Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD people here are hard to please. You whinge about Mbye. Gone. You whinge about Woods. Gone. Open your fucking eyes. Pay has next to Fuck all to work with. This isn’t his roster. This roster was assembled to play Desball. This roster can’t adapt to the style Pay wants so he gets rid of players. He will slowly bring the players in that he wants. Give the **** a break.

I for one am ok with this team. We have to realise we have a shit roster. It is what it is. The club is moving in the right direction. Get behind them and fucking support them!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There's some flexibility in this side. Before Brown was injured he played 48 minutes at fullback in NSW Cup (I'm thinking they were experimenting with how he'd go at the back). He killed it (before dislocating his elbow falling awkwardly getting a high ball).

Ogden has been really good in past weeks at lock in NSW Cup.

So there is potential for this to happen in future:

1. Brown
2. BMoz
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Team aside, what I really want to see is these guys having a dig and Pay implementing a style that he thinks can work against Knights

No more fkn 4 hit ups

Throw some fkn shape at their defence for once

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know pisses me off about Pay? he has double standards and is inconsistent with his decisions. He drops players that are performing bad, but then keeps others who should have been dropped. For instance, Frawley trains in the halves all offseason and gets the nod to start in round 1. He drops him after a few rounds and replaces him with JMK (who is honestly garbage). Just like Frawley was dropped, JMK should have also been dropped based on his performances. Yet Pay keeps him in and drops Frawley AGAIN. Not saying Frawley is good, but Pay needs to give the same treatment to JMK and also drop him. Frawley is probably saying he ain't better than me yet i only get dropped. Then there is a guy called Olive. He plays two games and gets dropped for the third 'based on performance'. Yet, what about the performance of Montoya lol! Why is Montoya and Lichaa exempt from getting dropped. Can you at least be consistent. I would be pissed if i was Frawley or Olive. Not saying they don't deserve to be dropped but it is the way Pay goes about and does it. Double standards and favouritism is not the way to coach Deano. Get it together!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats one ugly team and some of those selections are head scratchers yet again but either way the squad would be horrible.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Lewis and Ogden get a run and see what they can do. I would have liked to see Brown start and Olive retained but at least Frawley is finally gone!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know pisses me off about Pay? he has double standards and is inconsistent with his decisions. He drops players that are performing bad, but then keeps others who should have been dropped. For instance, Frawley trains in the halves all offseason and gets the nod to start in round 1. He drops him after a few rounds and replaces him with JMK (who is honestly garbage). Just like Frawley was dropped, JMK should have also been dropped based on his performances. Yet Pay keeps him in and drops Frawley AGAIN. Not saying Frawley is good, but Pay needs to give the same treatment to JMK and also drop him. Frawley is probably saying he ain't better than me yet i only get dropped. Then there is a guy called Olive. He plays two games and gets dropped for the third 'based on performance'. Yet, what about the performance of Montoya lol! Why is Montoya and Lichaa exempt from getting dropped. Can you at least be consistent. I would be pissed if i was Frawley or Olive. Not saying they don't deserve to be dropped but it is the way Pay goes about and does it. Double standards and favouritism is not the way to coach Deano. Get it together!
Agree.

Olive didn’t deserve to be arsed...

Pay must look at making selection for Fiji and or Lebanon the same as Roos lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing i know about Deano and our squad going forward is:
- JMK and Montoya are his favourites and guaranteed a spot
- Holland is his x factor, hence guaranteed a spot
- Elliott and Priest are our future. Give Priest some time but he will be back
- Nu brown will only get a spot if he plays well in NSW cup
- Olve made a line break and made JMK look pathetic so will get dropped each time he does that
- Lichaa is MR reliable and will get a call each time our squad changes

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree.

Olive didn’t deserve to be arsed...

Pay must look at making selection for Fiji and or Lebanon the same as Roos lol
Didn't the Titans score about 4 tries through Olive last week? Really can't justify retaining him, not that Montoya should be there but with Hoppa going out the back they couldn't get rid of both of them. There just isn't anyone in the reggies who can come in, given all the replacements we have had to use this week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What will be interesting... big chance for some of these guys to stand authority on a spot now....

It's up to them to give 100% effort. Fans will be happy win or loss then.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's impossible to assemble an appealing lineup on paper, the cattle isn't there. Plain and simple.

All Pay can do is try new combinations and see if something clicks.

Can't believe there's people whingeing. Guess they'd prefer we just picked an identical 17 to get toweled up week after week just like Hasler did?

Olive's defence was embarrassing last game. Everything about Frawley was embarrassing. Good to see the coach isn't standing for any nonsense and will wield the axe when warranted.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't the Titans score about 4 tries through Olive last week? Really can't justify retaining him, not that Montoya should be there but with Hoppa going out the back they couldn't get rid of both of them. There just isn't anyone in the reggies who can come in, given all the replacements we have had to use this week.
I mean Olive was good with B Moz with him but Montoya switched sides and the tries conceded followed

I would have persisted with Olive given he’s a centre not makeshift Montoya who should be given a rest

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olive should be in the centres before Montoya every day of the week, what the fuck

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah they should of called him the duke instead of the prince.. but the king will be watching.
Unfucking believable, I mean talk about putting unwanted pressure on the kid

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is Montoya doing in the centres?
Why not? Lets see what he can do there... NOBODY has seen if he can play centre and I'm pretty sure we are currently looking for one.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis the prince will lead us to a win quote me

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, did anyone notice the goose step Montoya used in the test match? Where the hell did that come from? The geese have been outsprinting him all season.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People tell me to stop bagging Pay and then he presents this line up...honestly you can all fucked, bunch of bellends.
Well working with the shit we have....

1. Hoppa
2. Morris
3. Olive
4. Holland
5. Smith
That’s the best backline we have at the moment IMO. Why in the name of arse does he persist with Montoya? He must be fucking his Mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.