Opinions on Klemmer coming off the bench?

Klemmer of the bench?

• Starting prop

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Come on at around 20 min

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klem needs to start and woods needs to fuck off.

Woods won't even make an impact off the bench.
Whether u can see it or not Woods always drags 4 defenders out of the D line to get him to ground... everytime.

Yeah it doesn't look like his doing much but the amount of pressure that puts on defence lines to organise before the next play and the amount fatigue it adds to teams is enormous.

After watching closely last night, I was like thank god we swapped Graham for Woods. Just cant wait until this guy settles in and takes on more of a leadership role.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's come off the bench for 2 games and we should really be 2-0 in those 2 games. I called for this at the begining of the season and it's working.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whether u can see it or not Woods always drags 4 defenders out of the D line to get him to ground... everytime.

Yeah it doesn't look like his doing much but the amount of pressure that puts on defence lines to organise before the next play and the amount fatigue it adds to teams is enormous.

After watching closely last night, I was like thank god we swapped Graham for Woods. Just cant wait until this guy settles in and takes on more of a leadership role.
I thought we got him for offloads, how many offloads so far this season? Granted that Mbye is shit in support but even opposition know he will just hit the line and stop. He doesn't even bend the line that Graham did.

No point drawing in defenders then just stop.

Klem draws 4 players always and makes heaps of post tackle meters.

Last edited:

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can't change a winning formula now. Our forwards are winning the battle consistently because Klem lifts the team at the twenty minute mark. But we really need some impact from our younger forwards over the next few years.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought we got him for offloads, how many offloads so far this season? Granted that Mbye is shit in support but even opposition know he will just hit the line and stop. He doesn't even bend the line that Graham did.

I think Mbye turned the corner last night. He took a fantastic offload from Toomaga, followed through numerous times and was there every time we made a half break. The main problem is Woods not throwing a conventional offload, he draws in players and looks to pop a pass backwards, not to either side. He killed the teams momentum a few times last night and plenty this season. The good thing is that both Mbye and Woods have plenty of time to form the right combination

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think Mbye turned the corner last night. He took a fantastic offload from Toomaga, followed through numerous times and was there every time we made a half break. The main problem is Woods not throwing a conventional offload, he draws in players and looks to pop a pass backwards, not to either side. He killed the teams momentum a few times last night and plenty this season. The good thing is that both Mbye and Woods have plenty of time to form the right combination
Hope you're right brother, since we are stuck with them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The logic is so fucking flawed "he does better off the bench" no fucking shit, it's easier. But we didn't give him a multimillion dollar contract to play the easier way. He's on that contract because he's our best prop and you start your best props to maximise their minutes and have them on at crucial times of the game. Maybe Tauamlolo or Fifta should be benched...pfft.
If easier = points on the board, then easier is the way to go.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a good forward coming off the bench.. makes a big difference..

Klemmers a starting forward for sure but
until we have a decent bench forward its probably a good idea having him off the bench
Exactly, if we had Kas then its no problem to start Klemmer because you don't let up once the changes happen. But when you sub Klem and woods and Jackson and the replacements are Fualalo, Elliot and someone else :p you notice a drop. No surprise we generally are in the contest for the first 15-20 mins until the forwards are subbed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it matters much with him, but I feel his aggression is best against tiring defenders, rather than starting.

When Tolman is back, it'll be intresting to see where he is used.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The logic is so fucking flawed "he does better off the bench" no fucking shit, it's easier. But we didn't give him a multimillion dollar contract to play the easier way. He's on that contract because he's our best prop and you start your best props to maximise their minutes and have them on at crucial times of the game. Maybe Tauamlolo or Fifta should be benched...pfft.
Why is woods starting then.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I feel like we actually need his depth
As long as he stays away from the ball on the 4th, we need his experience and his consistency. Even though he isn't the best prop in the world.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Klem draws 4 players always and makes heaps of post tackle meters.
Well Woods has had 20 so far this season and Graham 8......and Graham is on more money.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well Woods has had 20 so far this season and Graham 8......and Graham is on more money.
But Graham wasn't bought for his offloads where woods was, because he doesn't do anything else.

So you would pick woods over Graham?

PS Klem has had 6 so far and nobody expects him to offload.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
700k+ for a prop to come off the bench? Yeah nah

Woods, Klemmer, RFM, Martin, Jackson is our best starting pack.

Our biggest issue is Foran. Ffs when Martin made a break Foran couldnt keep up and looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

If Pay wants to use Mbye as another 5/8, put him at 5/8 and Frawley at 1/2. Foran can spend a couple of weeks in the rehab unit

Status
Not open for further replies.