Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By Danny Weidler

28 April 2018 — 9:59pm

NRL clubs have been put on legal notice — and it appears Bulldogs players, including Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods, could be next. That’s the stunning development in Des Hasler’s legal case against his old club.
The Bulldogs should be very nervous with the most recent turn of events in the Hasler v Bulldogs Supreme Court proceedings. Many clubs have been subpoenaed this week in relation to the matter and aren’t happy about being dragged into it.
The reasons the clubs have been subpoenaed remain unclear, but word out of the Bulldogs camp is that they are worried that Hasler’s lawyers will not be stopping there.
Hasler was taken off the market when he agreed to terms with the Bulldogs and any rival club wanting his services would have reassessed their options. The Bulldogs then decided Hasler wasn’t the man for them and that is the reason for the current court case. Perhaps that is why rival clubs are being called on by Hasler’s lawyers, to establish a bigger damages case?
It is my understanding that the Bulldogs are worried about what went on during the negotiations between the club and many of their big signings last year. Those concerns stem from the Bulldogs making it clear to those players and their managers that Hasler was signed on as the head coach for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
It is my understanding that at least three of their big signings were made on the back of the fact that Hasler was going to be there this season and next.

When Hasler’s contract was terminated in September, many players felt misled and let down by the club. There have been rumblings that, given the Bulldogs’ poor start to the season, some of those players could be looking for outs in their deals.
If the Bulldogs represented to the players that Hasler was going to be the coach, and they relied on that information to enter into the contract, then those players may have a case.
The problem is made worse for Canterbury by the fact that former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib negotiated most of those deals. He is no longer in charge of the club after being dumped by the members in February.
Dib is also not on speaking terms with key people on the new Bulldogs board and may well be unwilling to assist their case.
Seems like the Bulldogs have everything to lose.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there any legal stand point that the dogs can take on Hasler in regards to the state he has left the club in....perhaps even claim they ditched him because of it?? He has history to back it up (Manly).
Could be reason why Woods looks shite. Foran going missing. They can leave for all I care!

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One can hope Woods and Foran will go and we can use the money freed up a bit more wisely than Des did. But I can't see it happening - who will have the money for Woods or Foran?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Could be reason why Woods looks shite. Foran going missing. They can leave for all I care!
Although I like Foran if it get's us out of Hasler's mess sooner than I don't care who leaves. Jackson is the only player who is not replaceable in our team IMO.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good hopefully it's true because the way this team is playing at this stage I am happy if most are looking at outs in their contract, maybe then we can sign players who would bleed for this jersey and actually love playing for their passionate fans!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This would actually put the rebuild ahead of time if we can punt Woods. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening it’s just the lawyers trying to squeeze more money out of us.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Danny Weidler is a fuckwitt of the highest order!!
Most of his stories are gossip which is usually just made up bullshit anyway.
Any of us who is an employee can have the rugged pulled from under us at any time without notice.
Like what happened to Des.
The legal issue is the four corners of the heads of agreement and any document it refers to likely to.
Des' lawers will be establishing damages.
All this stuff "a Des clause" in Foran oe Woods contracts covered last year.
There is none.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Players can leave, will help the rebuild!!

As long as rfm,mbye an Jackson stay put the rest can go.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahaha @ Weedler's dribble..
His so called sources feed him bullshit info and he prints it...
D!ckhead of the highest order...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If players leave I can bet we would be paying part of their salary until their contract ends. We are in shambles lol.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned all the ***** who don't want to play for the club and felt they have been wronged by the club by sacking Des can go fuck themselves.

in short

Fuck Des and Fuck any player who doesn't want to play for the blue n white.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye, Jackson, Mariner, Lewis all can stay and Klemmer if he stops being a fake tough guy and actually rips in. Other than that I don't care who leaves

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By Danny Weidler

NRL clubs have been put on legal notice — and it appears Bulldogs players, including Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods, could be next. That’s the stunning development in Des Hasler’s legal case against his old club.
The Bulldogs should be very nervous with the most recent turn of events in the Hasler v Bulldogs Supreme Court proceedings. Many clubs have been subpoenaed this week in relation to the matter and aren’t happy about being dragged into it.
The reasons the clubs have been subpoenaed remain unclear, but word out of the Bulldogs camp is that they are worried that Hasler’s lawyers will not be stopping there.
Hasler was taken off the market when he agreed to terms with the Bulldogs and any rival club wanting his services would have reassessed their options. The Bulldogs then decided Hasler wasn’t the man for them and that is the reason for the current court case. Perhaps that is why rival clubs are being called on by Hasler’s lawyers, to establish a bigger damages case?
It is my understanding that the Bulldogs are worried about what went on during the negotiations between the club and many of their big signings last year. Those concerns stem from the Bulldogs making it clear to those players and their managers that Hasler was signed on as the head coach for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
It is my understanding that at least three of their big signings were made on the back of the fact that Hasler was going to be there this season and next.

When Hasler’s contract was terminated in September, many players felt misled and let down by the club. There have been rumblings that, given the Bulldogs’ poor start to the season, some of those players could be looking for outs in their deals.
If the Bulldogs represented to the players that Hasler was going to be the coach, and they relied on that information to enter into the contract, then those players may have a case.
The problem is made worse for Canterbury by the fact that former Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib negotiated most of those deals. He is no longer in charge of the club after being dumped by the members in February.
Dib is also not on speaking terms with key people on the new Bulldogs board and may well be unwilling to assist their case.
It's a pity we can't lose bottom feeders, misery mungers, these glory hounds calling themselves professional journalists. Without us you bastards would stave. Danny Weidler is the stench that lingers after you let one rip. He is the skid mark in a pair of unwashed undies and a Hasler cheer leader. Fuck you Danny and fuck Des too. This club will be around a lot longer than both you fuck wits no matter what your agenda and how much shit you choose to spew at our club!!!

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can tell you all first hand.. Danny will literally listen to anyone with any old bullshit rumor, and will run with it hook, line, and sinker. Months ago I almost sold him on a bogus rumour about Barba being unhappy and wanting to come back to the NRL. He was onto me for about 3-4 days pressing for more information "let me know if anything changes so I can report it", before I mentioned maybe call a few clubs because I believe they are keen "I'll make some calls tomorrow on this". Not sure if he caught on eventually, but yeah, he'll report anything and is heaps easy to bait.

Guaranteed this is Hasler/Haslers legal team firing a warning shot via the media to try and get the club to cave in during mediation (it's due for Supreme Court mediation VERY soon iirc).

As for the players.. they have already come out in full support of Dean Pay and during numerous interviews with both Woods AND Foran, both have stated Hasler wasn't the real reason they signed with the club.

So Weaseler is talking through his arse on that one.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
By Danny Weidler

If, if, if; and a few maybes. No substance to this fluff piece, except that maybe Weidler gets a kickback from certain agents to promote their people's interest.
Let's wait for the court rulings before we believe any of the rumours spread by haters of the club.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned all the ***** who don't want to play for the club and felt they have been wronged by the club by sacking Des can go fuck themselves.

in short

Fuck Des and Fuck any player who doesn't want to play for the blue n white.
Don't let yourself get hoodwinked by fake journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.