Will a Lewis-Foran combo work next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be a very dangerous combo if Foran is fit an healthy an ready to go an give one more good year and go out with a BANG..!!!

Very interesting indeed.

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran is finished.

Wont be able to bend down to polish Lewis' boots let alone run onto the field.

Really looking forward to Kimmorley working with Lewis next season

Cant wait to see the back of the most overpaid signing in the history of our club gone.
Is Kimmorley coming back as an assistant coach ? I haven't read anything about it

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
02. Christian Crichton
03. Patrick Herbert
04. Will Hopaote
05. Reimis Smith
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Keiran Foran
08. Aidan Tolman
09. James Segeyaro
10. David Klemmer
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Adam Elliott
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Lachlan Burr
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
If Lewis is allowed to play his natural game then it would work. Foran doesn't take enough ownership and that's the problem

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as Lewis is the dominant half then Foran will be fine and together could be potentially dangerous

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran is finished.

Wont be able to bend down to polish Lewis' boots let alone run onto the field.

Really looking forward to Kimmorley working with Lewis next season

Cant wait to see the back of the most overpaid signing in the history of our club gone.
Kimmorley?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think both will cause all sorts of trouble for teams. They both play similar game styles, taking the ball deep into the line and trying to create overlaps before offloading.

Imagine two Lewis's on field. Both sides of the field will be copping it as they go deep into the line.

Whoever the fullback next season is, they better put on their running shoes because there will be heaps of sniffing around for offloads to be done.

What I find interesting is whenever something positive about Foran is mentioned, there is about 3-5 users who always arrive (duplicate accounts), and comment bagging Foran out (it's really obvious too). I just don't understand why they bother.. but surely have something personal against the bloke.
Mate some of us are optimistic, some of us are realistic and of course some are pessimistic, lets not forget that RL is a cut throat business.
(1) With Foran, the optimistic ones are living in fantasyland based on his form many years ago.
(2) The realistic ones live in the HOPE that he might come good again,but judging on his last few years I'd say their hope is based on their love for our club alone.
(3) The pessimistic ones have given up hope on him completely, and are annoyed that he is taking up valuable cap space.
For me I hope he comes good but if he doesn't then hopefully he will be paid via insurance.
I want our club to be on equal footing with other clubs in regards to the salary cap, because currently our clubs available cap would probably be $2M under other clubs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Foran don't want to see him don the blue and white again.
Im happy for Cogger to come in and wear the 7, he seems like a Hokdinson type 7 (pre injuries). He will partner well with Lewis as he wont try overplay his hand and hog the ball (eg M.Moses and C.Normans issues), he will just get us to where we need to be and let the Prince do the rest.

* also a big reason for me wanting Foran gone is because we will never get value for money out of his deal

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was my favourite player for many years, but he's past his usefulness.

He's not a halfback. Lewis isn't a halfback.

Lewis is basically a younger version of Foran. He has a massive future but not playing alongside Foran. He needs someone else to partner with.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What compels people to have duplicate accounts? Do they agree with themselves? HA
I think many herald back to the days when Kennel Kash was around, and so created more accounts to get more Kash to buy user account things.

Glad it's gone imho, and now with the new forum software, duplicates show up heaps easily.

It's either that or a bunch of blokes in a share house all using the same mobile internet connection, and the same slang name for Foran.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran stays fit I'm excited about what they could do. Lewis has a big boot which will take a lot of pressure off Foran.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
02. Christian Crichton
03. Patrick Herbert
04. Will Hopaote
05. Reimis Smith
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Keiran Foran
08. Aidan Tolman
09. James Segeyaro
10. David Klemmer
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Adam Elliott
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Lachlan Burr
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Lachlan Burr?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have very little faith in Foran. After a decent enough start, his game went south quick. Was ridiculously underinvolved and a huge liability in defence. I think we’d be better off playing a young half beside him. Even Hoppa would be more useful in the halves if Meaney is good enough to land the fullback gig. Foran can’t do anything that Hoppa couldn’t do better, these days. I know he’s not a natural half, but he has ball skills, would be more involved and Foran can’t kick, anyway. I honestly think Foran’s broken. We probably have forwards who would do a better job in the halves than him these days.

If he proves me wrong, I’ll be first to admit it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I just don’t think his body is up to it anymore.

Still have faith in this team though. I think we can push for the 8. We don’t need Foran. If he does play well next year, it’s a completely unexpected bonus for me. He’s been shit for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.