Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most likely because they were first here an estimated 50,000 years ago, so celebrating a date 200 odd years ago when the Europeans arrived doesn't mean much to them.
Well instead of being triggered snowflakes about it, just don't celebrate it then. But they are happy to take the benefits and hand outs from the "whites".

My parents came here in the early 70's and we love our country, a bunch of bored trouble making morons won't stop us celebrating our national day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We can't change history

Unity is the only way forward

On all sides
At least they still have a country to call their own. Us Assyrians were the original abos of the Mid East and we still haven't got our own land.

Sometimes enough is not enough for some people...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least they still have a country to call their own. Us Assyrians were the original abos of the Mid East and we still haven't got our own land.

You guys had your glory days though time to move on hahahah but you make a good point, it’s not just abos who’ve been done wrong by, but that’s what the powers that be will make you believe if you don’t have an open mind and don’t live in a bubble. Many races and religious minorities in the Mid East have been extinguished from their homeland and aren’t getting any amount of recognition nor a sorry for that matter and I don’t see western countries fighting or caring for them. The political left don’t even give a shit about aboriginals, it’s all for political gain, and once they don’t need them anymore they’ll fuck them off just like they will do with all groups they’re supposedly fighting for which is just a mirage of fighting.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys had your glory days though time to move on hahahah but you make a good point, it’s not just abos who’ve been done wrong by, but that’s what the powers that be will make you believe if you don’t have an open mind and don’t live in a bubble. Many races and religious minorities in the Mid East have been extinguished from their homeland and aren’t getting any amount of recognition nor a sorry for that matter and I don’t see western countries fighting or caring for them. The political left don’t even give a shit about aboriginals, it’s all for political gain, and once they don’t need them anymore they’ll fuck them off just like they will do with all groups they’re supposedly fighting for which is just a mirage of fighting.
Such has been the way of human existence since history records

Let's enjoy Australia Day and stop dragging it down with history we can not change

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Such has been the way of human existence since history records

Let's enjoy Australia Day and stop dragging it down with history we can not change
King oath!

Just enjoy the day.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My parents came here in the early 70's and we love our country
My dad's side arrived here in the early 1900's (we are not sure about my mothers side), my grandmother (who died 10 years ago and actually made it to 100, she was born in 1908), she lived in Sydney her entire life, geez she had some fascinating stories about the place, the changes she would have seen in Sydney is mind-boggling. Her best story was always the night the midget jap sub made into syndey harbour during ww2.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My dad's side arrived here in the early 1900's (we are not sure about my mothers side), my grandmother (who died 10 years ago and actually made it to 100, she was born in 1908), she lived in Sydney her entire life, geez she had some fascinating stories about the place, the changes she would have seen in Sydney is mind-boggling. Her best story was always the night the midget jap sub made into syndey harbour during ww2.
Geez, one tough lady.

I guess they don't make them like they used to.

PS her stories would of been amazing.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez, one tough lady.

I guess they don't make them like they used to.

PS her stories would of been amazing.
She always talked about wanting her letter from the queen (you get one if you reach 100), she died two days after getting hers.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They can, and I hope that they will
The civilised ones do, like Uncle Chicka. The others are too precious and living in the past. NO ONE does the "Welcome to Country" speech like Uncle Chicka. This bloke is awesome...

Wahesh

Reaction score

Listen to me brother, and listen to me good...

EVERY SINGLE ASSYRIAN ON THIS PLANET IS WELCOME IN LEBANON, PERIOD.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bloody Japs. Let's see them try something like that today.

Seriously though, Japan is a fascinating country I hope to visit someday. It's a ashame back in the WWII days their military leaders were Karmichaels though!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody Japs. Let's see them try something like that today.

Seriously though, Japan is a fascinating country I hope to visit someday. It's a ashame back in the WWII days their military leaders were Karmichaels though!
So true
There is a lot to like about Japan and their policies

I like that they don't suffer Islamic terror also.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't change history
You keep saying this line, but it's not about "changing history" IMO.

My own view on the date, as I mentioned above is that, quite frankly a stupid day was chosen in the first place. The only event that happening on 26 January 1788 was Captain Phillip declaring where he stood, and all he saw, to be empty (which it clearly wasn't) and taking it for England. Not very inspiring day really. Not one country I can think of celebrates its national day with such an occasion. India's national day, for example, isn't on the day the English showed up, nor does Mexico celebrate on the day the Spanish rocked up etc. They have days when they truly declared independence from their colonial powers.

But it is what it is, and as I mentioned earlier, although I think a dumb date was chosen in the first place, there isn't, at this stage, a unifying alternative, so there isn't point of changing for change sake. BUT hopefully when we finally become republic (and I don't think anyone will bother until the Queen is dead) and cut the cord with mother England, we can finally maybe declare that date as our new national holiday. I personally think they would be more fitting than just picking a new date now :grinning:

Next week, I will be holding a flag and singing the national anthem (BOTH bloody verses - although I still mumble a bit through the 2nd), and making a short non-controversial speech about how great being an Australian citizen is, but I do hope for the day Australia takes that final step - when it's ready.

If one is bored, here is the full list of national holidays according to Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_day#List_of_national_days

Have a good weekend all.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You keep saying this line, but it's not about "changing history" IMO.

My own view on the date, as I mentioned above is that, quite frankly a stupid day was chosen in the first place. The only event that happening on 26 January 1788 was Captain Phillip declaring where he stood, and all he saw, to be empty (which it clearly wasn't) and taking it for England. Not very inspiring day really. Not one country I can think of celebrates its national day with such an occasion. India's national day, for example, isn't on the day the English showed up, nor does Mexico celebrate on the day the Spanish rocked up etc. They have days when they truly declared independence from their colonial powers.

But it is what it is, and as I mentioned earlier, although I think a dumb date was chosen in the first place, there isn't, at this stage, a unifying alternative, so there isn't point of changing for change sake. BUT hopefully when we finally become republic (and I don't think anyone will bother until the Queen is dead) and cut the cord with mother England, we can finally maybe declare that date as our new national holiday. I personally think they would be more fitting than just picking a new date now :grinning:

Next week, I will be holding a flag and singing the national anthem (BOTH bloody verses - although I still mumble a bit through the 2nd), and making a short non-controversial speech about how great being an Australian citizen is, but I do hope for the day Australia takes that final step - when it's ready.

If one is bored, here is the full list of national holidays according to Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_day#List_of_national_days

Have a good weekend all.
I haven't read past the sentence where you suggest the date is stupid.

And I'll tell you why I didn't read on.

I have heard it all before.

And frankly I am happy to discuss it throughout the year.

If it's decided to change the date then so be it.

But for now it's January 26th

And as a proud Australian I shall be respectfully celebrating this great nation of ours.

And I urge everyone to do the same.

Don't bring it down with politics that can be and will be sorted for n due course.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So true
There is a lot to like about Japan and their policies

I like that they don't suffer Islamic terror also.
Entire South America doesn’t suffer from “Islamic terror” , wonder why.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't read past the sentence where you suggest the date is stupid.

And I'll tell you why I didn't read on.

I have heard it all before.

And frankly I am happy to discuss it throughout the year.

If it's decided to change the date then so be it.

But for now it's January 26th

And as a proud Australian I shall be respectfully celebrating this great nation of ours.

And I urge everyone to do the same.

Don't bring it down with politics that can be and will be sorted for n due course.
One can celebrate Australia Day, and have a discussion on it at the same time, if they so wish. It doesn't denigrate your own enjoyment of it, surely?

It's still a week out.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One can celebrate Australia Day, and have a discussion on it at the same time, if they so wish. It doesn't denigrate your own enjoyment of it, surely?

It's still a week out.
I find it disrespectful and dispirited to spoil the occasion by constantly talking shit about Australia Day every year.

Negative people just always trying to bring shit down.

It spoils the occasion for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.