We’re short on second rowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol, all seriousness what are we doing and why are we signing so many second rowers when our CTW and Hooker stocks are so low? How are we going to rotate Jacko, Martin, RFM, Elliott, Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso Sue? All of those blokes can play 60 minutes and there’s five of them between two positions. I could see Jacko or Elliott playing lock, but still seems a little strange. 4 year deal is a massive commitment too for CHN, and I doubt he’s the answer in the centers. Thoughts? If we don’t sign Segeyaro, I hope Woolford gets a crack.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah CHN on a 4 year deal is not what we needed. Good player but we already have two 80 minute backrowers who can't defend in RM12 and RFM.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep too many 2nd rowers.

I honestly don’t think dean has plans to buy moz replacements. I reckon dean will just put crichton on the wing and pair him with marcelo. Hoppa will start at fb. Meaney will start in cup.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t see the hype in RFM tbh. He’s good when on. But still drops the ball a lot and fitness. Would much rather him come off the bench.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuck the forwards we need playmakers we dont need to spend a mill on someone who plays 50 mins

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t see the hype in RFM tbh. He’s good when on. But still drops the ball a lot and fitness. Would much rather him come off the bench.
Just described CHN too lol

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sue and Elliot will play in the middle, and maybe even Jackson.

Elliot shouldn’t make first grade with these new signings

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You forgot Chris Smith and Ogden as well.

Quite a few going to be playing NSW Cup next year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
C Smith will be in FG too.

I think Sue will be used as a prop.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
3. CHN

11. Elliot
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. C Smith
15. Sue

?

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
3. CHN

11. Elliot
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. C Smith
15. Sue

?
CHN underwhelming in the centres, much better in the backrow. I would have Elliott in the middle at 13 and Jacko on the edge, he's shown that he has the offload and passing game to be one of the best second rowers in the comp Jacko, wouldn't make sense to put him back in the middle.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
You forgot Chris Smith and Ogden as well.

Quite a few going to be playing NSW Cup next year.
I rate Chris Smith as a second rower as well, he runs hard. I like Ogden in the middle more than on an edge. We could also use Sue in the middle. Regardless, Jackson, RFM, Martin, and CHN are all edge players that are capable of 60+ minutes. Not sure I like the long-term commitment to CHN when we have strong depth in the back row. Much prefer us to go out and target a Joseph Manu or another talented young centre/winger.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
CHN underwhelming in the centres, much better in the backrow. I would have Elliott in the middle at 13 and Jacko on the edge, he's shown that he has the offload and passing game to be one of the best second rowers in the comp Jacko, wouldn't make sense to put him back in the middle.
I just want JJ to have free roam to inject himself where he is needed, left right and centre.

Plus at 5/8th when he wants lol

I just want the best players on the field putting in 100% effort, don't really care where on the field.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean Pay has been adamant about having competition at every position to create a hungry and competitive culture within the club, and I can't help but feel like that's one of the reasons why he is stacking the forward pack. I think with Rhyse Martin and CHN having experience in the centres, he can use them out there if need be. But I think one of his biggest priorities is ensuring that everyone is fighting for a spot at their position so that they're playing hard every week.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just want JJ to have free roam to inject himself where he is needed, left right and centre.

Plus at 5/8th when he wants lol
I don't think he's that creative tbh, I think he's elite at defending an edge and putting pressure on his opposing number with his hard running and short passing game. When he's locked in on the edge he's very tough to defend and usually wins that one on one battle. With Holland and Smith outside him, we've seen our right edge turn into one of the better attacking edges in the competition over the last month. Add Kieran Foran inside him rather than Frawley/JMK and I think that's the move. Then use Elliott and RFM in the middle to wear down the opposing pack with their hard running style. I agree that RFM drops the ball quite a bit, but if his job is to simply come off the bench and try to break the game open in the middle I think he can be an X factor.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think he's that creative tbh, I think he's elite at defending an edge and putting pressure on his opposing number with his hard running and short passing game. When he's locked in on the edge he's very tough to defend and usually wins that one on one battle. With Holland and Smith outside him, we've seen our right edge turn into one of the better attacking edges in the competition over the last month. Add Kieran Foran inside him rather than Frawley/JMK and I think that's the move. Then use Elliott and RFM in the middle to wear down the opposing pack with their hard running style. I agree that RFM drops the ball quite a bit, but if his job is to simply come off the bench and try to break the game open in the middle I think he can be an X factor.
Not creative? Haven't you noticed his passing, it's on point. He is a smart player, he can read the game well.

But would love to see a full strength team and what they can and can't do. I just hope Foran stays fit tbh.

Can't wait for 2019 now.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not creative? Haven't you noticed his passing, it's on point. He is a smart player, he can read the game well.

But would love to see a full strength team and what they can and can't do. I just hope Foran stays fit tbh.

Can't wait for 2019 now.
Mate he's much better on an edge, having a good passing game and creativity are two completely different things. He's developing a short passing game on the edge reading overlaps, I think he's better off there. In the middle, a more one-dimensional player like Elliott would be better suited to do the dirty work and get us meters, while Jacko creates scoring opportunities linking up with Smith and Holland on the right edge.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sue and Elliot will play in the middle, and maybe even Jackson.

Elliot shouldn’t make first grade with these new signings
Elliott's been one of our better players over this 4/5 run. He's working hard and giving it 100% every week. Love watching him, what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with his workhorse mentality and his heart.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate he's much better on an edge, having a good passing game and creativity are two completely different things. He's developing a short passing game on the edge reading overlaps, I think he's better off there. In the middle, a more one-dimensional player like Elliott would be better suited to do the dirty work and get us meters, while Jacko creates scoring opportunities linking up with Smith and Holland on the right edge.
Not arguing bro, I'm a fan of JJ and want him on the field for 80 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.