Bulldogs plan to cover loss of Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
This fucken media whore need to shut the fuck up and worry about his own game.
Lol
“Step up and be a leader”
Lol. Please.
Why be a negative **** , this kid may have some errors in him but he hits the line hard and a has crack , that’s all I can ask for as a fan , what the fuck do you want , half the team is gone or injured , he’s just stating the obvious , take it easy for fucks sake , I bet you wouldn’t stand in front of him on the field and talk shit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why be a negative **** , this kid may have some errors in him but he hits the line hard and a has crack , that’s all I can ask for as a fan , what the fuck do you want , half the team is gone or injured , he’s just stating the obvious , take it easy for fucks sake , I bet you wouldn’t stand in front of him on the field and talk shit
I think he just means....

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I think he just means....

I get that , but the club puts the guys in front of the media , I’m sure he ain’t putting his hand up , who’d want to , especially now , He’s one fella who expresses his love of the club , it’s been a **** of few years , let’s get around the lads rather than bag em to no end , it’s the previous front office who need the public flogging

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anybody who wants a shot to wear our jersey should be given a chance in this written-off season.
Agreed, but as long as promoted players are given a few games against different styles.

Since 2016 grand final, 2 major new styles have been developed, the 3-4 pass heavy spine shifts and the double roaming five-eight (includes fullback + halves). Some teams (Souths,Storm,Cronulla and Easts) implement them during various stages of the game, whilst others (Bulldogs,Parra and Titans) have solely persisted with edge and middle channel attack.

Some players struggle against some styles (especially forwards), whilst others excel. So much so, that coaches are experimenting with selecting specific players in certain positions and a bench to oppose these style variations, similar to European soccer managers.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably start play 10 mins then get garbage time towards end of the game then banished to Reserve Grade ala Toomaga
Hope not, if that happens best leave him in ISP instead of crushing him.
Confidence is huge for promoted young players.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We do have young players in 20s like Kayne Kalache looks a good prospect ??? I do think we are building from the ground up .

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our system has always played young forwards in short stints early in there f/g careers .SonnyBill for an example.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scatter gun approach aye.... pick and hope....

Every week i am just deflated

I want to see consistency in his selections and an actual game plan , FFS anything, throw shapes at the defence , make them work, work over a spot player relentlessly, line speed on d ....at this point I will take a ‘mouse trap’ move from the 90s

FML
Maybe he has sat them down and told them all they will be getting transitioned in and out to give as many of em a taste of first grade as he can this year as quite a few of them will be all playing first grade next year. Seems logical to me its what id do. Has to put em back to reserve grade cause he dont want the young blokes too use to losing. Chance of win back there to keep there confidence going and been playing off lewis, maybe pay has always wanted to get lewis in first grade but rules aloud him not to.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want him to shut up and play football.
The guy is average, at best and until he shows some consistency, he should concentrate on his own game and worry less about being a “leader”
BTW, I’d have no problem telling him that to his face.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really have no idea what discussions pay has with his up and coming young players so its a bit unfair to sit here and assume. A coach that has a bit of success with young players and young players leaving there club to come play under him. I just think hes giving them all a go in a lost season. Show them the pase of first grade and giving them things to work on in there game. Then give another couple a taste for a couple of weeks. So on

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My immediate in-laws (mother, sisters and brother in law) are scum motherfuckers, but the extended in-laws are pretty cool.
I sometimes wonder why some in-laws are so hostile from the start. Mine wouldn't even talk to me until I graduated, even then, they looked down on me because I was just a junior solicitor. I become a barrister, they have a dig "why I'm not a senior counsel", after that, "why I'm not a judge". Jesus Christ would fall short for this mob.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our system has always played young forwards in short stints early in there f/g careers .SonnyBill for an example.
Spot on bro,it worked in the past. I guess it's worth trying same system to see if it's still applicable to the modern game.Examples of other successful players that went through similar paths were Langmack in 1983 and Gillespie in 1984.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This fucken media whore need to shut the fuck up and worry about his own game.
Lol
“Step up and be a leader”
Lol. Please.
Another imposter robbing the club of decent salary cap space. The oxygen thief needs to go along with Woods and Mbye and hopefully take Tillman, Montoya and the rest of the deadwood with him.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Except that in 67 mins of play he has made 5 errors. How long would you keep him going at that rate in FG. The bloke hasn't aimed up and doesn't deserve his spot at the moment. He is at best a lower order benchie. Tells you something if they are bringing Smith in who has played less games than him to have a go.
Besides the 5 errors you rightfully mentioned, he's a snail around the ruck, his defensive slide is terrible and for a big bloke he has issues wrapping up the ball carrier. A good half would isolate him and pile heaps of points in 67 minutes. I might be wrong but I don't think he has any impact to come off the bench in 1st grade.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder why some in-laws are so hostile from the start. Mine wouldn't even talk to me until I graduated, even then, they looked down on me because I was just a junior solicitor. I become a barrister, they have a dig "why I'm not a senior counsel", after that, "why I'm not a judge". Jesus Christ would fall short for this mob.
Fuck em bro. As long as you look after your misses and kids who gives a fuck what they think.

Mine are most likely jealous of my work effort and the rewards that come with it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I want him to shut up and play football.
The guy is average, at best and until he shows some consistency, he should concentrate on his own game and worry less about being a “leader”
BTW, I’d have no problem telling him that to his face.
What pisses me off about him is that you can see he has potential but hardly lives up to it.

I would gladly say that to his face too.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 years we should be top 4 threatening for the premiership. Obviously our juniors need to get smart real quick and we need to recruit well but this club don't lay down for too long. Even at this disgraceful time we still look strong and our footy team is worrying premiership contenders on field. We'll be alright.
Next year if we get to the grand final from top 4 or win the minor premiership in Jersey Flegg, our future will look good, history is a testament to this. Since 1969 we have always planned for the future. Last six years were out of character, but like you said "this club don't lay down for too long". We can arm wrestle and battle on, but we can't score points or put teams to the sword.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods played well tonight, what a surprise.. one week away from our 'loser culture' as somebody put it

Status
Not open for further replies.