2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Brown can throw a spiral pass to the right and can throw cut out passes.
But Frawley & Martin have been rested so likely sign they may be in the 17 next Thursday.
If Frawley goes into the halves and JMK is out and he keeps Lichaa as 9 I'm going to lose it.
Surely pay can’t be that fuken stupid can he. What the hell does licha do to not get dropped? His one crap hooker

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still Brown has to be pushing for 9.
To'omaga for bench surely??
Renouf should be there without a doubt I don’t know what else he can do and Brown can’t do much more either. In the past when ISP play after NRL on the weekend and the NRL team have a short turnaround they pull any player that they want in the NRL squad from the ISP game if that makes sense.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cleeland throws the ball instead of being a hero there and one of 2 score there.
EVeryone would've done the same thing. Up 30 with only 4 minutes to go

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ummmmm why was Lloyd Perrett still on the field just then? He was given 10 in the bin with 6 to go!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely pay can’t be that fuken stupid can he. What the hell does licha do to not get dropped? His one crap hooker
Hmmm....I have a bad feeling Lichaa will keep getting selected at our starting 9.
I don't see why.
I agree Lichaa is no good, should be moved out of the 17 all together but I could live with bench.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great game by doggies. Commentators mentioned brown who scored around 20 or so points maybe off to Manly once they have there salary cup problem sorted. This guy should be in 1st. Scored two tries from dummy half. Kicked all his goals. Solid player guess with our luck doggies will lose him.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great game by doggies. Commentators mentioned brown who scored around 20 or so points maybe off to Manly once they have there salary cup problem sorted. This guy should be in 1st. Scored two tries from dummy half. Kicked all his goals. Solid player guess with our luck doggies will lose him.
We don’t keep players who play offense, it’s disrespectful to score points against opposing teams!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had a beaut day at Belmore. All three teams won and it was great giving it to Manly.

DCE and his merry band of supporters put in an appearance as a pretense of solidarity but disappeared shortly after half time all bar Shaun Lane who came and sat in the Dogs player enclosure right beside us. Sitting like king d*ck DCE tried to look happy and interested, bouncing his young daughter on his knee.

Manly have another injury problem with Johnathan Wright who is in a temporary cast for what appeared to be a broken thumb. Gets worse and worse for them. I am betting that they will not use Hastings as a matter of principle and will probably shift players and promote others in his place. To do some of what they want to do they may have to seek an exemption from the NRL to promote some of the fringe players.

Martin and Frawley did not play and are going to Brisbane for our Thursday night game against the Gronkos. Finally some movement in first grade. We once again have a short turnaround whilst Broncos will have the full week to recover.

Had some good performances today in a pretty shuffled side with Nu Brown kicking conversions (7 in total) from everywhere and scoring two tries and our forwards doing something we have not seen for a while in first grade; good solid metres, offloads and rugged tackling. Always in control ,although Manly had a short time in which they scored three times in half an hour either side of half time.

Renouf was a colossus and carried several Manly players over the line with him supported by powerful leg drive to open our account. His second was just as impressive, hitting the defensive line and spinning out of a tackle to crash over.

The weakest player in my opinion was Okunbor who did his usual shirt grabbing and poor reads in defence although he did cart it up a few times.

In my opinion we would benefit from promoting a couple of the boys to get a taste of first grade, Lewis being one of them , he has been extraordinary in defence and can certainly put on some attack as welland Clay Priest impressed me mightily too with his efforts.

Heard from a source at the game that every single player in first grade do indeed have a back ended deal meaning the information we have heard is pretty close to the mark in that we have NO room to move with the cap. Pretty disappointing confirming that there will most certainly be players leaving the club at the end of the year ( I guess meaning the Moz boys and Eastwood as well.) ( That sort of confirms as well what an OP mentioned in another thread this week) I will be truly pissed if we lose Lewis and a couple of the others, thanks to back ended deals.

Hasler has left us with a mess, much like the one at Manly and it means starting over and trying to once again implement a system in which our lower grades are nurtured and considered an important part of the club. Hasler cared only for first grade and we have suffered accordingly.

Manly had four ex dogs in their line up, but none really made an impression.

Under the rules in the NSWRL Intrust ,Manly lost an interchange from their list as they stuffed up their team sheet before the game. Pretty cranky Manly official when they found that one out.......

We currently sit third on the ladder and Nu Brown is the leading try scorer with 8.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Intrust Super Premiership NSW Cup: Bulldogs v Wentworthville Magpies, Saturday 5th May, 6:30pm, Belmore Sports Ground

NO LIVE TELECAST
NO STREAMING

BULLDOGS (3/12 on ladder)
1. Mason Cerruto
2. Tom Carr
3. Joshua Bergamin
4. John Olive
5. Reimis Smith
6. Josh Cleeland
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Greg Eastwood
9. Nu Brown