R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the speed of Granville's passing and movement tonight.

Everything Leicha does is in slow motion compared to him and most other 9 in the Comp.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't say mbyes killing it . He's just keeping his head above water well , you know ,maybe because he's not a professional fullback .

You had to bring up. Ennis wouldn't make a good fullback either because I don't know maybe because he's not a professional fullback . On the other hand Ennis is a go forward type of player and he'd probably be OK in any other position though.
Lol just lol hes been retired for years you realise??......So yeah, he couldnt play any position now.
As for versatility i cant recall him ever covering any position other then hooker. He was an out and out hooker. Nothing else.
Mbye has been moved all over the place from 5/8, to halfback, centre, hooker and now fullback where he looks to have finally found his position. Sure he didnt stand out in any of those positions, but he never chose what position he would play, that was des, and, well do i need to explain?
Mbye has been one of the absolute highlights of our two losses so far. He was close to best on field in our side both games, yet your claiming he is not a professional fb.
Another quality post.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I realise he's doing a good job as a fill in , he's probably in the same calibre as Sam perrett but my comment is not a personal attack on mbye I'm pointing out the 'elephant in the room' where we've just learnt to live with 'make do' fullbacks for far too long.
Fullbacks are prominent in attacking football but he's not (not personal) just pointing it out
I take it you didnt watch our first two games!!! Either this or you were powdering your nose in the bathroom each time he had the ball in his hand. It has to be either of these two things. Or.......................you have no idea.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lol just lol hes been retired for years you realise??......So yeah, he couldnt play any position now.
As for versatility i cant recall him wver covering any position other then hooker. He was an out and out hooker. Nothing else.
Mbye has been moved all over the place from 5/8, to halfback, centre, hooker and now fullback where he looks to have finally found his position. Sure he didnt stand out in amy of those positions, but he never chose what position he would play, that was des, and, well do i need to explain?
Mby has been one of the absolute highlights of our two losses so far. He was close to best on fiwld in our side both games, yet your claiming he is not a professional fb.
Another quality post.
Mbye has impressed me so far, but then again I'm not surprised! FB or Centre would be the 2 best spots for him. That first touch in game 1 when he almost sliced straight through looked very promising.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen Garlick play so can't comment on him. Great news if we have another good option there. What about Woodford?
Garlick isn't great. Just has better service because Brown is doesn't give good service. Woolford seems to be cursed.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont care if we lose. I just dont want more than 2 trys put on us tbh
I'm glad someone like you ain't got my back,you'll be running before a punch is even thrown.Of course you care,your club needs you more then ever.Pick yourself off the ground and dust yourself up.Remember the pride you had when we used to belt teams,get that pride back.We will lose when the final hooter sounds and not 1 second before.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everything Leicha does is in slow motion compared to him and most other 9 in the Comp.
Said it last week. He might be the best we have but if that’s the case we have to recruit a better hooker for next season

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go buy a copy of Big League and learn how to spell the name of your club’s hooker.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is raw, he may not be the answer for the dogs this yr in regards to helping us win a premiership, a premiership we have no chance of winning actually. I'm thinking about the future and considering we are rebuilding, we should start throwing in the young prospects with the most potential ensuring we fast track careers, it can only bring our premiership windows closer. The Kid can play no doubt, few adjustments and he will be in the NRL one day so why not get him ready as soon as possible.

And his only in the centre's because Frawkey got dropped and at this stage Frawkey is a better HB but if anything it only displays his versatility and ability as a footballer to play in the backline.

Truthfully I can see the kid become a rangy 6 like Anasta or if he gets some size into him maybe a Travis Norton style lock, I hope.
I agree with you mate. Not so much about Lewis specifically but the need for us to give the youngsters a shot at FG through the bench system. Invariably one of our benchies either doesn't get on the field or it they do it is only for 10 mins. that should be an opportunity to give some of the up and comers a taste of the speed and power of FG (I include Cleeland and Martin in that group). Even last night looking at Hess, he's basically been a benchie for 2 or 3 years now and gets a shot as a starter and comes up trumps. I know he is an exceptional footy player but the Cows have brought him through slowly and there are plenty of other examples in every team but ours. We need to use at least one of our bench positions as an open door to give youngsters a taste and see if they can step up. On that basis Martin/To'omaga/Ogden/Cleeland/Lewis/Garlick to name a few should get an opportunity during the season to see how they go. Even if it ends up being only 5-10mins here or there at least they will get tested.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excuse me mother Teresa!

When he learns to pass, I will learn his name.

If it wasnt for Pay, he wouldn't be listed in any Big League.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you mate. Not so much about Lewis specifically but the need for us to give the youngsters a shot at FG through the bench system. Invariably one of our benchies either doesn't get on the field or it they do it is only for 10 mins. that should be an opportunity to give some of the up and comers a taste of the speed and power of FG (I include Cleeland and Martin in that group). Even last night looking at Hess, he's basically been a benchie for 2 or 3 years now and gets a shot as a starter and comes up trumps. I know he is an exceptional footy player but the Cows have brought him through slowly and there are plenty of other examples in every team but ours. We need to use at least one of our bench positions as an open door to give youngsters a taste and see if they can step up. On that basis Martin/To'omaga/Ogden/Cleeland/Lewis/Garlick to name a few should get an opportunity during the season to see how they go. Even if it ends up being only 5-10mins here or there at least they will get tested.
Cowboys had the advantage of two good experienced backrowers which is why Hess was brought along slowly. We don't have that advantage, in some cases we're forced to throw the kids into the deep end and depending on the kid it's either a success or not.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad someone like you ain't got my back,you'll be running before a punch is even thrown.Of course you care,your club needs you more then ever.Pick yourself off the ground and dust yourself up.Remember the pride you had when we used to belt teams,get that pride back.We will lose when the final hooter sounds and not 1 second before.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Lets keep teams to a respectable score, then we'll move forward. Every team can score tries. The teams who are a force, can defend.

I am not in the "we'll win the comp this year" camp. I am in the "2018/2019 are rebuilding years" camp. I want to see progressive improvement week to week. 2020, we win the comp!!!!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Said it last week. He might be the best we have but if that’s the case we have to recruit a better hooker for next season
I would have Cook back in a heart beat

Jackson Hastings
Mitch Rein
Danny Levi
James Segeyaro

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day. Lets keep teams to a respectable score, then we'll move forward. Every team can score tries. The teams who are a force, can defend.

I am not in the "we'll win the comp this year" camp. I am in the "2018/2019 are rebuilding years" camp. I want to see progressive improvement week to week. 2020, we win the comp!!!!
Im guessing you missed last season then. Couldnt s ore a try if the fate of the universe depended on it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So roll call, who's going to the game???

I'll be there, probably have to get there early because of the damned easter show

Status
Not open for further replies.