Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger very average you’d think purely backup for when foran is injured

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney is good under the high ball at least lol, but yes.. what everyone else said.. lots to learn before FG ready.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both not FG ready...

Both need to develop and learn their trade in reserves
Nothing wrong with that.

I think we’ll see Meaney add some muscle up top in the off season, which would make him more formidable than he is right now.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still green.
Not everyone can start first grade like Lewis.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meany looks good enough at the back even with today's game. Cogger not so much and that has been well known.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger is a first reciever... plays shit and doesn't know what to do when playing second fiddle to a dominant Pearce.
We have to remember that when he is in our 17 he will be halfback, he may not set the world on fire, but his form would certainly be better than what we saw today.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cogger is a first reciever... plays shit and doesn't know what to do when playing second fiddle to a dominant Pearce.
We have to remember that when he is in our 17 he will be halfback, he may not set the world on fire, but his form would certainly be better than what we saw today.
His best game was actually playing as second receiver a few weeks back. Lewis looks far better as a halfback anyway at this stage.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His best game was actually playing as second receiver a few weeks back. Lewis looks far better as a halfback anyway at this stage.
ive found that watching him closely that he is better at 1st receiver, engages the line and always draws a defender before hitting the right option.
His best game was against Parra in round 13 when he was wearing the 7 and Pearce wasnt in the side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
ive found that watching him closely that he is better at 1st receiver, engages the line and always draws a defender before hitting the right option.
His best game was against Parra in round 13 when he was wearing the 7 and Pearce wasnt in the side.
Don't entirely agree. He looks more comfortable at first receiver but his creativity is extremely underwhelming from there. Atleast at 2nd receiver he could play some nice short balls to his backrowers or go out the back. Either way i don't see much from him, Lewis can pretty much do what he does but better and i'd rather him on the ball more.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa fb foran lewis havles. meaney cooger nsw cup. Holland gets one centre spot we need another centre hopefully manu.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't entirely agree. He looks more comfortable at first receiver but his creativity is extremely underwhelming from there. Atleast at 2nd receiver he could play some nice short balls to his backrowers or go out the back. Either way i don't see much from him, Lewis can pretty much do what he does but better and i'd rather him on the ball more.
yeah i agree with that... his short passing game is his best asset. I still want him to be given first crack at 7 but this is only if he rectifies his kicking game (especially long range) then he can play a Hodkinson type role and allow Lewis to shine without all the extra pressure he will definitely receive after off season video. I guess all this is irrelevant if we have to play Foran :/

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cogger will probably go better than Foran.

Young players have progressed under Pay. I'd rather see us recruit young talent than sign big money flops.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay didnt buy them to massage his feet bud....... of course hes going to fucking play them. I reckon yez are judging them 2 hard. Im not sure exactly how u learn to play first grade in reserve grade. Im not sure why where even got a thread about this 6 months away before next season starts and again after pay has showed us the direction he is trying to take, and where already upset with him because of something that is obviosly going to happen..... and where whinging already.... give it... and dean a break boys. Anyone thinking or hoping he wont give the 2 new recruits a run at some stage is highly fucking dellusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.