Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Castle - for the Bulldogs.
Dib - for the Bulldogs.
Hasler - for the Bulldogs.
Todd Greenberg - for the NRL.
John Grant - for the NRL.
Dave Smith - for the NRL.

Despite all the hatred and crap for Dib/Hasler/Castle, I honetsly believe that Greenberg has made more mistakes and fuckups and damge than any of the others.

Whilst Dib/Castle/Hasler have completely fucked up the Bulldogs, their damage is limited to a single club (us).

Smith, whilst a complete moron, hasn't really buggered things up that badly in my opinion.

Grant - was a complete dickhead. How he got the lead job in first place I don't know. He was more a talker and a showpony, and spoke before thinking.

But Greenberg for mine is the real problem. Constantly changing things, bringing in new rules, and refusing to accept there are problems in the NRL.

Thoughts?
Mate I am only interested in the welfare of our club, if our club was to become extinct then I hope Rugby league dies a very quick death also, and by the way I'm certain that the game is going the way of the Dodo. I just hope that our board is at least thinking of possible contingency plans, because it is only a matter of time before the game becomes a minor insignificant code.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greenberg's shoulder charge rule is still a grey area for me, let it flow man.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How about I give you a racing car that’s damaged. This car used to do 9 seconds flat per quarter mile. Before I give you the car, I crash the car into a wall. The car now does the quarter mile in 20 seconds. It needs a lot of work to get it back to a 9 second car, but the problem is you have no money to spend on the car to fix it, the bank won’t give you a loan and no family member, friend or foe will give/lend you the money either.

What do you do?
You are nearing the age of retirement and in a couple of years you’ll have access to hundreds of thousands of dollars from your super fund to fix the car and make it a 9 second car again.

What do you do?

1. Give up
2. Steal money from somewhere
3. Wait for your super fund money and be patient.
Lmfao @ racing car anaology.

I also enjoyed the multiple choice at the end, where stealing was an option. [emoji16]

stereotype central!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1. the members who voted in 2008
2. greenberg at the bulldogs
3. dib

but all the damage would be worth it if they just won 1 more game in 2012 or 2014, they came close in 2014

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib has got to be the most clueless bloke.

He claims to be politis, but he was anything but.

He is rich but it’s likely that was all by luck.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
How about I give you a racing car that’s damaged. This car used to do 9 seconds flat per quarter mile. Before I give you the car, I crash the car into a wall. The car now does the quarter mile in 20 seconds. It needs a lot of work to get it back to a 9 second car, but the problem is you have no money to spend on the car to fix it, the bank won’t give you a loan and no family member, friend or foe will give/lend you the money either.

What do you do?
You are nearing the age of retirement and in a couple of years you’ll have access to hundreds of thousands of dollars from your super fund to fix the car and make it a 9 second car again.

What do you do?
shoot the hostage

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not gonna judge Raelene Castle until the end of the 2019 season.

We will win 2 NRL premierships by 2019...

So I'll defer my judgment until then :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: DT

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
All of the above has fuked the game to the point that I watched 7 minutes of RL last week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

What do you do?

What do you do?

1. Give up
Using your analogy..

The 9 second race car isn't needed at the moment, just a stable and reliable car to get consistent times.

The fans of said race car just want to see it compete consistently regardless how fast it goes. They know the car is certainly capable of good things., and just want the race team to fill them in on the cars future plans.

Those fans realise that speed can come later, and recognise the car does need work.

Instead of being happy with the car competing consistently, the race team decide to give away the fast parts off the 9 second race (Turbo, Engine, and possibly ECU), whilst still expecting it to be reliable and do a 8-9 second pass in 12 months time by replacing those high performance parts with stock factory refurb/seconds.

All the mechanics (and fans) standing by watching are saying "you won't be able to run an 8-9 second pass with that car, it will not work", yet our "race team" thinks they can.

As such many other mechanics (and fans) are now questioning if the race team actually has a clue about race cars at all, simply because the race team leaders father was an expert race leader and race car driver in his day.

That is a far better analogy.

Heck it's almost the story of the Williams F1 team at the moment. Claire Williams taking over from her father the racing team. Lance Stroll under delivering, and Sergei Sirotkin getting a seat because he brings money over talent (like Kubica or say Wehrlien).

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Castle - for the Bulldogs.
Dib - for the Bulldogs.
Hasler - for the Bulldogs.
Todd Greenberg - for the NRL.
John Grant - for the NRL.
Dave Smith - for the NRL.

Despite all the hatred and crap for Dib/Hasler/Castle, I honetsly believe that Greenberg has made more mistakes and fuckups and damge than any of the others.

Whilst Dib/Castle/Hasler have completely fucked up the Bulldogs, their damage is limited to a single club (us).

Smith, whilst a complete moron, hasn't really buggered things up that badly in my opinion.

Grant - was a complete dickhead. How he got the lead job in first place I don't know. He was more a talker and a showpony, and spoke before thinking.

But Greenberg for mine is the real problem. Constantly changing things, bringing in new rules, and refusing to accept there are problems in the NRL.

Thoughts?
They are all fuckwits

Reactions: DT

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter Beatie will trump all these clowns. The bloke ran an entire state into the ground.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des left Manly because he got pushback when he wanted everything his own way there, and fell out with the board. He came here and im pretty sure a proviso would have been that he ran the place. got everything he wanted.

Des signed the wrong players (Trex, Woods, Foran) and let go the wrong players (Ennis, Graham, Cook, Sezur). MBye is a good player, but Des signed him on marquee half wages, and hes not a half for starters. Hes not a marquee fullback either. So he is overpaid in his current form. Des signed Woods, when we had no issues in the forwards, and lacked players elsewhere badly. I think Woods is a decent player. But we didnt need an expensive forward. Would have rather kept Graham tbh. And we would have been better off with Reynolds over Foran.

So i think Des has done the most damage.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To answer this question correctly you need to go back to 2004 and the appointment of Malcolm Noad as CEO by George Poponis.
After battling the 2002 salary cap drama we encountered the the 2004 rape allegations.Noad,an editor for 18 years and director for 12 years at News Limited was appointed to clean the club and lift it's image.His player retention,recruitment and development plans lacked vision.This led to discontent in 2008 and a battle for election to the football club board.It was believed that the board of the time was steering the club in the wrong direction,particularly CEO Malcolm Noad.In early 2008 new members were elected to the board (Dib and Dunn included) and later in the season Noad resigned as CEO.Early 2008 we experienced player exodus and end 2008 change of coach.All sounds familiar,doesn't it?

Greenberg had two stints at our club,in 2001 as Operations and Events Manager for 1 year and from 2008 to 2013 as CEO.Actually in fairness,as CEO Greenberg took us from 2008 wooden spoon to 2012 NYC minor premiers and 1st grade grand final.Klemmer,Jackson,Carter,Finucane,Lafai and Sezer were all players developed in NYC under his watch.In 2012 the club set a record for the highest ever attendance at a regular season NRL game,lead the game in merchandise royalties and exceeded the membership budgets.Unfortunately Todd only used us to further his resume and the minute NRL CEO David Smith secretly offered him a role as his deputy in the new NRL executive structure,Greenberg couldn't run out the door quick enough.

In 2013 Dib appointed Castle as CEO who supported Hasler's short term glory at the detriment of future growth.From 2013 to present we have witness the club spiral back to 2008 levels.Now we have a new board,CEO and coach.

So who sacrificed 4 years of rebuilding (2009-2012) into 4 years (2015-2018) of failure? Dib,Castle and Hasler.
With the blueprint in hand it is obvious that only way up for our club is to get back to our roots.Develop another 2012 champion Jersey Flegg (NYC) team,only this time hopefully Anderson,Hill and Pay don't do it for personal glory,but for our illustrious club.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will be adding Pay on that list soon enough

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hasler the worst recruit in Bulldogs history. Destroyed the club more than SbW

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What do you do?

What do you do?

1. Give up
4- Sell shit I don't need to buy the parts. (I.e fuck off woods, Mbye, retire Foran).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

What do you do?

What do you do?

1. Give up
I love a good car analogy .. especially when it involves motorsport :grinning:.

Actually I explain most things in my life with car analogies :tearsofjoy:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets see what this new board serves up.

The old board made mistakes trying to win a comp and going close.

This board is making mistakes doing what?
Superglueing us to the wooden spoon for the next few years!

Speaking of wooden things. Woods, when your in a hole you don't get rid of one of the few people that can help you get out of it!
The board needs to hold its nerve and roll with the punches on this one.
No more blaming the previouse board, this one is on the incumbents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.