Moses Mbye signs with Wests Tigers on four-year deal after getting release from Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/05/29/wests-tigers-sign-moses-mbye/

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Moses Mbye for the coming four seasons.

The new agreement will see Mbye join Wests Tigers next season and be a part of the club until at least the end of 2022.

The 24-year-old has played 92 NRL games since making his debut in 2014.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to working with Mbye.

"Moses is a talented young man and we look forward to having him join Wests Tigers next season," said Cleary. "He's developed into an exciting player and I know he'll bring a lot to our club, both on and off the field."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Mbye to the club.

"Moses is an exciting addition to our playing squad and I look forward to having him at Wests Tigers for the coming four seasons," said Pascoe. "He's an impressive young man and I'm sure he'll quickly become a favourite with our Members and fans."
Why are we not letting him go now?
The whole reason we are doing this is to free up cap space, so be done with it.

If its true that we are only kicking in 300k for the life of the contract, good bit of bussiness by us. He is never going to worth the money he would have been on with us, even if he plays Origin.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He really needs to go now - and we go hard at cleaning out good and proper; who cares if we lose some games as long as we compete, we won’t be in the finals - give some young guys who are here next year a shot at first grade!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He really needs to go now - and we go hard at cleaning out good and proper; who cares if we lose some games as long as we compete, we won’t be in the finals - give some young guys who are here next year a shot at first grade!
F@#k if Pay is seriouse about winning some games:
1. Brown and Eastwood need to come into the team for Frawley and Priest.
2. He needs to get his bench rotation right.
3. And go back to playing Foran on the ball, now their is decent service fron dummy half.

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/05/29/wests-tigers-sign-moses-mbye/

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Moses Mbye for the coming four seasons.

The new agreement will see Mbye join Wests Tigers next season and be a part of the club until at least the end of 2022.

The 24-year-old has played 92 NRL games since making his debut in 2014.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to working with Mbye.

"Moses is a talented young man and we look forward to having him join Wests Tigers next season," said Cleary. "He's developed into an exciting player and I know he'll bring a lot to our club, both on and off the field."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Mbye to the club.

"Moses is an exciting addition to our playing squad and I look forward to having him at Wests Tigers for the coming four seasons," said Pascoe. "He's an impressive young man and I'm sure he'll quickly become a favourite with our Members and fans."

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F@#k if Pay is seriouse about winning some games:
1. Brown and Eastwood need to come into the team for Frawley and Priest.
2. He needs to get his bench rotation right.
3. And go back to playing Foran on the ball, now their is decent service fron dummy half.
Browns injured now..

All our spine players need to do is ready 'Rugby League For Dummies' & our attack will improve dramatically

GotheDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean Pay on Moses last week
"Moses has improved out of sight this year. He's really embraced playing fullback so he's worked really hard on his game. Going forward, he's a part of this club and he's massive part," Pay said on Friday."

Obviously the coach has no idea or was lying !

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole release would have been negotiated with the Tigers and how much we would pay would have been part of that.
We didn’t negotiate anything with the tigers. We didn’t shop him around, he asked for a release to sign a new contract till 2022 with the tigers. We are not paying him after this year. We get his full contract amount removed from our cap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn’t negotiate anything with the tigers. We didn’t shop him around, he asked for a release to sign a new contract till 2022 with the tigers. We are not paying him after this year. We get his full contract amount removed from our cap.
We are definitely paying for a portion of contract.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they're playing with the words in the statement. Tigers would know we're desperate to offload him so they would have got something from us.
They got nothing from it. He asked for a release because his job is now secure for another 4 years with another club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Source?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good riddance you ****... don't want to play and bleed for the Dogs you can fuck right off !!! over people like Mbye running when the going gets tough. He was never worth 750-900K, not to mention he gets money from FOX... If he cared about the club he could have re-negotiated his deal... All about the money for this mercenary.
I don't want people like Woods and B.Morris at my club either anymore... Dragons premiership tattoos, Leidchart postcode on Woods etc...
This is a shit period we are entering but this is the perfect time for us to rebuild properly and fill our club with great players young and old who fucking love this great club and dream of playing for us because of our reputation... not because 'my twin brothers here' or 'my best mate klemmer is there'...
We are down but the mighty bulldogs will be back soon... oh and once again FUCK YOU MBYE
Can’t believe all the hate for mbye....is it his fault that he was offered overs and accepted.....seriously why all the hate.....yes he is not playing like a milllion dollar player....but that’s because he isn’t an elite player.....but seriously I believe he has talent and he will develop well under Cleary.....

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes please, good idea.
get him gone !!
I don’t exactly understand how it works but reading the thread and assuming some people are correct about the release not effecting our cap he has helped our club. Wouldn’t throw him in Reggie’s for doing that if it is how it worked out.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have defended Mbye this whole time BUT he really should have bounded forward this year at FB and hasn't. He always shows glimpses without taking the next step......and that's not enough reason to pay him such massive money. I have no concerns at all with us showing him the door but I am certainly hoping we aren't paying some of his price tag for the future.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol no. Club forced him out and we will be paying him for the next 2 seasons. He got a "release" because he can't technically leave the club without requesting one unless he's sacked.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"Moses has improved out of sight this year. He's really embraced playing fullback so he's worked really hard on his game. Going forward, he's a part of this club and he's massive part," Pay said on Friday."

Mate he was doing his job to make sure the Tigers paid the right coin.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dean Pay is adorable.
Reminds me of pinnochio

Status
Not open for further replies.