Man runs down people on Flinders St in Melb with 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You just did what you hate. Your ex-faith is more appropriate? The one that wants you dead because you turned your back on?

Don't start bro. You could of left all books have content "inappropriate" for these times. Everything man touches is corrupt or corruptable. Yes even religions and science.

PS what you and most people think is yes the old testament is outdated, but us Christians don't follow the old testament, which is basically the Torah.

We follow Christ and the New Testament. The most the OT is for us is a reference.
Bro there's a difference between a critical analysis of a religious text and labelling all religious followers inherently evil because their text says evil things even though that follower may not interpret it that way.

If we're to have an honest critical analysis then you can't escape the logical consequence that even though you may follow the nt, the God of the OT and nt is the same.

But let's not go down to in depth analysis, as I said it's been done to death and readily available on the internet.

Yep Cap..but Islamic leaders need to be at the fore front of this..and be the ones taking charge.. It’s obvious to you and me..and anyone with half-a-brain these people who commit these attacks do not represent the true essence of Islam..but to rednecks thinking it’s not so clear..they believe all Muslims are like these fools.. So it’s these closed minds that need education..and it’s the leaders of Islam who are the ones best to do it..

And who knows..with clear guidance and instructions it may just stop some of these crazies to realise they are not following Islam how it is meant to be followed..
I can't agree on the statement of true essence of any religion. We can conduct analysis on it and come up with an approximate true essence, but to do that you'd need to apply the moral and outcomes of the times those texts were written.

In saying what I have said about people being emotional creatures and acting up, this doesn't mean that those religious texts get a free pass because they do contribute to the problem.

The western world has to strike at the heart of extremist Islamic teaching and that criticism should be directed at the leaders of many Islamic nations. It shoyld be no different to the criticism that duerte is copping in the Philippines. It's about time the rest of the world started pressuring some of these nations to join the 21st century by actively calling out the backwardness cultures of some of those nations

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro there's a difference between a critical analysis of a religious text and labelling all religious followers inherently evil because their text says evil things even though that follower may not interpret it that way.

If we're to have an honest critical analysis then you can't escape the logical consequence that even though you may follow the nt, the God of the OT and nt is the same.

But let's not go down to in depth analysis, as I said it's been done to death and readily available on the internet.

I can't agree on the statement of true essence of any religion. We can conduct analysis on it and come up with an approximate true essence, but to do that you'd need to apply the moral and outcomes of the times those texts were written.

In saying what I have said about people being emotional creatures and acting up, this doesn't mean that those religious texts get a free pass because they do contribute to the problem.

The western world has to strike at the heart of extremist Islamic teaching and that criticism should be directed at the leaders of many Islamic nations. It shoyld be no different to the criticism that duerte is copping in the Philippines. It's about time the rest of the world started pressuring some of these nations to join the 21st century by actively calling out the backwardness cultures of some of those nations
I’m an atheist..even so as an outsider observer.. However the true essence of religion..is basically the betterment of the person..and thus the betterment of society..that in a nutshell is really what the purpose of ‘modern day’ religion is..or supposed to be.. And that’s what needs to be promoted..And it’s the duty of world religious leaders to get that point across..which they are not doing..and that’s my point..like yours.. Someone has to stand up..from all religions..and only then will their followers listen..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

That's the problem these days bro, sheep would rather label a whole group of people rather than actually find out their principles and morals.

There is good and bad people in every good and bad group.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
didn't see any one debating Christianity in the 70s when IRA were blowing shit up in Europe and the same afghans, Iraqis and Syrians were much more peaceful.

why not debate the point why there are so many refugees on our shores in the first place, now when there were none 40 years ago.

watch out for the next wave of Yemeni refugees, thanks to uncle Sam/ Saudi America led war in yemen,

why not discuss the common factor , the elephant in the room, in all this who have been bombing the shit out of the middle east for few decades now.

you don't want refugees , don't bomb them or stop the people/countries who are making these refugees in the first place.

lets debate.
I'll debate.

Let's talk about how Christians and Muslims were living peacefully for hundreds of years in Iraq. Let's talk about we helped eachother without caring what we believe. Let's talk about the Christians and Muslims fighting together against evil. Let's talk about Assyrians/Kurds/Iraqi's United against the West created Isis.

Na, we can't talk about that because the MSM keeps this away from the sheep and feed them bullshit about some whore family who's greatest achievement was sucking a black dick.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you to the Australian government for not properly screening peasants before giving them sanctuary. I sometimes wonder if they do it on purpose knowing these sorts of outcomes will occur?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep pro-active..it sends a clear message..and most importantly it clearly states what the Church or others like..stance is..

Ps..I’m with you..there lies the problem with Pedophilia and the Church..the continual cover up of vile creatures because of some outdated ‘rule’ that needs to be updated for the modern world..How about the victim receiving some solace and cleansing.. Just wicked..
The ones that protect these demons are worse than demons.

Why can't the Pope come out and just say, we are against any pedos that have infiltrated their church and will Name, shame and punish them and their protectors?

Why wouldn't you distant you church from this evil and harbour it instead?

As I am Orthodox, our leaders made public warnings to any evil person involved in our Church, if there are any and they are found they will be dealt publicly and condemned asap.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thank you to the Australian government for not properly screening peasants before giving them sanctuary. I sometimes wonder if they do it on purpose knowing these sorts of outcomes will occur?
Governments are the biggest problem of the world. Not the "Muslim baddies" aka boogeyman aka Isis (the elites goddess they adore), they fund and arm the Muslim baddies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure of anyone has noticed but funny enough, ISIS has not claimed the responsibility of this attack as yet, despite them claiming responsibility for Hurricane Harvey and they also called Stephen Paddock (LA shooter) as their own.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
not sure of anyone has noticed but funny enough, ISIS has not claimed the responsibility of this attack as yet, despite them claiming responsibility for Hurricane Harvey and they also called Stephen Paddock (LA shooter) as their own.
TPTB must realise even the sheep are starting to call bullshit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Governments are the biggest problem of the world. Not the "Muslim baddies" aka boogeyman aka Isis (the elites goddess they adore), they fund and arm the Muslim baddies.
They need to be more strict screening refugees from Africa and certain parts of the Middle East or anywhere warlords exist!

We could learn a thing or two from Russia.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ones that protect these demons are worse than demons.

Why can't the Pope come out and just say, we are against any pedos that have infiltrated their church and will Name, shame and punish them and their protectors?

Why wouldn't you distant you church from this evil and harbour it instead?

As I am Orthodox, our leaders made public warnings to any evil person involved in our Church, if there are any and they are found they will be dealt publicly and condemned asap.
I’m with you bro.. it’s a heinous crime that is unforgivable!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
They need to be more strict screening refugees from Africa and certain parts of the Middle East or anywhere warlords exist!

We could learn a thing or two from Russia.
Look at the Shit Trump had to go through to achieve this. Multiple courts tried to block it and people went and rioted at airports.

Whenever you try to do something that makes a practical difference, people will claim you’re being racist etc.

Turnbull is far too much of a light touch progressive to actually have the balls to publicly limit or block migration from certain countries.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It goes beyond religious texts. It goes into people feeling alienated, people feeling targetted, people having no purpose in life, people having mental health issues, people being brought up in the wrong environments, etc etc
You are Over complicating it.

Mental health issues and so forth exist in all societies. But by and large it’s only islamists that feel the need to blow people up, shoot people, run ppl over (as a terrorist act) etc in Australia.

If your argument is true, then why is it that the Aus population is only 3% ppl identifying as Muslim, yet they are disproportionately represented in terror attacks.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Mental health issues and so forth exist in all societies. But by and large it’s only islamists that feel the need to blow people up, shoot people, run ppl over (as a terrorist act) etc in Australia.

If your argument is true, then why is it that the Aus population is only 3% ppl identifying as Muslim, yet they are disproportionately represented in terror attacks.
What an absolute load of nonsense.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What an absolute load of nonsense.
Really?

Alternatively we could discuss the number of Australian Muslims who fight in the Middle East for Isis versus the number who serve their country in the Australian defence force.

You’ll find there are more who have gone to fight for isis.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

not sure if you are trolling and deliberately presenting dumb arguments or naturally talented

firstly by your logic a terror attack is only considered when a muslim commits a crime, Martyn Bryant by your logic will never fall as a terrorist cos obviously the 'M' word.

by your logic whites are disproportionately represented in mass shooting in USA so people should question whites as why they feel the need to go on a mass shooting rampage all the fucken time

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really?

Alternatively we could discuss the number of Australian Muslims who fight in the Middle East for Isis versus the number who serve their country in the Australian defence force.

So you want to keep the ISIS fighters in the country? shouldn't you be happy they have pissed off from here without harming any one here?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really?

This is going to be just like the SSM discussion, You hide your bigotry and can't come forward with it e.g you were going to vote yes in the plebisicite until they started ramming it down people's voted

You want figures Britt, here's some figures for you . If what you say is true, there are 500,000 Muslims in Australia and their terror percentage would be a shit load more than the current stats of MUCH LESS THAN 1% of the Muslim population

Those ACTUAL numbers show that your analysis is WRONG

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be just like the SSM discussion, You hide your bigotry and can't come forward with it e.g you were going to vote yes in the plebisicite until they started ramming it down people's voted

You want figures Britt, here's some figures for you . If what you say is true, there are 500,000 Muslims in Australia and their terror percentage would be a shit load more than the current stats of MUCH LESS THAN 1% of the Muslim population

Those ACTUAL numbers show that your analysis is WRONG
Yes, I think you are right Comrade.

This conversation will go the same way. I’ll offer up some ideas for debate and then you’ll categorise me with labels in an attempt to shut down any debate that opposes your view.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I think you are right Comrade.

This conversation will go the same way. I’ll offer up some ideas for debate and then you’ll categorise me with labels in an attempt to shut down any debate that opposes your view.

just like you are un able to debate my counter argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.