Please Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am trying to work out how we can be in so much shit with our salary cap and our squad.

We have a rookie dummy half player, a broken and washed up halfback, a fringe first grader at 5/8 and a 1st year apprentice FB. If reports are true that Mbye is gone than we are without a 1st grade FB.

The Morris bros will not be re-signed because of our salary cap issues.

With one of the weakest spines in the comp, no Morris bros but having their salaries available including Graham, Kasiano & Eastwood how the fuck are we in serious trouble with the cap?

I understand we have backloaded contracts but is it that bad that we have Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Woods on $1m each? What in Gods name is Hoppa on?

I just dont get it?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame Des, Raelene & Ray.....

Maybe we can shorten the infamous trio's names and roll them into one

"DESERAEY"

Thank them arsholes.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the Des Hasler train wreck bought to you by Tweedledee (Dib) and Tweedledum (Castle)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand we have backloaded contracts but is it that bad that we have Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Woods on $1m each? What in Gods name is Hoppa on?
That’s exactly the problem they are on huge money.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we didn't pay any player from 2013-2016 and all their salaries were back ended.

we had no rock star half, no rock star full back no rock star wingers (barring Curtis rona for 2 years), we let go more players than we bought, all fringe first garders

yet we are in cap trouble is beyond me, only explanation which makes ense is that we didn't pay any one anything from 2013-2016.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the backended contracts the money per season jumps from 250k to 750k. Big money on Foran, Mbye, Klemmer, Woods etc. . Players with ratchet clauses in their contract which means their pay goes up when the cap increases. Paying part of players contracts to play at other clubs.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need some Chinese business people in the dogs to help us with some dodgy shit

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still dont get it!

Hopoate was re-signed by the previous board and Des, and at the time he was playing FB. Surely we didnt re-sign Hoppa on FB money as well?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember we re-signed Graham on 700ks / year in 2014 and he was reported as our highest paid player.

so no **** was on million bucks before that and we always had plenty of coin in the bank for a rock star fullback.

So fuck knows what happened in last 4 years that we not only cant sign any more players for 3 years we have to let go players now and pay half their salaries.

May be some one robbed our salary cap money at belmore.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still want to know what was Des' plan. Considering he signed on for another 2 years it's not like he back ended the contracts to screw us over.
He would have just continued to backend them.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember we re-signed Graham on 700ks / year in 2014 and he was reported as our highest paid player.

so no **** was on million bucks before that and we always had plenty of coin in the bank for a rock star fullback.

So fuck knows what happened in last 4 years that we not only cant sign any more players for 3 years we have to let go players now and pay half their salaries.

May be some one robbed our salary cap money at belmore.
Wasnt Klemmer, Jackson & Mbye re-signed for $3m over 4 years each respectively?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasnt Klemmer, Jackson & Mbye re-signed for $3m over 4 years each respectively?

yeah but still you think, we let go ennis, kasinao, graham, rona, Reynolds, cook, during that time would have balanced that out.

We almost signed fifita for 850 ks or some ridiculous figure like that and yes that rock star full back money has been there since 2012. where did that go?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah but still you think, we let go ennis, kasinao, graham, rona, Reynolds, cook, during that time would have balanced that out.

We almost signed fifita for 850 ks or some ridiculous figure like that and yes that rock star full back money has been there since 2012. where did that go?
What i think is if Greg Eastwood was on 250k last year and this year he is on 850k, we have either Foran or Woods on some very minimal contract this year and in the next couple of years there backended contracts balloon to an absolute fucken ridiculous amount.

When you look deep down you begin to question, how the fuck are we not over the cap this year considering we have Eastwood on 850k, Morris boys combined on $1.5m, Mbye, Klemmer & Woods on 750k each, Graham 450k, Kas???

Even not paying Graham & Kas next season we still cannot resign the Morris boys only with their salary + Eastwood, Kas, Graham, Brenko Lee, Abbey???

And we also might be releasing Mbye to release more cap pressure?

Something is really fucked up

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still dont get it!

Hopoate was re-signed by the previous board and Des, and at the time he was playing FB. Surely we didnt re-sign Hoppa on FB money as well?
Hoppa was on $150k when he had Sundays off.
Lucky to be on $450k now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am trying to work out how we can be in so much shit with our salary cap and our squad.

We have a rookie dummy half player, a broken and washed up halfback, a fringe first grader at 5/8 and a 1st year apprentice FB. If reports are true that Mbye is gone than we are without a 1st grade FB.

The Morris bros will not be re-signed because of our salary cap issues.

With one of the weakest spines in the comp, no Morris bros but having their salaries available including Graham, Kasiano & Eastwood how the fuck are we in serious trouble with the cap?

I just dont get it?
The numbers are probably not surprisingly when you consider we are paying close to or over $1m to other clubs for ex-players to play elsewhere , so we start a mile behind.
Then add Eastwood $800k to play reserve grade.
But the club has been fucking hopeless at paying overs for players for 2 decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.