The boys are back in town! New Signings for 2019-20!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exciting news from Belmore today as three of its favorite sons will be in the starting line up for the 2019-20 sessions.
Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb and George Peponis have all signed on the dotted line for the next two years and will be key players in a new look Bulldogs squad!
"I'm overjoyed to be pulling on the boots again!" beamed an exuberant "Turvey" Mortimer.
His long time halves partner Terry lamb was equally high spirited, "I just can't wait to get out on the paddock, it's been too bloody long!"
Dr George Peponis will juggle his medical practice with skippering the team and be deep in the engine room at hooker. "It will be great to be back in the thick of it again and back in the blue and white, once a Bulldog always a Bulldog, it's in our blood, in our very DNA!" Stated a proud Dr George.
Sources close to the club tell us the dogs have also been in negotiations with Bob McCarthy, Mark and Garry Hughes, Les Johns and the estates of Edgar Newham and Frank Sponberg to name just a few, so thing are looking up down Belmore way!

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this administration would be better than the old one, but here they are signing people on reputation and not skill. They should have looked for a new 5/8 and halves with Mbye’s money instead of signing Mortimer and Lamb...

The sad thing is they’d probably be better than what we have now...

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exciting news from Belmore today as three of its favorite sons will be in the starting line up for the 2019-20 sessions.
Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb and George Peponis have all signed on the dotted line for the next two years and will be key players in a new look Bulldogs squad!
"I'm overjoyed to be pulling on the boots again!" beamed an exuberant "Turvey" Mortimer.
His long time halves partner Terry lamb was equally high spirited, "I just can't wait to get out on the paddock, it's been too bloody long!"
Dr George Peponis will juggle his medical practice with skippering the team and be deep in the engine room at hooker. "It will be great to be back in the thick of it again and back in the blue and white, once a Bulldog always a Bulldog, it's in our blood, in our very DNA!" Stated a proud Dr George.
Sources close to the club tell us the dogs have also been in negotiations with Bob McCarthy, Mark and Garry Hughes, Les Johns and the estates of Edgar Newham and Frank Sponberg to name just a few, so thing are looking up down Belmore way!
we will win more games with them anyway, lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this administration would be better than the old one, but here they are signing people on reputation and not skill. They should have looked for a new 5/8 and halves with Mbye’s money instead of signing Mortimer and Lamb...

The sad thing is they’d probably be better than what we have now...
Without Kevin Ryan and Merv Hicks we'd still be dominated.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forget Les Johns he is too small
Johns held his own against much bigger players, and was a standout fullback with brains. I used to go and watch the Berries train, and Johns wasn't a little guy when I stood next to him.

Reactions: baz

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What's the all important stats of these players??

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what the following 3 kennel favourites are up to these days:
Billy Ngwini
Jizza Nguyen
Ben Czikowski

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently they are being medically retired before playing a game

good doggie

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Johns held his own against much bigger players, and was a standout fullback with brains. I used to go and watch the Berries train, and Johns wasn't a little guy when I stood next to him.
Agree wholeheartedly. My post was just a bit of sarcasm aimed at the large number of Kennelers dismissing prospects due to their more diminutive stature.

I once sat near Johns on the hill at Belmore (out injured) & he was not the largest of men physically but definitely a giant of a footballer

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly. My post was just a bit of sarcasm aimed at the large number of Kennelers dismissing prospects due to their more diminutive stature.

I once sat near Johns on the hill at Belmore (out injured) & he was not the largest of men physically but definitely a giant of a footballer
As I said before, its not the size of the dog in the fight...

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Awesome , love it

Status
Not open for further replies.