The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rumour is Bancroft to get a 9 month ban.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Massive massive over exaggeration. No one has ever gotten more than a few games for ball tampering and now they are handing out 12 month bans.

People say this is premeditated hahaha pretty much all of them are. Only difference is they had tape.

I hope they fight it and win.

Warner can fuck off though

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Massive massive over exaggeration. No one has ever gotten more than a few games for ball tampering and now they are handing out 12 month bans.
The others never admitted to 'planning' it.

That's why they are getting the huge bans.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's more disgraceful them getting banned for 12 months than the action they did.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should have been forced to play for England, ***** got off lucky imo.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

So for being honest and saying we fucked up they're getting punished more lol. Man might as well lie next time lol.

Makes no difference if someone tampers with the ball on the field randomly or someone decides during lunch to take some tape with him to do it. Same shit.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The punishment they've copped already from the public, the ICC sanctions + a bit more from CA and the humiliation would have sufficed.

This is grossly exaggerated

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I am not sure where i stand on this all now, originally i was like yep ban em all but the more i think about it, the more i think 12 months is fairly harsh. Happy to see smith removed of his captaincy and tbh i never liked warner anyway (as anyone who reads this thread would have noticed lol). The governing body of cricket doesn't think that much about the charges as you can see by smith getting a single game suspension and bancroft just demerit points (both fined). No other country has ever handed punishment out like this before and there are teams like SA that has a captain that has been charged twice for ball tampering, even the great sachin tendulkar got charged for the same offence. I do get the whole premeditated part and that is not good at all but most of all the other people charged for the same thing, it would have been premeditated too.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I am not sure where i stand on this all now, originally i was like yep ban em all but the more i think about it, the more i think 12 months is fairly harsh. Happy to see smith removed of his captaincy and tbh i never liked warner anyway (as anyone who reads this thread would have noticed lol). The governing body of cricket doesn't think that much about the charges as you can see by smith getting a single game suspension and bancroft just demerit points (both fined). No other country has ever handed punishment out like this before and there are teams like SA that has a captain that has been charged twice for ball tampering, even the great sachin tendulkar got charged for the same offence. I do get the whole premeditated part and that is not good at all but most of all the other people charged for the same thing, it would have been premeditated too.
100% premeditated. Some even take extra lollies with them on the field in case lol. Can't prove shit iv the umpire says why so many. It happens lol.

Anyways I hope smith appeals it

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he may have harboured a toxic dressing room but how on earth do you know what he said into the walkie talkie? He may have seen the footage and was raging wtf are they doing? He could have said anything, who knows, i know you and i certainly don't because we were not there.
To the innocent eye, it only looked like Bancroft was rubbing the ball.....no evidence of using the tape.

It was only after Bancroft pulled out the tape from his pocket and shoved it down his pants that the illegality of his action was apparent to all...... after the 12th man told him about it on Lehmann's instruction. So Lehman had to know!

The fact that he also went into hiding and didn't condemn the leadership group" that he supposedly wasn't part of, also speaks volumes about his guilt.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A line has now been drawn in the sand. Here is hoping that no one is dumb enough to cross it in the future.

Lehmann looks to have escaped; is he not privy to the leadership team discussions? He is after all the coach or did the big two hatch the plot on their own with or without input from other team members.

I don't know what was more unconscionable; the fact that the captain and vice captain enticed the youngster to do what he did or the fact that the young bloke listened to them and did it.

I find it funny that there are those who want to defend the players with the sort of ' boys will be boys ' defence and try to justify a lesser punishment by using the defence that others have done it in the past and not been as severly reprimanded and punished. Perhaps sparing the rod has spoilt the child in this case.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
A line has now been drawn in the sand. Here is hoping that no one is dumb enough to cross it in the future.

Lehmann looks to have escaped; is he not privy to the leadership team discussions? He is after all the coach or did the big two hatch the plot on their own with or without input from other team members.

I don't know what was more unconscionable; the fact that the captain and vice captain enticed the youngster to do what he did or the fact that the young bloke listened to them and did it.

I find it funny that there are those who want to defend the players with the sort of ' boys will be boys ' defence and try to justify a lesser punishment by using the defence that others have done it in the past and not been as severly reprimanded and punished. Perhaps sparing the rod has spoilt the child in this case.
The captain didn't entice anyone. The vice captain did. The captain didn't stand in his way

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I’m hearing Warner hatched the plan went to Bancroft and said do it because the heats already on me with my hand bandages. He said why not and Smith said I don’t want to know about it. And here we are now with the bans.

What I’m pissed off about is the CA have watched David Warner be a complete tosser for 5 or so years now when ever he gets on the field but now they bring up the spirit of cricket because we get caught. Warner has tarnished the reputation of this whole team and taken two of our better players with him and Sutherland should be sacked for allowing it to get this far. It’s a disgrace and it starts at the top with him.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
From what I’m hearing Warner hatched the plan went to Bancroft and said do it because the heats already on me with my hand bandages. He said why not and Smith said I don’t want to know about it. And here we are now with the bans.

What I’m pissed off about is the CA have watched David Warner be a complete tosser for 5 or so years now when ever he gets on the field but now they bring up the spirit of cricket because we get caught. Warner has tarnished the reputation of this whole team and taken two of our better players with him and Sutherland should be sacked for allowing it to get this far. It’s a disgrace and it starts at the top with him.
Here fucking here. That **** Sutherland needs to go. I said it years ago he needs to go. He is a rotten egg

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To the innocent eye, it only looked like Bancroft was rubbing the ball.....no evidence of using the tape.

It was only after Bancroft pulled out the tape from his pocket and shoved it down his pants that the illegality of his action was apparent to all...... after the 12th man told him about it on Lehmann's instruction. So Lehman had to know!

The fact that he also went into hiding and didn't condemn the leadership group" that he supposedly wasn't part of, also speaks volumes about his guilt.
Yeah but that is just innuendo and guess work, there is zero evidence to back up that claim and obviously CA think that way too. For what you are saying to be true than CA are covering it up, why the conspiracy, like what is the point after seeing how hard they have come down on the players?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, every cricket nation can be hypocritical and sanctimonious. I think the three word term you’re looking for is tall poppy syndrome. How are we high and mighty compared to other teams who have threatened to walk out and abandon yours when things haven’t gone their way?

I hen we do wrong and get sanctioned, we accept it. There are definitely more high and mighty teams in world cricket. He’ll when South African players go something wrong line Rabada, they try to throw it back at us.

*coughs

Tall poppy :p
Almost right. When we get sanctioned by the impotent ICC, our Board has some integrity to say, you know what? The penalty the ICC put up was inadequate, we think Smith & Warner should get 12 months each & Bancroft 9. Whilst the other countries plead innocent & try to get their sanctions overturned.