Seems like mbye still wants to play halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok I'm sick of this shit were
Mbye is kicking the ball this take him out of the game in regards to woods looking for a fullback to pass 2 mbye doesn't not backup woods or klemmer at all and I think it's due to the fact that the way we construct our sets mbyes always waiting for the ball to kick Foran and JMK are the halves it helps to have a fullback that can kick but fuck me it's getting out of hand

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mbye should never ever play halfback. fullback is his position and he should back his forwards.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another food for thought slap jmk to fb and try mbye to partner Foran... deadset nothing can get worse but try things can it? But then again Foran can’t control the side for the life of him from the looks of it and we all know mbye isn’t one to control a side also

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye should never ever play halfback. fullback is his position and he should back his forwards.
Not saying he should be but his playing like he is and his not playing the fullback explosive role that he can play

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye needs to learn attacking skills of a fullback At the moment he is a broken field runner only. Or maybe u can’t put brains in statues?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you can use full stops but I get what you mean.

if Foran is not going to demand the ball on last tackle, Mbyes, hoppas, morris boys are going to kick it do it themselves.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He had the most kicking metres for a player that wasn’t a half in the whole NRL before this round. After seeing JMK kick tonight it’s obvious why Mbye is the alternate kicker to Foran.
I said this a while ago not JMK at fullback he wasn't in the picture yet but I had Bmoz at fullback but as u do on the kennel I got absolutely sprayed for it JMK would be a good 9

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye needs to learn attacking skills of a fullback At the moment he is a broken field runner only. Or maybe u can’t put brains in statues?
Been saying this for a few weeks. Hopefully it will come but at the moment he is just a good broken field runner. When he chimes into the back line he doesn't create an over lap he doesn't create anything for the other backs. He seems to always run and when he passes it's too hard, to high or to early.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you can use full stops but I get what you mean.

if Foran is not going to demand the ball on last tackle, Mbyes, hoppas, morris boys are going to kick it do it themselves.
Full stops are out of the picture when ur this fired up loll

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His still learning his position, he's the least of our problems.
Our game plan, slow play the balls, kicking game and refusing to set up anything constructive is what's costing us

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
His still learning his position, he's the least of our problems.
Our game plan, slow play the balls, kicking game and refusing to set up anything constructive is what's costing us
He is part of the kicking game and is supposed to set up constructive attacking plays,that’s a fullbacks job in the modern game.Failure to carry out the coaches game plan rests on the 1,6,7 &9 so he is far from the least of our problems but as an experienced player he should be taking the heat off our inexperienced 6

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not like anyone else in the team wanted to play halfback.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another food for thought slap jmk to fb and try mbye to partner Foran... deadset nothing can get worse but try things can it? But then again Foran can’t control the side for the life of him from the looks of it and we all know mbye isn’t one to control a side also
Mbye halves in attack and defending at fullback?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is part of the kicking game and is supposed to set up constructive attacking plays,that’s a fullbacks job in the modern game.Failure to carry out the coaches game plan rests on the 1,6,7 &9 so he is far from the least of our problems but as an experienced player he should be taking the heat off our inexperienced 6
He kicks more then our halves do and he is new to his position which is probably the hardest position to master. He has been one of our most consistent all year, he is following the coach orders so I would blame the coach before him and I have never been a big fan of mybe but I think he has been one of our shining lights this year along with the Morris twins

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe part of the issue is lichaa and mbye being best buddies. Mbye is getting the ball over our halves in the red zone and it shouldn’t be that way. Lichaa the shit **** is playing favourites! Not using the small brain capacity he has to read the game.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye has nfi how to play FB, if he had trailed out forwards especially Woods he would have made a shot load of line breaks. FB isn't a hard job for a footballer on his money. He just doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will.

Our halves were disgusting tonight especially JMK. Foran went missing most of the game too.

All you idiots screaming at lichaa.. Our forwards were constantly put on their backs tackle after tackle and were slow to play the ball. Even cook wouldn't have been able to get quick service from dummy half with the slow play the balls.
And also look where our halves stand in attack, they were the 2nd or 3rd receivers last night. That's not lichaas fault. They didn't call for the ball, they didn't setup our forwards. They were flat footed most of the game. He was looking for someone to throw it too and they were never in place even when they got the ball.
Last night we played exactly like DESBALL from last year. Our forwards were the halves.

We desperately need a.proper halfback, not a 5/8. A proper halfback like Cleary etc who will direct the team at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.