Bulldogs plan to cover loss of Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That game when he started. I forgot who we played, but we had like 1 set in first 10mins and all we did was tackle and stuck on our own line. And even when we got the ball finally we had to take it up from our own tryline. At the 15-16min mark he was replaced and never got back on.

I understand taking him off and putting Klemmer on, but, Pay should have given him another spell on the field that same game. By not doing so it knocks the kids confidence.

Without sounding racist etc, a lot of these young polynesian kids thrive on confidence and should be given an opportunity to show that, instead of being given minimal game time.

I have watched them in new cup and they do show they have the ability to be potential top quality FG players. Just think Pay goes about it so wrong and shows his rookie stature as a coach.
Hit the nail on the head

What it looks like to me and you can throw Nu and Fine into this conversation as well ....These kids don’t have a defined role....Pay needs to sit them down and say ‘ok you will get these minutes and the role I want you to play is this....’

In terms of Ren... he got fk all mins first couple games and then got asked to start....then dropped and now not even in the top 22

Confidence wise he’s shot!

Nu few garbage mins off the bench then dropped now Pay expects him to come back off an injury and 3 weeks off to pretty much a hiding to nothing

Fine has been in and out of the team like a yo yo

From experience to get the best out of the poly boys (whether sport or business) you need to define exactly what you want, support their development and spend more one on one time strengthening that relationship ( coach/mentor and player/mentee)

Once you earn their trust they will run through brick walls for you

Sir Graham Henry understood this hence why Auckland dominated rugby in the 90s and he used Tana Umaga as the conduit for the Poly boys in the All Blacks environment around 2004/05 to great effect

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That game when he started. I forgot who we played, but we had like 1 set in first 10mins and all we did was tackle and stuck on our own line. And even when we got the ball finally we had to take it up from our own tryline. At the 15-16min mark he was replaced and never got back on.

I understand taking him off and putting Klemmer on, but, Pay should have given him another spell on the field that same game. By not doing so it knocks the kids confidence.

Without sounding racist etc, a lot of these young polynesian kids thrive on confidence and should be given an opportunity to show that, instead of being given minimal game time.

I have watched them in new cup and they do show they have the ability to be potential top quality FG players. Just think Pay goes about it so wrong and shows his rookie stature as a coach.
I get what you are saying and I was happy when he got a shot, but all the coaching and playing staff review everything these blokes do and I mean everything. Their computer programs isolate individual players and track them all game. They know who is doing what and why and I think they have identified that he is a bit lazy in defence. I really hope he comes good, but it might take a bit more time. He certainly has potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head

What it looks like to me and you can throw Nu and Fine into this conversation as well ....These kids don’t have a defined role....Pay needs to sit them down and say ‘ok you will get these minutes and the role I want you to play is this....’

In terms of Ren... he got fk all mins first couple games and then got asked to start....then dropped and now not even in the top 22

Confidence wise he’s shot!

Nu few garbage mins off the bench then dropped now Pay expects him to come back off an injury and 3 weeks off to pretty much a hiding to nothing

Fine has been in and out of the team like a yo yo

From experience to get the best out of the poly boys (whether sport or business) you need to define exactly what you want, support their development and spend more one on one time strengthening that relationship ( coach/mentor and player/mentee)

Once you earn their trust they will run through brick walls for you

Sir Graham Henry understood this hence why Auckland dominated rugby in the 90s and he used Tana Umaga as the conduit for the Poly boys in the All Blacks environment around 2004/05 to great effect
This is why i shit on Pay, he simply doesn't know what he's doing. The fucking casuals on here are getting all excited because Pay is "trying things" but in reality he's putting very little thought into what he's doing and just dumping the next player into whatever position and it's doing them and the team no good. His tactical nous is just completely non existent.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I get what you are saying and I was happy when he got a shot, but all the coaching and playing staff review everything these blokes do and I mean everything. Their computer programs isolate individual players and track them all game. They know who is doing what and why and I think they have identified that he is a bit lazy in defence. I really hope he comes good, but it might take a bit more time. He certainly has potential.
Based on what you just said, and I know u know a few of the insiders in the club. How the fuck is Montoya picked week after week yet Olive has 1 bad game and is dropped. If they have all this information on hand etc etc

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on what you just said, and I know u know a few of the insiders in the club. How the fuck is Montoya picked week after week yet Olive has 1 bad game and is dropped. If they have all this information on hand etc etc
Olive does have a track record of being weak in D though. Montoya would be gone by now if not for injuries. I think the last roll of the dice is to move him in closer and hope. I can't see him lasting beyond this week if he doesn't aim up. The word from staff is "we just don't have anyone else at the moment".

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is why i shit on Pay, he simply doesn't know what he's doing. The fucking casuals on here are getting all excited because Pay is "trying things" but in reality he's putting very little thought into what he's doing and just dumping the next player into whatever position and it's doing them and the team no good. His tactical nous is just completely non existent.
Scatter gun approach aye.... pick and hope....

Every week i am just deflated

I want to see consistency in his selections and an actual game plan , FFS anything, throw shapes at the defence , make them work, work over a spot player relentlessly, line speed on d ....at this point I will take a ‘mouse trap’ move from the 90s

FML

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I want to see consistency in his selections and an actual game plan , FFS anything, throw shapes at the defence , make them work, work over a spot player relentlessly, line speed on d ....at this point I will take a ‘mouse trap’ move from the 90s

FML
Exactly, some people just completely miss this point and fall back on the excuse of blaming the roster for absolutely everything. The roster isn't an excuse for not having a gameplan, running shapes, targeting the opposition weaknesses, etc. It can however be an excuse for it not working due to poor execution or lack of ability...but again we aren't actually trying anything, it's just standard hitups and a shitty shift with little thought.

The state of some people on here is just laughable, i even had a dud argue with me saying "we don't need structure" and we "only need to play what's infront of us". Like wtf? How can you play what's infront of you if don't have the structures in place to help you break down the oppositions defence? It's like some people have no understanding of the game lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

FML
You really don't think every FG coach in the NRL doesn't have a plan, including Pay? I was watching him with a couple of assistant coaches the other day sketching out plays on a whiteboard for the game against the Knights, just like he does every week. Our problem is we lack the kind of game management to execute them properly. Like it or not at least Foran knows how to execute. His body may not let him do it but he knows it. Frawley/JMK/Lichaa/Mbye just couldn't do it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You really don't think every FG coach in the NRL doesn't have a plan, including Pay? I was watching him with a couple of assistant coaches the other day sketching out plays on a whiteboard for the game against the Knights, just like he does every week. Our problem is we lack the kind of game management to execute them properly. Like it or not at least Foran knows how to execute. His body may not let him do it but he knows it. Frawley/JMK/Lichaa/Mbye just couldn't do it.
If he has a plan I have yet to see it.

I kid you not the attack looks exactly like it’s been pulled out of the Playbook called Des Hasler

This is not schoolboy level it’s professional athletes/elite level

If what you insinuate is true that professional footballers don’t know how to carry out a game plan then I’ll be damn

I know Marley gets torched about his dislike of Pays gameplan (lack there of) but I agree with him ....I have not seen anything different to last year (or year before)

If you are telling me he’s sketching plays and our players (apart from Foz) don’t know to execute then 1. Players need to go back to school 2. They don’t respect or fear Pay enough to listen

If the latter then he’s in trouble

I would like nothing more than see him succeed as a FG coach but I’m just over the shit I’m seeing (average roster aside) I just want to at least see one trick play or attacking sequence in 26 rounds

I want to see him make in game (real time) adjustments on the game plan if not working and make the correct adjustments

For example Olive was having a mare...why leave him out there to get worse in the process concede 26 points?

Holland was touching his nuts on the bench so get him on!

Stop the bleeding!

That said I’m hopeful of a win tomorrow

Lol

Beer o’clock time

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly, some people just completely miss this point and fall back on the excuse of blaming the roster for absolutely everything. The roster isn't an excuse for not having a gameplan, running shapes, targeting the opposition weaknesses, etc. It can however be an excuse for it not working due to poor execution or lack of ability...but again we aren't actually trying anything, it's just standard hitups and a shitty shift with little thought.

The state of some people on here is just laughable, i even had a dud argue with me saying "we don't need structure" and we "only need to play what's infront of us". Like wtf? How can you play what's infront of you if don't have the structures in place to help you break down the oppositions defence? It's like some people have no understanding of the game lol
Bro, I already coach my Under 6s simple structures as well as playing what they see in front of them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brcye Cartwright, Jarryd Hayne Corey Norman all look to be on the outer at there clubs. Are they worth the risk? We need points.
Cartwright - troubled. Not sure what the deal is (maybe like Hastings), or just simply lazy. I reckon he believed his own hype and has tried to rely on that to get him through.

Hayne - toxic. Every club he goes to they have issues with unsettled playing groups.

Norman - If he manages to stay in the NRL another year without being "struck" I'll be very suprised. Strong rumours that Parra want to move him on before the inevitable happens.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he has a plan I have yet to see it.

I kid you not the attack looks exactly like it’s been pulled out of the Playbook called Des Hasler

This is not schoolboy level it’s professional athletes/elite level

If what you insinuate is true that professional footballers don’t know how to carry out a game plan then I’ll be damn

I know Marley gets torched about his dislike of Pays gameplan (lack there of) but I agree with him ....I have not seen anything different to last year (or year before)

If you are telling me he’s sketching plays and our players (apart from Foz) don’t know to execute then 1. Players need to go back to school 2. They don’t respect or fear Pay enough to listen

If the latter then he’s in trouble

I would like nothing more than see him succeed as a FG coach but I’m just over the shit I’m seeing (average roster aside) I just want to at least see one trick play or attacking sequence in 26 rounds

I want to see him make in game (real time) adjustments on the game plan if not working and make the correct adjustments

For example Olive was having a mare...why leave him out there to get worse in the process concede 26 points?

Holland was touching his nuts on the bench so get him on!

Stop the bleeding!

That said I’m hopeful of a win tomorrow

Lol
Beer o’clock time
too early here for beer oclock yet.....Mate, we simply don't have the players with the footballing intelligence to execute. Watch them tomorrow night and I will guarantee that like me you will be screaming at the TV shouting why the hell didn't you just pass it to X or WTF all you had to do was kick it "there". The problem is they know what they have to do but FG pressure finds out those who do have it and those that don't and ours don't. It's not even a case of having a go but making an error. Our blokes aren't even having a go. Des played quadrant footy. We're not doing that this year but what we are doing just isn't being executed the way the plan calls for. It's one of the reasons why the spine keeps changing.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One huge problem with the polynesian players is they seem to lack stamina. They are great athletes for short bursts, but not for a long stint.
I think thats the problem with To'omaga Taulau, and a few others. Pay seems to know this.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One huge problem with the polynesian players is they seem to lack stamina. They are great athletes for short bursts, but not for a long stint.
I think thats the problem with To'omaga Taulau, and a few others. Pay seems to know this.
Yes and No

I mean the Warriors are top 4 right

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was watching him with a couple of assistant coaches the other day sketching out plays on a whiteboard for the game against the Knights, just like he does every week.
Is this it.

images.jpg

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brcye Cartwright, Jarryd Hayne Corey Norman all look to be on the outer at there clubs. Are they worth the risk? We need points.
In short, no.
Cartwright looked to have his old man's ability but thinks with his dick and is a liability mentally.
Hayne may end up in the click for thinking with his dick (doubtful but possible)
Norman is being shopped around but no clubs keen. Even raiders said no for straight swap with Austin.
Even if one of these guys stood out, there's a $700k season minimum which is about $650k too much!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree. We scored off some nice set plays early in the year on the back of foran going to the line, something none of our other halves really do. In theory, the set plays used by most clubs are simple enough that everyone should be able to score off them but the execution is what sets the 16 teams apart

Status
Not open for further replies.