Bulldogs can't bring in stars for three years: CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
thats what angers me as well. What the fuck was going through Haslers head, is he mentally stable? After the mess he has left, he surely must have something wrong upstairs, and the prick wanted to stay here for another few years as well with this current squad, he must have been delusional
I thought last year that des has had a falling out with the club at some stage and gone out of his way to deliberately sabotage the club. I now think this scenario is more and more likely. No one is that stupid. He has planned to fuck us in every way and succeeded temporarily anyway.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to get rid of Tolman, Lichaa, Woods, Foran, mybe, Eastwood and Morris * 2. Have another lean year next year and then hopefully in 2 years become a power house again. Jacko and klemmer are the only two we really need to keep.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep because of back-ended deals for the likes of Foran, Hopoate, Jackson, Klemmer, Mbye & Tolman
Hopoate & Tolman are on less than $500k on the cap.
Mybe, Jackson & Klemmer are the big earners in your list.
Foran to IF he plays all games.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait for Paul Kents next blog on Fox Sports.... game on

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one I don’t understand is mbye. Was there competitive tension to such an extent that we were back ending him like crazy?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself and a few others said that the fraud will fuck us like he did with manly.

How I wish I were wrong.
You may have said it but I had not read or heard anything of what he did to manly, it would be interesting to hear from anyone like yourself who were aware of how he stuffed Manly.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not as bad as thought which is good without being great.
Yeah we lose a few guys but we still have a good crop coming thorugh. With all this known, how can the board sign off on Foran and Woods. Crazy.
Anyway, time to start bleeding some young guys ASAP. Cogger coming in, will still have a decent squad. Can only hope.

We will lose at least one guy on decent coin, just hope they make the right call.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Quick recap from 9 news:

Quick recap from ch 9 news:
- Lynne said no coach, ceo, chair will ever get the same power Des had.
- Andrew Hill said 25 contracted players for 2019, need to fill 5 spots and have more than minimum wage available but not huge money.
- No contracts likely to be offered to the Morris brothers and Eastwood.
- Guaranteed no big name players will need to be released to be compliant in 19, mentioned Klem and Mbye safe.
- no major recruits until 2021 as that's when current backended deals cease.
- Lynne blamed Des for his short term planning, also poor governance overall for this mess.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with our club and the NRL, firstly how can the club allow Hasler to sign players on back ended deals, don't we have accountants to do the maths and if we don't, well hire some and if we do then sack their a###ss off as they ain't any good and how can the NRL not have ppl going through what numbers clubs put through for their players each season!??? it's a no brainer, I work as an Analyst and my job for my company is to make sure the managers in my dept. submit a budget each year that is under what we give them and if not we go back to them and say your numbers are way over so go back and fix it, why don't we have this and why aren't the NRL auditing this before it goes pear shape!!!?

The players and clubs are a product for the NRL, without the product or players then the NRL are screwed as no fans would pay to watch an empty game right!? It's the NRLs duties as a last line of defense to tell the clubs what they have done wrong, the NRL are like auditors/accountants the buck stops with them FFS, if the Dogs or any club for that matter cannot get under the cap then that club is going to field a side that is a laughing stock for the game and guess what, the fans will be turned off and watch another sport and the game will not grow, jezzzz wizzzz even my 3yr old knows this ... But then again what would I know, the NRL seems to think everything is going well, sign a $2B TV deal and still looking at borrowing more money from the banks and mind you all the banks are smart enough to decline any loans for the NRL as they are all aware the NRL are a laughing stock, what does that tell you!!! Look at the AFL, they would laugh if they had to borrow money!!!!
FFS RL is a dying sport but who am I, right!???

Thanks Hasler, screw us over and take us for more money even once you are sacked .. only winner here FFS!!!
It may not be that simple, I watch NRL 360 and saw what **** says, he and others have maligned our club so it has not been easy to recruit or retain players, they are young and impressionable they tend to look up to media personalities, some of us who have been around for a while know that some media personalities are below the level of skum.
Dib and the previous board tried to overcome this and sure up their positions by paying overs and back ending deals.
Now we are heading in the right direction by developing our own juniors. Perhaps instilling in them hatred of other clubs with a bit of sociology might help.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You may have said it but I had not read or heard anything of what he did to manly, it would be interesting to hear from anyone like yourself who were aware of how he stuffed Manly.
I'm talking about the back ended deals, not turning us into poodles. Didn't have to be a genius to realise the fraud would do the same thing lol

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder how our ‘stars’ must feel knowing that they are signed to a club that will barely be competitive for the next 3 years.

Maybe they don’t want to wait? Maybe they leave?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Honestly our squad just needs a few tweaks and we can win a title. We need another quality half which could be developed and some speed out wide.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would the Morris brothers take a pay cut to stay in their comfort zone?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least we're not crap like Newcastle.
We've shown that we can be competitive against the top 8, including wins against Penrith who are 2nd on the ladder.

If we had a bit of luck in those close games that we lost (Storm,Souths,BroncosPanthers) , we would be sitting in the top four on 12 or 14 competition points.
With the squad that we have, I still have some expectations for top 8 in the coming years, unlike Newcastle who we're filled with reserve grade or over the hill players..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With due respect, may I humbly suggest that what Hill has told us is the current situation. NOT how we got there. We dont know what behind the scenes horse trading the club has pulled off. maybe some players have varied their contract in the last few weeks, reducing their salary for next year and taking more in the year after, or that some other corporates have come on board with 3rd party agreements
With all due respect you're merely speculating about contracts being renegotiated.

Meanwhile kent was spouting the 800k nonsense even AFTER he received a text from Hill saying it wasn't that bad.

Fuck kent

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With all due respect you're merely speculating about contracts being renegotiated.

Meanwhile kent was spouting the 800k nonsense even AFTER he received a text from Hill saying it wasn't that bad.

Fuck kent
He's such a kent, that Kent.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be the worst thing that has happened to us but it also opened doors for the young juniors to get a taste of first grade than us paying overs for someone else to come to the club. It's put pressure on our recruitment guys to go out there and recruit young potential players and sign them on long term deals so when they are in first grade by that time we will be out of the mess and have money to re sign those players. This may work well in our favour in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.