2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So the greatest expert of all time thinks the centres are all OK. I think they are a mess.
Please tell us who are the centres for 2019?
2018 was a very disrupted campaign, hopefully we have a more settled backline and the defence should much more solid.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If hoppa is too slow for centre u dont put the bloke on the wing. When he was playing centre this year he was only person to break the line get an offload away so we could score. Apart from him we had nothing. Holland at right centre over hoppa. Please god help us.
You can absolutely put Hoppa on the wing. And Holland created plenty at centre for us a let in no more than we previously were before having him there.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney will get first go at fullback. I would like to see Holland and CHN in the centres. Hoppa is just to slow to be effective.
yea.. and gotta keep the Hollan/Smith combo I reckon

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes me get a pain in the balls all this talk about who is going to play centre or Hoppa being too slow at fullback or other positions in the backline.
When we still have Michael Lichaa at 9.
With Lichaa at 9 we go nowhere good.
He has played 4 pathetically bad seasons in a row and somehow still survives??

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes me get a pain in the balls all this talk about who is going to play centre or Hoppa being too slow at fullback or other positions in the backline.
When we still have Michael Lichaa at 9.
With Lichaa at 9 we go nowhere good.
He has played 4 pathetically bad seasons in a row and somehow still survives??
No one has benefitted more from Haslers regime then Lichaa, Hasler wouldn't drop him for three seasons and then Lichaa used Hasler as the excuse to his poor performances and was able to con the club into giving him another 2-year deal.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one has benefitted more from Haslers regime then Lichaa, Hasler wouldn't drop him for three seasons and then Lichaa used Hasler as the excuse to his poor performances and was able to con the club into giving him another 2-year deal.
Foran and trex did ok from des at least lichha isnt on much $$

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel like the 2019 season will be one of the most important in recent Bulldogs history, bigger than this year even though we have seen mass changes this season.

2019 will determine:

1. We will find out if Lewis is really the man we can build our team around, even after some strong performances this year he didn't exactly get tested much from opposition defenders and it will be exciting to see how he copes.
2. Will Meaney step up and be the long-term fullback the club has been crying out for the past 5 years, if not then we will be back to square one.
3. How we replace the Moz twins, especially Jmoz who has been a mainstay in the team for a decade.
4. Is Foran going to make it through the season? If not will Cogger step up and prove he is the long-term solution with Lewis?
5. Who will Pay go with in the backrow, could we potentially lose one of RFM or Elliot if they don't get enough game time or will next season be Martin's last in the blue/white considering he is off contract at the end of 2019 and won't stick around if hes not in the team.
6. Will Ogden and To'omaga make the step up and fill their potentials and be mainstays in the team for the next few years?
7. How will Wakeham fair in ISP, the club has big raps on him but will he be able to cope with bigger guys running at him?
8. Obviously, we will be chasing some quality hookers next year and will be interesting on who we land.

Depending on how Pay and the club deals with the above will determine if the club will be in position to start challenging for the title again or not.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya of 2017 is a gun. Montoya of 2018 not so much. Let’s hope Montoya of 2019 is what he delievered in 2017 which I’m sure he is more than capable of. No doubting he’s got the talent.
But his positional skill in defence is abismal maybe he is not suited for wing.?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh i'd probably rather Hoppa on the wing also. His lack of acceleration and agility is just too much of an issue for me at fullback while on the wing he can sort of manage it with some well timed runs and relying on his strength and step to beat players. His finishing is great if it's still what it used to be, his great in the air offensively and defensively, strong ball runner capable of an offload and is a smart player. Could work but i doubt Pay will entertain the idea. Harper definitely looks the most promising back we have coming through atm.
Harper is 19 he would be demoralised in the top grade at the moment, he is a good year away. He knows it so should you and everyone else

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut our losses i reckon , pay him out, let him sit in the stand and get a real hooker in, one that can pass and think. AS WELL AS TACKLE.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harper is 19 he would be demoralised in the top grade at the moment, he is a good year away. He knows it so should you and everyone else
Agreed he needs more time in nsw cup i reckon hell

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wont happen but dean needs renouf to be starting prop with klem

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just putting it out there- is the idea of Lewis playing centre totally dead and buried? It’s the only way Cogger fits into the side.....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once we sort out our cap shit, I really do hope we can set standards of those who play for first grade for the Dogs.. I don't want to see a situation again for a long time where the likes of JMK are walk up starts every week.. that bloke would never have seen first grade at a club like the Storm or Roosters (even though they are cap cheats) but you get the gist... basically we don't want to be a Parra or Tigers