Lol feminists please explain this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@CaptainJackson What's your opinion on the type of students in selective schools now as opposed to when you went there?

My understanding of the students now are not free thinking or have a healthy thirst for learning. My son cant connect with a majority of them because they're either social justice warriors , socially awkward or reclusive.. He hangs out with only a handful of kids at School and on weekends his primary school mates.. It's sad I want to change his school because of it .. I expected he'd continue to make lots of friends and build a good social life but it seems the opposite is happening

How did you get on there ?
I went in the 90s so it's bound to be different to when I went to a selective school.

But thinking back to it we hardly discussed politics and it was more about sports. So from a moral perspective I can't really comment.

Though I'll point out that if he has a belief in a certain topic, he's going to be faced with a more intelligent, analytical mind, as opposition, in a selective school than just a normal public school. Hence he's going to have to learn how to defend or analyze his views.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I actually struggle with that thought because I really should be cooking n cleaning and because my family are naturally sexist and really really bad at housework..
Lol! You deserve a lovely holiday Wolfy..on a nice tropical beach..away from everything..you really do!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In our case, part of the roll is reception

And we find our clients respond better when first greated by a friendly female
Given it's the kitchen industry, most our clients are mid to high end clients
Usually other females.

The female touch is appreciated by our clients
Dude you've just pointed out the problem with this sexist stereotyping. Do you see it?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I went in the 90s so it's bound to be different to when I went to a selective school.

But thinking back to it we hardly discussed politics and it was more about sports. So from a moral perspective I can't really comment.

Though I'll point out that if he has a belief in a certain topic, he's going to be faced with a more intelligent, analytical mind, as opposition, in a selective school than just a normal public school. Hence he's going to have to learn how to defend or analyze his views.
The problem he loves sport but there's very little interest in sport with the other students..their social outlet is either tutoring on weekends or yum cha. These kids are not analytical or open to discussing higher learning they're like robots or social retards as he calls them

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I see the angle you are looking at it from

Can you see the point I was actually making
I understand your point. Women have it a lot better here than the majority of the world, we definitely are a long way ahead in progressive attitudes to women. I agree with that point.

Where we seem to differ is that I feel there's still vast improvement we need to make whereas you see it as sufficient

And noticed how I used the general term of sexist stereotyping and not necessarily feminism?

Because in the situation you described a man was deemed not good enough simply because he isn't a woman. It works both ways in this situation

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand your point. Women have it a lot better here than the majority of the world, we definitely are a long way ahead in progressive attitudes to women. I agree with that point.

Where we seem to differ is that I feel there's still vast improvement we need to make whereas you see it as sufficient
No
I admit misogyny exists

I just don't think it's to the extent that you and feminist seem to think.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No
I admit misogyny exists

I just don't think it's to the extent that you and feminist seem to think.
Depends what type of feminist we're talking about (in reference to my agreement with them).

There are some who are completely over board

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends what type of feminist we're talking about (in reference to my agreement with them).

There are some who are completely over board
Hence the point of the video in this thread

I think you did mention that previously that the girls school responded harshly

That's actually the point of view I'm talking about

Completely gone over mr95% head by looks of things

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem he loves sport but there's very little interest in sport with the other students..their social outlet is either tutoring on weekends or yum cha. These kids are not analytical or open to discussing higher learning they're like robots or social retards as he calls them
He'll find himself. Stop worrying and let him be.

It's around the later years of high school where I remember the whole year mixing with each other, during the earlier years (yr 7,8,9) everyone stuck to their own groups of about 10 or so pple

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

The response from Sydney girls was utterly stupid, did more damage to their cause then aid it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope
Cause he missed the point and looked at it from the wrong angle

He is smart enough to re focus and see the correct point I was making

Are you equally as smart
Or are you too clouded by your current agenda
Nah I’m dumb as dogshit..lol! Current agenda? Very nice..I don’t have agendas bud..I don’t talk in riddles..i call it as I see it..and yeah I see the point..you chose a woman over a man because of her ‘suitability’ to be on reception ..even theough the guy was well qualified.. And I don’t doubt that men do face the same inequality....as do guys with tattoos..other nationalities..but women experience it more..there is no doubt in my mind..it’s better than it used to be that’s true..especially in Australia..but stereotyping is a bane on society..it will be a long time before this is filtered out..Heck I’m guilty of it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Just watched the video..yep the video Sydney Boys High is cringe worthy and the response by Sydney Girls High was ridiculous...
Um..did it? Lol..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll find himself. Stop worrying and let him be.

It's around the later years of high school where I remember the whole year mixing with each other, during the earlier years (yr 7,8,9) everyone stuck to their own groups of about 10 or so pple
Yeah I think you're right, I just worry lol.. He's not wanting to leave either

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah I’m dumb as dogshit..lol! Current agenda? Very nice..I don’t have agendas bud..I don’t talk in riddles..i call it as I see it..and yeah I see the point..you chose a woman over a man because of her ‘suitability’ to be on reception ..even theough the guy was well qualified.. And I don’t doubt that men do face the same inequality....as do guys with tattoos..other nationalities..but women experience it more..there is no doubt in my mind..it’s better than it used to be that’s true..especially in Australia..but stereotyping is a bane on society..it will be a long time before this is filtered out..Heck I’m guilty of it.
Hey guess what

We recently hired a labourer to deliver our cabinets

We hired a man
A young man
Fit strong and willing to work hard

We had 13 applicants

1 was female

We hired the a man.

Guess what
We deemed him more suitable to lifting heavy cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.