thought about them. You don't have to believe that story, but that information is bang on point.

I'm not someone who takes sides, whether it's old board or new board, In all honesty I was very skeptical in the new boards campaign in the beginning. I just want what's best for the club.
There are many fans who are well known and have a voice inside the club who have agendas and side with certain power brokers inside the club because they are getting something in return(mostly perks, such as free lunches, free air fares, job for family members, tickets etc etc). This is what I don't like. I'm an honest person and I value a person who has integrity. And I believe this board has this in abundance. The directors of the footy club board don't do what they do for money. They get paid a lousy $8k a year for their expenses involving their position. I can tell you first hand that our footy club directors pay a lot of cash from their own pockets not to mention the time this gig takes up. These people have other commitments and families. We should be grateful for what they have done. I'm not going to mention any names but in the past there have been people in power at our club who have used their positons for personal gains. Some of the stuff I heard made me want to vomit.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To all the deluded, non-english reading, brain dead, blinded pork chops on the kennel

David Klemmer is not on 400,500,550k per season.

David Klemmer, along with Moses Mbye & Josh Jackson were re-signed on 4 year - $3m dollar contracts, by the previous board.

I will repeat it again for the deluded, non-english reading, brain dead, blinded pork chops on the kennel

David Klemmer, along with Moses Mbye & Josh Jackson were re-signed on 4 year - $3m dollar contracts, by the previous board.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To all the deluded, non-english reading, brain dead, blinded pork chops on the kennel

I will repeat it again for the deluded, non-english reading, brain dead, blinded pork chops on the kennel

Spot on Craystar!

Klemmer is on massive overs for 2019 & 2020. He's back ended big time!
He's whinging about the handshake third party deal that Dib promised him and that Klemmer never got.
There was a lot of smoke about Klemmer being disgruntled that he hasn't got his TPA's while Dib and Co were still in power.

Well guess what Mr Klemmer, next time don't make handshake deals with the devil. It's got to be on paper mate. Still, contracts on paper doesn't mean much these days anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.